“Nice hotel & pool” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 66 hotels in Hollywood
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel & pool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Nice hotel. From the minute of arrival the valet guys are very friendly as are the staff on reception. We had a lovely room which was very comfortable. Pool area very clean and plenty of available beds, nice touch that the pool is climate controlled. Good tiki bar, although service pretty slow if you use the waiter service, so probably best not to be lazy and get up and walk to the bar to collect your drinks. Not much around shopping or restaurant wise within walking distance but only a couple of minutes to the beach, although you do have to cross the busy road out front. We took breakfast there and there was a good selection available and friendly service. Free Wifi in room was a bonus. The only really poor part to our stay was upon check out. The guy fetched down our luggage and the valet brought our hire car (which was immaculate upon our arrival!!) to the front. The concierge/bell boy decided to help lift our cases into the boot. One case was quite heavy and he dropped it on the bumper, pushed the case to shunt it into the boot and hey presto.... scuffed big marks of paint off the bumper. My husband immediately raised this with him and the concierge went defensive straight away, denying he had done this. As we were worried we would get charged by Alamo we wanted the manager bringing out to see this. The concierge would not get him so my husband went into reception on his own and I stayed with the car and our son. While hubby was inside the concierge was heads together with one of the valets for a few moments... Hotel Manager was defending his staff saying he wouldnt have done it, and surprise surprise, valet guy went in offering his help with the "form" they filled in on our arrival showing scuff marks on the bumper. This form we had never seen so fear this had been doctored by them immediately as surely if we arrived with damage they would have told us straight away so we didnt try and blame them at a later date. When my husband suggested calling the police to sort this as it seemed a little fraudulent the manager at that point did say the hotel would cover any charges associated with the damage, so in any event we would not have had an issue in the end with Alamo. Shame we had to suggest police intervention to get that resolution. Apart from that (sorry its a long moan) it was a good stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
mistypfllso, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear spanner1607,

Thank you very much for sharing this lovely review.
We appreciate all of your feedback and happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
The situation upon check out is unfortunate but we're happy to hear the manager on duty did address the situation. We're certainly looking forward to seeing you and the family the next time you're in Hollywood.
Happy Holiday!

1,149 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
East End, Grand Cayman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I have stayed at this location several times as I come to Miami on business and pleasure quite a bit. I like the hotels' proximity to the beach, shopping, Miami and Ft. Lauderdale. The pool area is great, right on the Intracoastal. The rooms are comfortable and very tastefully decorated. The front desk staff, housekeeping, room service and valets are always friendly and sincere.

The only reason I am giving a Very Good instead of an Excellent is because of my dissatisfaction in how a situation was handled by staff. On my past trip I left an item in the room and promptly called to locate it. The process was time consuming and I ended up having to repeat myself. One associate handled the situation well and I did receive the forgotten item via FedEx the next day, but I wish she would have asked how I would have liked to have it shipped instead of shipping it the most expensive way without asking. The only follow-up I received was a very impersonal and causally-toned email, in response to the original email I sent in an attempt to locate the item, informing me that the item could not be located. Clearly there was a breakdown in communication. I was completely unimpressed with how this situation was handled, though of course happy that the item was recovered.

I would stay at this location again, but would be very careful not to leave anything.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
mistypfllso, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear BrisaRisa,

First off, let us begin by thanking you for being such a loyal guest and for taking the time to share this review with us.
We're so happy to hear the item was recovered and shipped to you right away. We do apologize for the miscommunication with the email and confusion this may have caused.
We certainly look forward to seeing you the next time you're in town for business. Thank you!

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed here in June with my husband who was attending his graduation. The hotel was pretty nice for the price and the views of the intracoastal waterway were quite relaxing. I stayed inside for an entire day since I was conducting research and completing some written assignments. While writing, I felt that I was bitten by mosquitoes and told my husband that they were really itchy and appeared to be growing in size. When I contacted the front desk, they said it must have been noseeums. After a few hours, my skin became very red and swollen. I had three huge red circles on my leg. I went to the front desk and asked for the manager who said that it could not have been bedbugs; however, she sent housekeeping up to my room to check the bed for bedbugs. Two individuals came and checked around the edge of the bed and I told them that I would go out while they inspected the room. On returning, they said that they had checked the room and fumigated it, but no bedbugs were found. The guy from housekeeping asked me where I had been that day and inferred that I may have been bitten somewhere else. I said that I was in the hotel all day and never left the room since checking in the previous day.
On going to bed that night, my husband observed something crawling across the white bed covering and turned the light on...the "non-existent bedbug" was coming back for another meal. We captured the bedbug and contained it in a zip-lock bag. I called the manager who appeared to be disturbed by my call. I explained that the manager, who was on duty earlier, had offered us a specific room down the hall, but because we were checking out in the morning, we refused. I also asked if we could be moved to that room since we now knew that there were bedbugs in the room. He stated that the room was no longer available. I asked if someone took it in the last hour because it was available an hour ago. He was very unpleasant and I asked him to come get the bedbug and just give us a room to sleep in because we had to check out in the morning and needed to rest.
The next day, the manager was extremely apologetic and was very accommodating. What troubles me is that everyone in the hotel lied and told me that they did not have a bedbug problem in over two years. When I returned home and checked the bedbug registry http://bedbugregistry.com/hotel/FL/Hollywood/Crowne-Plaza-Hotel-Hollywood-Beach-Resort
OMG! There were four reports in less than six months. There is also another report for 8/12. These are just the ones who reported it. I never reported mine, but I will now because they are very dishonest. This is a major problem that these unscrupulous individuals are masking. I did not sue, but the next person should because this amounts to gross negligence, dishonesty, and just plain greed. I found out that I am extremely allergic to bedbugs and this is why I became so swollen. Stay away from this place and check bedbug registry before you book any hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear TheSavvyTravvy,

We appreciate you taking the time to share this review and allowing us to address your concerns. Please be advised that our hotel does conduct preventive maintenance measures with cycles of pre-treating, as well as proactively testing periodically, as a standard within our industry. We have reviewed these matters and are again in compliance with preventative measures.
Unfortunately with the internet, there are so many opportunities to post anything, which the website you are referring to clearly says “is the responsibility of the authors” and we have nothing on record to document these claims.

Please note – our Trip Advisor reviews have been great, as we are rated #15 out of #65 hotels.

Please do not hesitate to contact us at Sales@cphollywoodbeach.com, should you need to further assistance.

Oak Brook, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed here over July 4th and had a wonderful time, but be aware that the hotel is not right on the beach. It's within walking distance, but there are large buildings in between so there is no view of the ocean. It's also a little far from downtown Hollywood but the dollar trolley made traveling easy. Here's a tip - don't try to walk from the hotel to the Broadwalk, it's REALLY far. We tried and had to be picked up at what the trolley drivers call the "rescue" stop about halfway. There isn't much around the hotel in the way of dining or shopping - one little beachside cafe that was good for breakfast. The hotel's pool is fantastic but was very warm when we were there. We spent most of our time by the pool and the service was fantastic. The people working the front desk were very nice and gave us a good tip on a great Cuban restaurant down the street. I probably won't come back to the area, but it's not because of the hotel.

Room Tip: Only the corner suites face the ocean - the rest are parallel to it. Get a room up high so you have...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Rachel D,

Thank you for sharing such a great review.
We're happy to hear that you did enjoy your stay with us and had a chance to explore Hollywood. The Hollywood Trolley makes it even more fun!
All of your compliments on our staff services are much appreciated. Hopefully you were able to speak with our concierge while on property. They have tons of recommendations for things to do and great restaurant to try nearby.
Hopefully we’ll get the opportunity to welcome you back to Hollywood and show all that we have to offer. :)
Walt Disney World, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We spent here our 4th July 2012!
The hotel is elegant and pretty .
Rooms are bight-clean and big.We payed for a superior room with view but the room was parking side ...sad
Beach is close,you must walk few steps to reach the ocean.
parking fees are high,wi-fi worked fine.
The shower was fantastic.
The most beautiful point of this hotel is their swimming pool.
If 'll visit Hollywood beach I may stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear norvegiasara,

We appreciate you taking the time to share this great review and so happy to hear that you will be staying with us upon your return to Hollywood, FL!
Just for future reference, when making your reservation, request the view that you would prefer that way we can make it a priority day of your arrival. :)
We're certainly looking forward to seeing you soon. Thank you!

Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Thre hotel was conviently located, very friendly staff, especially the valet. Front desk staff was quite pleasant, but the computer took a moment to catch up with the reservation. My room had cracked tile floors near the bathroom and was adjacent to the elevators. Quite noisy once the wedding downstairs wound down later that night. The bed was OK, although I barely slept.
I was pleased to discover a lovely bistro inside the hotel for dinner. I went in and had what I considered a lovely meal, and left a very nice tip. What I did not know was that my "lovely meal" would turn out to be a nightmare 4 hours later. I went to bed early as I had a very early start to my day coming up, but the meal that I ate at 7pm came back to haunt me violently just before 11pm. I was up, horrible stomach ache, headache and then up it came. All of it! I was up at 11pm, 12:30am and 2:15am just being as sick as I have ever been. FOOD POISONING! I brushed my teeth after each time to try and get the taste out of my mouth. My alarm was set for 5am so by the time I was able to rest comfortably it was after 3:00 in the morning and anyone who has ever tried to sleep for less than 2 hours knows what kind of quality sleep that brings.
The experience left me with a bad taste in my mouth for an otherwise decent hotel. I definately left a comment card upon my exit, and mentioned the experience to the staff, but upon checking my credit card today after returning from my long journey, I discovered that they did in fact process my dining bill for the full amount! Not what I would expect from an "upscale" bistro after making one sick. Very Disappointed! This definately will have an impact on my next visit to the area.

Room Tip: Ask not to be near the elevator!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
mistypfllso, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Kimberly T,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review with us.
We greatly appreciate the feedback and sorry to hear that you were ill during your stay with us. We do take issues like these very seriously and ask that you email us to further discuss at Sales@cphollywoodbeach.com.
Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you.

Tacoma, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Great place right across the street from the Beach and right on a great section of the Intracoastal waterway. The pool area is wonderful with the whole property very private considering it's location. Positive staff and very nice rooms.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
mistypfllso, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Cavenphoto,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share such a great review of your stay with us. We're definitely looking forward to welcoming you back to Hollywood!

Tana F.

Been to Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach? Share your experiences!