“VACATION STOPOVER” 4 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #20 of 64 Hotels in Hollywood
“VACATION STOPOVER”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Two night stop over . Attentive check in staff. Well appointed room with all necessary facilities.
Nice pool and restaurant , and hotel close to beach and major / minor roads and shops.

Only observation on downside would be having to pay for on site overnight parking .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Tana F, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear William M,

We truly appreciate your wonderful feedback of your stay with us. Hopefully, your next visit with us will bit longer. There's much more for you to explore in Hollywood!
We're looking forward to seeing you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed on the hotel from April 21st-24th. I stayed in this hotel for business reasons. On the 2nd night, my company had required me to stay one more day and so I needed an extra night to stay in the hotel. I called front desk to inquire if there are any available rooms or if it's possible that I can stay in the same room and for the same rate. She assured me that it was completely fine and that I can stay in the same room, etc. I came back to the hotel after a long day at work, and I found my door open. It was kept open by the metal lock that usually locks from the inside, I'm assuming it is used when housekeeping is cleaning the rooms. I looked around, made sure that my luggage was not missing or any of my valuables. Found my luggage in the closet, and I did not think anything of it. Took a shower, and just realized that my toiletry bag was missing!! I checked everywhere to make sure that I did not store it anywhere else and then I called front desk to report that my toiletry is missing and that my door was open when I walked in. Front desk was not apologetic, nor empathetic and was not understanding about the situation. She mentioned to me that "This has never happened in 4 yrs of my experience in this company, I'm alone and I can only report it to the director of housekeeping."
The next morning when I was checking out, I spoke with the front desk manager and reported that my belongings are missing. The manager in charge, Chris, mentioned that I was basically already checked out the day before. I ended up speaking with Carla Suarez, who I assume is the manager on duty and, explained to her the situation. Yet again, unapologetic, dis-empathetic or unaccommodating about my situation. I explained to Ms Suarez that the front desk who I spoke with the previous evening did not mention ANYTHING about billing procedures for an extra night. It was obviously not clearly stated or communicated to me on the procedures that needed to be taken in order for me to stay one more night. Ms Suarez made me feel like I did it on purpose staying a night for free, even though my key still worked and that my water and iced coffee was still in the refrigerator and my used shampoo and towel was still in the bathroom but yet my toiletry bag is missing? And I'm supposedly already checked out? There's obviously a disconnect between the managers and the staff. Yet again, no explanations, no apologies.
I'm just very disappointed at how I was treated. I was here for a business trip that my company has pre-paid for me with our own travel agency. My colleagues and I have stayed in this hotel in the past and I think it's a terrible loss for the hotel to lose an account from us. I don't want to stay here again. And I don't recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Melanni D,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review with us.
We're so sorry to hear of the confusion with your reservation and the misplaced toiletry bag. We would like to look further into this situation. Can you please email us directly at Sales@cphollywoodbeach.com? We can assure this situation is a first with us and we want to be sure we address all of your concerns.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

This was our first visit to Hollywood Beach and our first stay at a Crowne Plaza, we had a great experience and are planning on visiting again same time next year. Our room was very clean and liked the idea of staying on a "Quiet Floor" (6th floor) no slamming doors or housekeeping going up and down the halls early in the morning. The pool was excellent and just a short walk to the beach. The staff was very helpful and polite. We also visited a new deli and market that was a block down across the street at the Tides hotel, the food was fresh and delicious. We can't wait until our next visit!!!

Room Tip: 6th floor is the "quiet rooms"
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Tana F, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Wendy A,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
We're so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your next visit. Please feel free to share the good news to our friends in Baltimore. :)
We can't wait to welcome you and your family back to Hollywood soon. Have a wonderful Spring!

Saddle Brook, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I usually don't review hotels on here unless they are spectacular or horrible. Unfortunately this was not a good experience for me. I normally stay at the Westin Diplomat across the street and I never have any issues there but the Crowne Plaza was priced slightly lower so I decided to give it a shot. You know the hotel isn't as great as it should be if the only thing nice you can say about it is, well it had a nice pool. The Westin Diplomat has two stunning pools.
It all started from the moment I checked in...I got to my room and walked in and the tile floor was all sticky and the carpet was completely damp all over. I decided to suck it up and deal with it...that was until I was getting ready to go out for the night and I noticed something on the floor next to the sink. I decided to check it out closer and realized that it was a medium sized roach. I suddenly wasn't sure if I was staying in a Crowne Plaza or a Days Inn. I immediately called the front desk to inform them of the situation and they apologized and moved my room. This room appeared more suitable, however when I went to lay down at night the room was dark and I did not look at the sheets and when I woke up in the morning there were stains on the sheets that looked like dried blood that was clearly there for a while and not my own. Again is this a 1 star hotel or 4 1/2 star? I went down to the front desk and told the clerk there of the issue and her response was "would you like me to have housekeeping change the sheets for you?" No. I prefer to sleep in someone else's dried blood. Are you kidding me?! Not even an apology. Then comes day 3. I left my dirty towels on the floor to be taken and they did indeed take them.....but they did not leave me with clean towels. I once again called the front desk and asked them to send me clean towels....it only took 25 minutes to get them once I called...no big deal because I wasn't going to shower or anything...I only just came in from the pool. Then Day 4 arrives and I asked myself...what new obstacle will I face with the hotel today? Well I go to leave my room and I see housekeeping is in my hallway and I go downstairs and come back up and the carts are already past my room in the other wing of my floor and my room is not done up. At this point I was DONE. I went down to the front desk and complained to one of the managers. He apologized and said there was no excuse for what has happened and he was sorry. I must say that he at least took ownership of the situation and he tried to make it better but all of this has still left a bad taste in my mouth. In addition the carpet in the rooms look very worn, the tile is dirty, the wood trim around the door in my room has a big chunk missing out of it, the furniture is all chipped and the appliances and glass doors in the bathroom shower have streaks all over. This is not what I expect from a hotel of this caliber or brand name. Honestly, beware of this hotel....I don't want anyone else to have to go through what I did. The Westin is the way to go if you want to stay in this area.

Room Tip: Don't book here and chances are you will find a good room elsewhere.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Jason B,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns with us. We apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. It’s not clear what happened but I want to assure you that these types of incidents are not common in our hotel. We will review your feedback with our executive management team and make the necessary improvements to ensure this does not happen to another guest. Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I just returned last week after a 4-night stay at this property (following a 10-night Caribbean cruise on the Celebrity Equinox).

The hotel (Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach) was nicer than I thought to be honest. I was a bit apprehensive after reading some reviews here but as with all reviews, you have to go with your gut feel. It is an older property but it's been renovated and the rooms and public areas are very nice looking. If you look closely in the bathrooms for example, you can tell it's an older hotel but everything works well.

If you are looking for a resort-style hotel in the Lauderdale/Hollywood area, its a good property. It isn't on the beach but thats not important to me or my travelling companion. We like a good pool and after being on a cruise for 11 days, we'd seen enough water. It isn't the best property to choose for a one night pre or post cruise stay as it's a 20 minute drive south of Lauderdale but, if you want a relaxing resort with a great pool, this is a good choice. As mentioned, it isn't on the beach but it's on the intercoastal waterway and the water taxi stops right there at the hotel. For $20 you get an all day 'hop on, hop' off pass and the taxi takes you to Los Olas Bvld in downtown Lauderdale (shopping and dining area), the beaches north of Lauderdale and its a great way to see some of the amazing mansions and yachts in the area. If you want a crazy time with the 'locals', get off at the stop where Joe's Tiki Bar is - there is karaoke on Tuesday and Thursday nights and it's a lot of fun! The only drawback to the hotel is that there isn't a lot within easy walking distance. The Hollywood Broadwalk is a few blocks north but it's a bit of a hike to get to where the restaurants were we wanted to go to so we usually took a $9 cab ride instead. Great places to eat and drink on the Broadwalk and great people-watching day and night.

The guest rooms are large and comfortable and there is a microwave, sink and fridge so you can pop next door to the 7Eleven to pick up snacks and drinks for the room. Our balcony was large but not in great shape (room 415). We had one outdoor chair, a small patio table and one banquet chair for some reason. I wasn't keen on sitting in a soggy upholstered banquet chair so we never sat on the balcony. We were glued to CNN whenever we were in our room watching the events unfold from the Boston Marathon Bombing so we didn't miss not using the balcony (or I would have probably asked for a better chair).

A selling feature for us (other than being on the waterway and having the advantage of seeing all the boats going by all day) was the pool. (Oh and we even saw a school of dolphins go past one day!) The pool is a large freeform pool much like a Caribbean resort-type so its very relaxing and tropical looking. There is one restaurant (indoor with a patio as well) on the resort open for breakfast, lunch and dinner but for a casual afternoon snack or meal, there is the Lava Tiki Bar by the pool. I do have to say that we had problems on 2 days with our lunch orders (I'm sure it was just a coincidence) but on both occasions, Manny took immediate action and on one day comped a round of draft and on the other occasion, he didn't charge us for our lunches at all. It sure makes problems easier to take when someone offers immediate resolutions like that! He's an asset to the property.

I'd stay here again.

Shout-outs to Mike, the Manager On Duty and Manny at the Lava Tiki Bar. Both helped make the stay pleasant with their warm welcomes.

Room Tip: You won't get great views of the ocean from here unless you are on a higher floor and even then...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear INTOYYZ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share this review with us.
We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and will be returning soon. We appreciate you informing us of the issues you encountered during your stay. We will review your concerns with our management team and take necessary action. We look forward to having you and your friends stay with us again. Have a great spring!

Chicago, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Crowne Plaza is marketed as an upscale 4-star brand. The facilities are nice enough, but the service just does not meet expectations. From the start, very disorganized entrance, with no staff present. One guest called out to me without any prompt and said, "don't be a rush, it's going to take a while". At the front desk, the staff member who helped me was more concerned about her co-worker saving her the last piece of gum, than completing my check in. She gave no directions on how to self-park (option to self park for $17 or valet for $19, i choose to self-park not for cost-savings, but for time-savings, especially in a place where it appeared the valets are understaffed)., or how to get to the room, and rolled her eyes when asked.

I will stop there, as this is will just become a rant. On value standpoint, you can do a lot better for the same price for similiar amenities (near hollywoodbeach, but note not actually on the Beach). The Westin Diplomat is a much better choice literally a block away. Rooms are clean, note that the bathrooms do not include tubs if you want that. Wi-fi is free which is rare for this class of hotel. I can't just give it one star, as the other aspects were otherwise ok, but nothing spectacular.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Tana F, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear C_in_Chicago,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review with us.
We truly appreciate your feedback and greatly apologize for the service issues you encountered during your stay. This type of service is not usual in our hotel and we will be sure to address it with our team. Please feel free to contact us directly to further discuss this matter. You may email us at sales@cphollywoodbeach.com. We look forward to hearing from you.

Tinley Park, Illinois, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

This was our first vacation to Florida and the Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach was a great place to start. Located right off the beach in South Hollywood, it was a relatively quick taxi ride from the airport. We arrived early (around 11:30am) and were still able to check-in. They only had a 2 Double bed room as opposed to the King which we prefer, but since it was so early, we took the room.

When we got into the room, it was a little warm so I went right to the thermostat to turn it down a few degrees. We also noticed the room was a little dirty in the bathroom, but we didn't pay too much attention to it. I locked up my electronic equipment in the safe and we went to the pool for a few hours. When we came back to the room, it was still very warm. I checked the thermostat and it was actually warmer than when we arrived. I went to put my camera back in the safe. It opened but would not lock again. It was stuck on the "OPENED" prompt and none of the buttons were functioning (I'm relatively tech-savvy and know how to work a safe, so it wasn't a user error). Finally, when I went into the washroom, the bathroom door would not close completely.

After all of this, I decided to call the front desk and see if we could switch rooms. Thankfully, they let us switch to a King-bed room and everything turned around. Our 2nd room was perfect. The air worked perfectly, cooling us to a nice 70 degrees, so did everything else in the room.

The pool is excellent. Very large, warm and refreshing. The Tiki Bar is also great; I recommend a Lava Flow, they're excellent. The staff was very helpful along the trip as well, making sure everything was up to par and above expectations.

I would've given this hotel a 5-star review if it weren't for the first room mishap. However, we shouldn't have to ask for a room with working A/C, safe and a closing bathroom door, so I downgrade the stay to 3-stars.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Tana F, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Kevin K,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share this review with us.
We're so sorry to hear of the mishaps in your first room but happy we were able to get you a perfect room. Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback of our amenities and our staff services. We strive to exceed our guests expectations and always appreciate receiving feedback when we do. We look forward to having you stay in the near future.

Tana F.

Been to Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach? Share your experiences!