“Nice ...” 4 of 5 stars

Save up to 25%
Ranked #18 of 66 Hotels in Hollywood
“Nice ...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

Nice Hotel and not really anything big to complain about. Pro's are the contemporary design (can not really expect that from a Crowne Plaza in US), friendly staff, nice pool. I also appreciated to receive free parking as Platinum Priority Club member. There are - by the way - plenty parking opportunities at the Hotel and disagree with statements made by other travelers that the Hotel does not have enough parking. They have plenty! I would personally always recommend having a car here because the really nice beach (North Hollywood state park) requires a car to get to - the beach opposite the hotel is no match.

The positive experience is rounded off by high quality HD TV, good beds and good A/C system.

Only two slight negatives I have: the rooms could be slightly cleaner (e.g. sofa in room has many stains, some dark spots in shower and corners in bathroom ... well ...). Overall not a disaster and nothing where I would say it was a major issue, but obviously I noticed and thus not ideal ... Last but not leas: the Internet connection is a disaster. Frequently line connection terminates and when it stays on it is terribly slow. Downloading from iTunes is impossible - about 7 hours for a 22 minute TV show - where the download always stalls after two hours. :-(

But again: overall quite positive experience and would definitely come back (again)

Stayed November 2012
mistypfllso, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear ATLdud,

Thank You for sharing this wonderful review and for being a Priority Club member.
We're so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed the time you spent with us.
Thank you for your feedback and letting us know where there is room for improvement. We will be addressing these concerns with our management team.
We appreciate you bringing it to our attention and look forward to your return stay with us.
Happy Holidays!

Tana F.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Sydney, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I had to travel to Ft Lauderdale for a convention and unfortunately the Westin was booked. The nearest hotel was just a block away.

The people and the facility at the Crowne Plaza were excellent. The place was clean and the pool area was beautiful and well maintained.

I would definately stay at the Crowne Plaza again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
mistypfllso, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Paul C.,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review with us.
We're happy that we were able to make your business trip a pleasurable one as well.
We certainly look forward to having you stay with us again. See you soon!

Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stay at a lot of the IHG hotels (Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza, etc) and unfortunately the chain in general seems to be on the downswing. But I was pleasantly surprised after checking into this hotel that my room was current, clean, stylish and very spacious. The biggest I've ever had in a Crowne hotel. Also had a balcony with a nice view of the city and could see the ocean which was a big plus. My favorite part of the experience was the pool though. Instead of a typical square pool it was large and curvy with palm trees throughout with a really cool infinity pool that was literally on the edge of the river. The nicest Crowne Plaza I've ever stayed at and really enjoyed my stay.

Dear Hopethisreviewhelps,

Wow! Thank you for sharing such a great review with us.
It's nice to hear how much our property blew you away. :)
We really appreciate all of your compliments of the property and hope we get an opportunity to have you stay with again on your next visit to Hollywood.
Happy Holidays!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

We had a fabulous time. The staff was always friendly and helpful. The pool area was clean and inviting. The rooms were very clean and cozy. The beds were comfortable. The view could have been better but I was down there for a wedding as opposed to a beach vacation. With a car, we had easy access to nearby areas. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012
mistypfllso, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Lola32436,

We're so happy to hear to enjoyed your "much needed vacay".
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback and we're looking forward to seeing you soon!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The Crowne Plaze Hollywood Beach had all the qualities that I wanted in a hotel: Value, Service, Location, this hotel had it all and I was also impressed by the associated services as well. On my next trip to town, I will stay at the Crowne Plaza.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Norman M,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your business trip.
We're so happy you enjoyed your stay and we're looking forward to having you as a frequent guest. Don't forget to sign up for Priority Club Rewards, if you haven't done so already, and start earning points with every stay. We can sign you up upon check in or you can do so online.
Thank you for taking the time to share this review and we'll see you soon!

Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Nice hotel. From the minute of arrival the valet guys are very friendly as are the staff on reception. We had a lovely room which was very comfortable. Pool area very clean and plenty of available beds, nice touch that the pool is climate controlled. Good tiki bar, although service pretty slow if you use the waiter service, so probably best not to be lazy and get up and walk to the bar to collect your drinks. Not much around shopping or restaurant wise within walking distance but only a couple of minutes to the beach, although you do have to cross the busy road out front. We took breakfast there and there was a good selection available and friendly service. Free Wifi in room was a bonus. The only really poor part to our stay was upon check out. The guy fetched down our luggage and the valet brought our hire car (which was immaculate upon our arrival!!) to the front. The concierge/bell boy decided to help lift our cases into the boot. One case was quite heavy and he dropped it on the bumper, pushed the case to shunt it into the boot and hey presto.... scuffed big marks of paint off the bumper. My husband immediately raised this with him and the concierge went defensive straight away, denying he had done this. As we were worried we would get charged by Alamo we wanted the manager bringing out to see this. The concierge would not get him so my husband went into reception on his own and I stayed with the car and our son. While hubby was inside the concierge was heads together with one of the valets for a few moments... Hotel Manager was defending his staff saying he wouldnt have done it, and surprise surprise, valet guy went in offering his help with the "form" they filled in on our arrival showing scuff marks on the bumper. This form we had never seen so fear this had been doctored by them immediately as surely if we arrived with damage they would have told us straight away so we didnt try and blame them at a later date. When my husband suggested calling the police to sort this as it seemed a little fraudulent the manager at that point did say the hotel would cover any charges associated with the damage, so in any event we would not have had an issue in the end with Alamo. Shame we had to suggest police intervention to get that resolution. Apart from that (sorry its a long moan) it was a good stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear spanner1607,

Thank you very much for sharing this lovely review.
We appreciate all of your feedback and happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
The situation upon check out is unfortunate but we're happy to hear the manager on duty did address the situation. We're certainly looking forward to seeing you and the family the next time you're in Hollywood.
Happy Holiday!

East End, Grand Cayman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I have stayed at this location several times as I come to Miami on business and pleasure quite a bit. I like the hotels' proximity to the beach, shopping, Miami and Ft. Lauderdale. The pool area is great, right on the Intracoastal. The rooms are comfortable and very tastefully decorated. The front desk staff, housekeeping, room service and valets are always friendly and sincere.

The only reason I am giving a Very Good instead of an Excellent is because of my dissatisfaction in how a situation was handled by staff. On my past trip I left an item in the room and promptly called to locate it. The process was time consuming and I ended up having to repeat myself. One associate handled the situation well and I did receive the forgotten item via FedEx the next day, but I wish she would have asked how I would have liked to have it shipped instead of shipping it the most expensive way without asking. The only follow-up I received was a very impersonal and causally-toned email, in response to the original email I sent in an attempt to locate the item, informing me that the item could not be located. Clearly there was a breakdown in communication. I was completely unimpressed with how this situation was handled, though of course happy that the item was recovered.

I would stay at this location again, but would be very careful not to leave anything.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
mistypfllso, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear BrisaRisa,

First off, let us begin by thanking you for being such a loyal guest and for taking the time to share this review with us.
We're so happy to hear the item was recovered and shipped to you right away. We do apologize for the miscommunication with the email and confusion this may have caused.
We certainly look forward to seeing you the next time you're in town for business. Thank you!

Tana F.

Been to Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach? Share your experiences!