“Winter/Fall 2013 Convention” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 66 hotels in Hollywood
Tampa, Florida
“Winter/Fall 2013 Convention”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I had an opportunity to reside at this location for 5 days! The rooms where spacious and clean! The staff was extremely helpful as I came in from a exciting day of training! Assisting me with local restaurants and the beach across the street! I will return in February 2014 for our Spring/Summer Launch Convention!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Tana F, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Demia,

Wow! We are so happy to know how much you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. See you in February!!

1,148 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I just spent 4 days at the hotel and the service was great -- from Akeelia at check in to Kevin at the concierge desk who arranged my shuttle to the airport. The restaurant staff was accomodating and yes, the breakfast buffet is a little pricey but they offer a wide selection of breakfast items including omlettes & bacon. Thank you Sandra D at the restaurant -- I needed a wine bottle opener which she graciously supplied along with wine glasses.

The room was large, quite nice and comfortable. The one downside -- I would recommend requesting a room away from the ice machine as it can be a little noisy. The wi-fi was slow but it was free. Otherwise, everything was great and the beach is but a 3-5 minute stroll across the street.

TIP: If you need anything, there's a convenience store next door and there's a super Walmart within walking distrance over the intercoastal. Also, the trolley stops just outside the hotel on the weekends and is great for exploring the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear water baby g,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share this review with us.
Thank you for your compliments on our staff services. The special mentions on Akeelia, Kevin and Sandra D will be relayed to their managers so that we ensure they get the recognition deserved for providing you such memorable services. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near the future.
Denver Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at this property for 5 days due to a death in the family. I had to work during my stay and the internet service is really lacking; They must have one T1 line for all hotel guests, staff, and rooms. The wireless internet did not work well in my room and the wired internet didnt work at all. I couldn't get any work done and had to use a wireless air card to avoid the Crowne Plaza network.

Hotel room was nice as were the pool and grounds. Location is excellent but the staff is rude and the service is lacking.
Upon checkin, the valet wanted my keys and moved the car around the corner before I checked in and was not able to get my luggage out of the car. He wanted a tip for this.

No bellboy approached me on checkin. After trying to grab the baggage cart, the bellboy gave me the index finger indicating to wait while he was on the computer. Facebook I might add. I tried to get the cart to load my luggage and he stated that HE was the only one allowed to use the baggage cart due to insurance purposes; What a huge lie that was. I have never heard of such a thing and he wants a tip after making me wait for him to finish his web-surfing
Reservations never stated that there was a $17/day parking fee which was waived after we explained the reason for our visit.

Food at the restaurant was below avg. They wanted $18.00 for the breakfast buffet that had no omelets, crepes, or bacon. The holiday Inn has better breakfasts.

I have stayed at Holiday Inns on the way down and the service at the Holiday Inns that we stayed at was exceptional, as was the internet access; I dont know what is happening at the Crowne Plaze but I will try not to stay at this location in the future.

Room Tip: All the rooms have very nice balconies. Do not stay if you need to work using hotels internet
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mikestoz,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
We are sorry to hear of the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. This kind of service behavior is not common at our hotel and we will be sure to look into it. Just so you are aware, it is hotel policy that our luggage carts are utilized by employees only for liability issues. We recently upgraded our internet services and unfortunately, during that time frame our services were unusually slow. This might have been the cause to the slow internet connection but again we apologize for the inconvenience. We truly appreciate your feedback and hope to see you in the near future.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I am currently staying the Crowne Plaza in Hollywood and it in no way is a 4 star property or experience. Everything is very average. There does not seem to be any management on site, as the employees seem to be disengaged. The restaurant is again average and over-priced and the bar is a morgue.

I have spent the majority of my vacation at the Westin down the block because both their sit down and to-go dining options are much better. Their lobby is also inviting and the staff welcoming and well-trained.

It's unfortunate that I spent nearly $1000 to stay at the Crowne Plaza and had the experience that I did.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Tana F, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Mark M,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We would like to discuss this further and see where there is room for improvement. Please email us directly at sales@cphollywoodbeach.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you again for your time.

Management
Clay, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Hotel/rooms were very nice but was most impressed at the friendliness of the staff. When our room did not have two beds as reserved, they moved us to a ocean view room. Staff greeted you and were very helpful from the housekeeping, conceirge, pool staff. I did not realize how far it was from the ocean though and probably would not stay again because of the location. I prefer being on the ocean rather than walking distance to the ocean.

Room Tip: Trolley stop right in front of hotel....$1!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sallyodo,

We appreciate you taking the time to share this great review with us.
Thank you for your wonderful feedback on our staff services. We certainly hope that you choose to stay with us again the next time you are in South Florida. Have a great summer!
Basel, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This Crowne Plaza was our last hotel in Florida after a two weeks and 1300 miles trip, and it delivered. Sure it is expensive, but you pay for a >5 minute access to the beach, huge rooms, a nice bathroom with a good shower (that is very important), great outdoor area including a big pool and a bar. We enjoyed staying there and even had dinner by the pool. The sandwiches are good and the frozen drinks contained a good amount of alcohol, in contrast to what people tell here. Maybe if you are unfriendly to the staff, you don't get the best treatment :) I cannot share the experience that the valet was rude, in contrast they are friendly. I made use of the self-parking and the service asked to help us with our luggage. I recommend that hotel and it's outdoor restaurant.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Tana F, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear armintoepfer,

Wow! Thank you for sharing this review with us.
We are so pleased to know how much you enjoyed your stay. All of your compliments on our staff services, hotel amenities and restaurants are much appreciated. Hopefully, the rest of your vacation also went well. We looking forward to seeing you the next time you are vacationing in South Florida. Have a great summer!
Miami Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Apart from the king size bed and the bathroom, I hardly enjoyed anything in this hotel. The AC is aircraft-engine loud, the sofa is dirty, the light at the lavabo and mirror isn't bright enough, internet is mega slow (Download :: 139 Kbps 17 kB/s Upload :: 87 Kbps 11 kB/s). My check-in at the reception took forever: they had problem with the computer, so had my keys in 30 minutes.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear tripbyr,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review with us.
We are sorry to hear of the inconveniences you encountered during your stay with us. We would like to discuss this with you further. Please email us at sales@cphollywoodbeach.com. We look forward to hearing from you.

Been to Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach? Share your experiences!