This was our first stay at this Hotel. Not to mention the first time in a long time staying in southern Florida. I must say when I book a hotel or resort and have others staying with me there is a bit of pressure on me to make sure we stay at a good spot. Fairly close to the Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood airport , about 20/25 drive. They dont have a shuttle.
I had called a couple of weeks prior as I always do to make sure we were on one of the top three floors in the executive levels. And to make sure we had adjoining rooms as well. I had also asked for a free upgrade as I am a Priority Club Platinum member. It always helps to call a week or two in advance to help plan things. even to ask simple things, how far way from the airport, what are some close attractions, If I park is it free or how much. Is there anything ineresting happening in town the week that we are there. Our rooms werent ready, but the woman at the front desk gave me some options and we took the free drinks and sat in the patio for a half hour before our rooms were ready.. No big deal, the rooms were adjoining, we had the top floor and the rooms were spacious and very clean. Both having balconys, overlooking the pool, the waterway and the ocean.
My wife and my step kids (teenagers) love to lounge and be by a pool. And they loved this one. The pool is huge, there are alot of comfortable chairs and great ambience. We are easy going people, when we just came from cold and snow to pool and Palm trees we are good. The hotel was fairly full but there is plenty of room in the pool area, not crowded at all. There is also a great Tiki bar right there with a great assortment of drinks and food. Very convienent with tables to eat at right there. And the staff serving was fantastic. Thanks to Dan to make our stay around the pool extrememly enjoyable.
Now if you like to go to the beach, I'll be honest we werent crazy about the beach across the street. The Hallandale Beach area is about a 2/3 minute walk away , across the street. Its not that great, we went to the Fort. Lauderdale beach strip the one day and that was a lot better.
There is a great water taxi ( you can look it up on line) that stops right at the crown plaza and comes by every hour or so. It takes you along the water way, you watch the big yacht, expensive houses, takes you by the cruise ships. We took it to Fort lauderdale and decided to have lunch there and check out the beach. Which was a greeat idea because they next night they were having a fat tuesday. So there were a lot of activites going on.
The hotel is located right in between Fort. Lauderdale and Miami. There is also a great spot in the lobby to get starbucks coffee and some great breakfast stuff. There is also a 7/11 besided the hotel if you want some other stuff as well. I also used the gym downstairs which had treadmills and weights, not to bad.
We extremely enjoyed this hotel and I would reccommend it. Even though I am an easy going kind of guy , I am a little fussy with hotels as I travel alot and have certain expectations.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach Hotel Hollywood
- Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Hollywood
- Hollywood Crowne Plaza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reserve a welcoming stay at the Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach Resort, one of the premier Fort Lauderdale hotels. Our ideal location among Hollywood, Florida hotels situates us conveniently between luminous beachfronts and stellar Ft. Lauderdale attractions like Gulfstream Park and Miami Dolphin Stadium. Experience lodging that befits the stunning surroundings. Utilize our state-of-the-art fitness center, taste South Florida hotel cuisine at Elements Bistro or sip a cool cocktail from Lava Tiki Bar & Grille. After a spectacular day of fun in the sun, retire to our richly-appointed guestrooms at one of the leading hotels in Hollywood, FL. Don t miss a gorgeous sunset from your balcony, and take advantage of amenities including complimentary high-speed Internet access, in-room safe, refrigerator, microwave and free premium cable. Upgrade to one of our three elegant suites and enjoy the comfort of a private bedroom and the refreshing feel of modern design. Plan your South Florida travel around a luxurious stay at one of the newest Florida vacation resorts. Discover chic, yet affordable waterfront lodging with one of our Hollywood, Florida vacation packages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Amex, Priceline, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.