“Pretty nice value for all of the amenities and location.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #20 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
“Pretty nice value for all of the amenities and location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I booked for three days through Sniqueaway.com. I was not sure where they would stick me. Maybe close to the "boiler room" since the room was discounted. However, I was pleasantly surprised that I got a very nice room . The rooms are undergoing a nice redo and are very updated, clean and spacious. They remind me more of a small, efficiency condo than a hotel room. They have outside balconies, refrigerators, microwave and a wet bar. I think these units are a very good value. The staff was helpful, not over the top, but acceptable. I did not like the parking fee of $17-19 per night, but even when added to my room cost, the total night cost was very low in comparison to other hotels in the area. The onsite restaurant was surprisingly very good. I usually do not eat at hotel restaurants but this one was worth the time and money. I would stay here again if ever in the area. My only complaint was that the vending machines do not carry diet drinks. When 70% of the soft drink market is a diet drink, it seems silly not to include them in the vending machines. Small potatoes, I know, but there always has to be something to complain about.......not bad when it comes to this!

Room Tip: All rooms that I saw had balconies and reasonable views. I stayed on the north side which also had...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Tana F, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear onceinawhile31,

Thank you for sharing this wonderful review with us.
We are so pleased to know that we were able to exceed your expectations. Your recommendation for the vending machine is a good one and will be reviewed with our executive management team. No one has even mentioned that before so thank you for bringing it to our attention.
We truly appreciate your time and look forward to seeing you in Hollywood again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

never seen anything like this in my life. they make it absolutely impossible to change a reservation and give you the absolute run-around. Man by the name of JOSEPH is absolutely HORRIFIC and had an attitude I have never seen before. He started yelling at me and lecturing at me that he does not have to deal with people like me, then proceeded to hang up. When I dialed back, I reminded him that I am the customer and asked him to please help me. He REFUSED to simply change my reservation. Clearly they did not go to customer service school. AVOID HOTEL AT ALL COSTS.

Dear Carol G,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review.
We apologize for the inconvenience when trying to change your reservation. It's not clear what the miscommunication may have been. Certain reservations do have cancellation and modification restrictions. However, we do apologize for the run-around.
Hopefully, at this point the issue has been resolved. If not, please feel free to contact us directly at sales@cphollywodbeach.com for further assistance.
Thank you again for your time and we look forward to hearing from you.
Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I used priceline to book this hotel and had a very nice stay. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the pool was nice as well. I was here alone and felt safe. The ocean is a short walk across the street. I only ate at the restaurant once for breakfast. It was decent, but overpriced. I saw several people who had coupons so I'd recommend looking for those before eating here (I think they were from restaurants.com, but I'm not sure). I'd actually highly recommend going to the Inter Market Cafe right next to the hotel. Their coffee (especially the Cortadita!) and food was simple, but very good and MUCH cheaper. I had an entire meal here for about $5 (half the price of a cocktail at the hotel bar). I also liked the pizza place next door...good if you are alone or with kids/family.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear M O,

Thank you for taking the time to share this great review with us.
We appreciate your feedback of our restaurant. Just so you know, we offer bed and breakfast packages which includes daily breakfast for two. That might have been the coupons you saw other people using. If you prefer cortaditas over Starbucks, then the cafe next door is the place to be. :) Our staff loves their Cuban coffee as well.
Thank you again for this kind review and we hope to see you soon!
Arlington Heights, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

The hotel is nice but it's further away from the boardwalk than expected. Wished it was closer to restaurants/entertainment/shops. We took the trolley out to the boardwalk every evening for dinner. There wasn't too much within walking distance.
The pool is beautiful and very nice along the waterway. The sheets on the bed weren't very comfortable or soft. And all food options were very expensive at the hotel. Who wants to pay $15 for breakfast??
I thought this would be a nicer place to stay in Hollywood but we will be staying somewhere along the boardwalk and closer to everything next time.

Dear Ivelarde,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us.
We're sorry to hear that you may not choose to stay with us on your next trip to Hollywood.
Thank you for your feedback on the sheets and the breakfast prices. We will certainly review these items with our management team and see where there is room for improvement.
Thank you again for your time.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Hotel situated closer to Hallendal beach rather than Hollywood beach. Hotel is tired from the outside but ok inside. Convenient for the Everglades port and airport. Taxi 30 dollars. Convenient to pick up a water taxi from the pool area and try the trolley bus it's 1 dollar along the entire route. Shops bars and restaurants are on the broad walk on Hollywood beach and is not within walking distance. Overall however it was VFM.

Room Tip: Get a room view of the pool and not car park
Dear Iverlarde,

Thank you for sharing this review with us.
We appreciate your feedabck and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

On a whim, we decided to randomly go somewhere the night before. We were looking at Florida and through a priceline deal ended up at the Crowne Plaza, Hollywood, Florida. It was one of those pick a four star hotel, but you don't know what you'll end up with. We were so happy we got the Crowne, as I've always liked staying there because they have Ipod docks in the room. We were right across the street from the beach, the room was very pretty, with a unique mini veil that seperated the sink area from the bed area. (I probably wouldn't have liked this if I was with friends because there is no privacy) The room was large and our balcony overlooked the pool and the intercoastal, so we could lazily watch ships go by.
The pool was very nice..and big. Lots of chairs, never too crowded. Tiki bar that played cool tunes...(we actually remarked at the songs..because they were not only random in genres, but they were all my faves-on my Ipod everything from Pearl Jam to Miranda Lambert) Drinks were overpriced for what they were. If I'm gonna pay 10 plus for a Banana Daq., make sure you use fresh ingredients, not some mix that doesn't even taste like Bananas) But they are the only game in the area, so you are kind of stuck. There is a 7-11 next door if you need anything you may have forgotten to pack, but otherwise, you are not near any resteraunts or action. We walked approx. 2 miles to get to the Boardwalk..which, if you are going to visit, better to go on a weekday and have the place to yourself. We went first on a Sunday and ended up in a tourist trap of a resteraunt (with the only redeeming quality was that it was an open air establishment) eating bad fish, with a Slavic waitress barking at us, complaining about her other tables and even slamming her fist down on our table! Not to mention the crowd was at times, sketchy. Returning on Tuesday, it was a completely different atmosphere..just a tip! (We had the whole beach, it seemed, to ourselves and the people we encountered were friendly.)
The Circle, which has a great small town feel and an awesome collection of any food you could wish for was a treat, but had to taxi both ways. So I would recommend renting a car in Ft. Lauderdale, as this hotel is really not close to much. However, if you are on business or just looking for a relaxing getaway, this hotel is awesome. We especially appreciated the friendly welcome from the front desk every time we walked through the doors.
I did not give this hotel a five star because of location and no vending on the floors & the sub par Daquiri's. Otherwise, it is awesome!

Room Tip: Try and get a room overlooking pool!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Tana F, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear JessWyler,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us!
It's so great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate all of the recommendations you've provided. It's unfortunate to hear of your incident at the Hollywood Broadwalk, the first time around. They're usually pretty friendly over there not sure what got into them. We're happy to hear the weekday visit was better. :)
We look forward to welcoming you back to Hollywood real soon, for some more fun!
Thank you again for your time. Have a wonderful spring in Alabama!
Clearwater, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The hotel was nice, but what made the stay for us was the customer service. The customer service was exemplary! From check in to check out! The location was in walking distance to several restaurants and stores, as well as the other nice hotels and the beach.

• The air conditioner in our room was not working. Maintenance came up immediately. Unfortunately they had to come up three different times, since it never got under 80˚. We were moved to an another room.
• The rooms were a nice size with nice products.
• The down fall was the cleanliness. The rooms could have been cleaner. The room, at first glance, was clean. But once in, we saw that it was a quick surface or once over type clean. The lamps were dusty and the shower door and tile were not up to the standard as they should have been. Not necessarily "dirty," but not necessarily clean either.
•The breakfast buffet was average. There were scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausage, waffles and bagels fruit and cereals, coffee and juice. 16.95 plus tax

Room Tip: The higher roms had a lovely view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear regolg3dance,

Thank you for sharing all of this great feedback!
We appreciate your compliments on our customer service and feedback on where there is room for improvement. We will be sure to address these concerns with our executive management team and take necessary action.
Thank you very much for your time and we hope to see you soon.

Been to Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach? Share your experiences!