“Great stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 66 hotels in Hollywood
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Having caught up on some of the reviews below, we must've been staying in a different hotel!

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach for 6 nights prior to a cruise in March. The location of the hotel is perfectly away from any hustle & bustle. It serves as the last stop on the water taxi route and also has a stop out front for the Hollywood Beach trolley bus ($1 a ride). The Broadwalk takes a little while to walk to but go along the beach and it's a pleasant stroll.

Our rooms were huge, spotlessly clean and positioned as requested (high floor/north facing) although we didn't receive interconnecting, this wasn't an issue as our kids are older now.

Pool was clean with plenty of sunbeds both in full sun & shade and with a perfect view of the Intracoastal Waterway.

The burgers in the restaurant were voted the best of our entire 2 week stay by our kids (my vote went to Le Tub!) and the staff were very friendly & helpful, especially the concierge who sorted us out a car & driver for shopping & sightseeing.

Special mention goes to Frank in the bar who is quite possibly one of THE most attentive bar staff we've ever encountered - perfect timing for my top up Goose & Soda - cheers Frank!

This isn't the Westin, but it doesn't pretend to be!

Room Tip: Request high floor (the hotel is surrounded by carpark to the north & busy flyover to the south...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Tana F, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear InaMadhouse,

Well, we certainly appreciate advocates for our hotel like you!
Thank you for sharing this wonderful review with us. We're happy to know your family enjoyed their vacation. We appreciate the special mention of Frank and the service he provided to you. He is a great team member and we'll be sure to recognize him for leaving you all with such memorable service. While we do have some the best burgers in town, it's simply unfair to compare to a restaurant that specializes in burgers. :) Le Tub is amazing and it's great to know you all had a chance to enjoy their atmosphere as well.
We hope to see you and your family the next time you are in the States!

1,135 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
West Chester, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Well let's just say a very expensive lesson. On April 24th a booked a reservation for 7 nights (First week in July) before making the reservation I spoke with a rep to get information on the hotel/location. I then Booked the reservation on their website and within 24 hours I found out the information given to me was incorrect regarding location and was not going to wrk so I called and lvm and did not receive a call back, my cc had not been charged yet so on April 26th I got online and cancalled the reservation. Then I see on April 30th my cc was charged $1100 so I called and left another vm, no responce so I called back next day and was told the reservation I booked was nonrefundable. Spoke to several other people in Guest relations trying to come to some type of compromise, explained I did not see that policy, only saw information as to a non refundable deposit and did not say how much when placing the reservation. I am very upset as to how I was treated and thought since it was 24 hr period they would work with me on this but no such luck. Not that it should matter, but I am 24 and single parent and $1100 is quit a bit of money for me to lose and I do agree I am part responsable for not noticeing the fine print but good customer service will go a long way.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Kellie V,

Thank you for sharing this review and allowing us to address your concerns.
We were able to find your reservation and saw that was booked through a third party company. Unfortunately, any cancellation and refund request must go through that company as we do not have access to your payment information. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. You can email us directly at Sales@cphollywoodbeach.com.
Thank you again for your time.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Setting the scene:
My wife and I don't get out very much. We both have full-time jobs, 2 kids under 11 years old who have sports activities and homework that needs to get done, and we are trying to get a new business off the ground. Do you think we have a social life? No! I'm sure we're not the only family with this type of life, so don't think we believe we're the only people on the planet living this kind of life LOL. Fact of the matter is...we don't have a lot of time to spend together or go out.

The hotel experience:
My wife booked a reservation through the Crowne Plaza's web site on April 4th, 2013 and we received a confirmation email that day. We receive another confirmation email on April 24th. Both emails included a confirmation number. I contacted the hotel via email 2 days before check in and told them we were coming down to Florida from Michigan for a baptism (since we're the God Parents). I also let them know that we don't get out a lot because of our busy schedule we wanted to make a long, romantic weekend out of the trip and celebrate our anniversary. I politely asked for a room upgrade. All I got from the Reservations Manager at the Crowne Plaza was, "Please be advised that we have tried to locate your reservation with both the confirmation number provided and your name but have been unable to find it in our system."

After I received that reply, I called central reservations for Crowne Plaza and they found my reservation using my confirmation number without any issues. So I followed up again with the Reservations Manager at the Hollywood Beach Crowne Plaza and let her know central reservations found us in their system. Again, I got a reply back saying she could not locate my reservation by confirmation number or last name. This back and forth went on for 2 days. Finally, while boarding the plane, I asked her if she could follow up with central reservations. She obviously did not because when we got to the Crowne Plaza at Hollywood Beach the front desk could not find our reservation. It took almost 30 minutes to check in and we were made to think it was our fault.

Furthermore, they did not apologize, they did not do anything to remedy the situation knowing our back story and having contacted the Reservations Manager for the hotel. What they did was give us a room on the 4th floor with torn furniture, and a view of the parking lot and a dumpster that stunk to high heaven! Later that evening I asked if there was a chance to get a room upgrade the next day and I was told by the manager on duty to stop by after 11:00 am. So I did. I spoke with a gentleman and told him our situation. He was more than happy to help. He said we'd be put in a suite on an exective floor with a nice view. I guess the hotel considers an executive suite a room with a king-sized bed on floors 8-10. It was the same exact room we had on the 4th floor except we were now on the 8th floor (an "executive" floor) with a half-way decent view. So not a room upgrade at all except for a half-way decent view.

Conclusion:
As I was boarding the plane to go back home, I got an email back from the Reservations Manager saying if she would have found my reservation that she would have been able to prioritize an upgrade. She said sorry for the inconvenience (oh, gee...an apology after we checked out).

The fact she didn't take 2 minutes to call central reservations and verify my reservation is, to say the least, horrible customer service. She must have known that we were going to have an issue checking in, therefore she could have at least done some leg work for 2 minutes to verify things with central reservations. That didn't happen which is just plain lazy and really ticks me off. It took almost 30 minutes to check in. Then we got a room with a view of a smelly dumpster!

There was no apology or no effort to remedy the inconvenience. In fact, the manager on duty who checked us in saw us at the pool and just looked at us. She never came up to apologize or ask how the room was, or ask us if we're enjoying the pool...NOTHING! Just walked right by us after making eye contact. Stellar customer service!

If it was me as the hotel manager, I would have at the very least apologized for the inconvenience. Then, knowing our situation and back story, I would have offered a bottle of champagne, or one free drink for each of us at the tiki bar in the pool area, or comped a breakfast or a lunch or a dinner...or SOMETHING...ANYTHING!!! So as I mentioned before, my wife and I don't get out very often. We were just looking for a romantic getaway...nothing more, nothing less. We thought the Crowne Plaza could help us out just a little, but they didn't and needless to say we were extremely disappointed with the way we were treated by the Crowne Plaza at Hollywood Beach. My wife's review is also on this site and is similar in content. Yes...that's how upset we both are. We both took the time to write a review of our experience.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, get a room on the North, Northwest side of the building that faces the pool a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Michigain_Traveler.

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding customer service which was unacceptable. We will address this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
providenciales
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

My feelings on this place do not extend much beyond the title I just gave it.

Offer nothing other then a poorly dated, falling apart room for a lot more money then if you were a few blocks off the strip and rented a car which you need regardless if you are hanging anywhere on the strip.

Room Tip: if you are there to drink and party and get some action that you would do in an alleyway you probabl...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Blue M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.
It's unfortunate to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay. We would like to hear more about your experience and why your needs were not met. Please email us directly at sales@cphollywoodbeach.com to discuss this further. Thank you again.

Tana F.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

They lost our reservation and acted like it was out fault. No apologies. Carla was pretty rude. Our romantic weekend was not off to a great start... We finally got to our room 30 minutes later and went on the balcony to relax only to be over looking a dumpster!!! They said they were booked and could not move out room until next day. Next day rolls around. We ask for a room change and were told we were being given a suite. Not so much!
When we were looking for restaurant recommendations the concierge was no where to be found. Ends up going to westin and asking their concierge who graciously booked a table for us. Bottom line...pay the extra money and stay at te Westin. Crowne Plaza does not care about its guests at all!!

• Stayed April 2013
Tana F, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Bec817,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review with us.
We apologize for the inconvenience upon check in but glad to know that we were able to find your reservation and get you settled. We usually honor requests for room changes however, when we are at full occupancy that can be a challenge since there are no rooms available. As for the concierge, it's not clear why the concierge was not available to assist. Perhaps, he was with another guest. Nonetheless, we greatly apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay with us. We hope to get the opportunity to show you our true service culture during you next visit to Hollywood. Have a great Spring!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Two night stop over . Attentive check in staff. Well appointed room with all necessary facilities.
Nice pool and restaurant , and hotel close to beach and major / minor roads and shops.

Only observation on downside would be having to pay for on site overnight parking .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear William M,

We truly appreciate your wonderful feedback of your stay with us. Hopefully, your next visit with us will bit longer. There's much more for you to explore in Hollywood!
We're looking forward to seeing you soon.
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed on the hotel from April 21st-24th. I stayed in this hotel for business reasons. On the 2nd night, my company had required me to stay one more day and so I needed an extra night to stay in the hotel. I called front desk to inquire if there are any available rooms or if it's possible that I can stay in the same room and for the same rate. She assured me that it was completely fine and that I can stay in the same room, etc. I came back to the hotel after a long day at work, and I found my door open. It was kept open by the metal lock that usually locks from the inside, I'm assuming it is used when housekeeping is cleaning the rooms. I looked around, made sure that my luggage was not missing or any of my valuables. Found my luggage in the closet, and I did not think anything of it. Took a shower, and just realized that my toiletry bag was missing!! I checked everywhere to make sure that I did not store it anywhere else and then I called front desk to report that my toiletry is missing and that my door was open when I walked in. Front desk was not apologetic, nor empathetic and was not understanding about the situation. She mentioned to me that "This has never happened in 4 yrs of my experience in this company, I'm alone and I can only report it to the director of housekeeping."
The next morning when I was checking out, I spoke with the front desk manager and reported that my belongings are missing. The manager in charge, Chris, mentioned that I was basically already checked out the day before. I ended up speaking with Carla Suarez, who I assume is the manager on duty and, explained to her the situation. Yet again, unapologetic, dis-empathetic or unaccommodating about my situation. I explained to Ms Suarez that the front desk who I spoke with the previous evening did not mention ANYTHING about billing procedures for an extra night. It was obviously not clearly stated or communicated to me on the procedures that needed to be taken in order for me to stay one more night. Ms Suarez made me feel like I did it on purpose staying a night for free, even though my key still worked and that my water and iced coffee was still in the refrigerator and my used shampoo and towel was still in the bathroom but yet my toiletry bag is missing? And I'm supposedly already checked out? There's obviously a disconnect between the managers and the staff. Yet again, no explanations, no apologies.
I'm just very disappointed at how I was treated. I was here for a business trip that my company has pre-paid for me with our own travel agency. My colleagues and I have stayed in this hotel in the past and I think it's a terrible loss for the hotel to lose an account from us. I don't want to stay here again. And I don't recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Melanni D,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review with us.
We're so sorry to hear of the confusion with your reservation and the misplaced toiletry bag. We would like to look further into this situation. Can you please email us directly at Sales@cphollywoodbeach.com? We can assure this situation is a first with us and we want to be sure we address all of your concerns.
We look forward to hearing from you!

Been to Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach? Share your experiences!