“Good stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
Walt Disney World, Florida
“Good stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We spent here our 4th July 2012!
The hotel is elegant and pretty .
Rooms are bight-clean and big.We payed for a superior room with view but the room was parking side ...sad
Beach is close,you must walk few steps to reach the ocean.
parking fees are high,wi-fi worked fine.
The shower was fantastic.
The most beautiful point of this hotel is their swimming pool.
If 'll visit Hollywood beach I may stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
mistypfllso, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear norvegiasara,

We appreciate you taking the time to share this great review and so happy to hear that you will be staying with us upon your return to Hollywood, FL!
Just for future reference, when making your reservation, request the view that you would prefer that way we can make it a priority day of your arrival. :)
We're certainly looking forward to seeing you soon. Thank you!

Tana F.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Thre hotel was conviently located, very friendly staff, especially the valet. Front desk staff was quite pleasant, but the computer took a moment to catch up with the reservation. My room had cracked tile floors near the bathroom and was adjacent to the elevators. Quite noisy once the wedding downstairs wound down later that night. The bed was OK, although I barely slept.
I was pleased to discover a lovely bistro inside the hotel for dinner. I went in and had what I considered a lovely meal, and left a very nice tip. What I did not know was that my "lovely meal" would turn out to be a nightmare 4 hours later. I went to bed early as I had a very early start to my day coming up, but the meal that I ate at 7pm came back to haunt me violently just before 11pm. I was up, horrible stomach ache, headache and then up it came. All of it! I was up at 11pm, 12:30am and 2:15am just being as sick as I have ever been. FOOD POISONING! I brushed my teeth after each time to try and get the taste out of my mouth. My alarm was set for 5am so by the time I was able to rest comfortably it was after 3:00 in the morning and anyone who has ever tried to sleep for less than 2 hours knows what kind of quality sleep that brings.
The experience left me with a bad taste in my mouth for an otherwise decent hotel. I definately left a comment card upon my exit, and mentioned the experience to the staff, but upon checking my credit card today after returning from my long journey, I discovered that they did in fact process my dining bill for the full amount! Not what I would expect from an "upscale" bistro after making one sick. Very Disappointed! This definately will have an impact on my next visit to the area.

Room Tip: Ask not to be near the elevator!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
mistypfllso, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Kimberly T,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review with us.
We greatly appreciate the feedback and sorry to hear that you were ill during your stay with us. We do take issues like these very seriously and ask that you email us to further discuss at Sales@cphollywoodbeach.com.
Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you.

Tacoma, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Great place right across the street from the Beach and right on a great section of the Intracoastal waterway. The pool area is wonderful with the whole property very private considering it's location. Positive staff and very nice rooms.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
mistypfllso, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Cavenphoto,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share such a great review of your stay with us. We're definitely looking forward to welcoming you back to Hollywood!

East Brunswick, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were welcome by a friendly staff that treated us very promptly and fast. Every time we pass by the host he will always ask if we needed anything, always willing to be of service. We have a very nice stay in this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear tata0927,

Thank you for taking the time to share such lovely comments about our staff and the service they provided to you. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We met some friends coming in from Boston and we all stayed at the Crowne Plaza. We met for drinks out by the pool at the Tiki Bar and the atmosphere was awsome. The scenery was just beautiful, especially for people coming in from Boston.

Our room was clean, spacious and updated. We had a mini bar, frig and microwave. It was great.

My only comments is that our shower could have used a little bleach and scrubbing. It was'nt awful, but noticable enough for me comment on it.

I would stay at this hotel again and would recommend it as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Kim L,

Thank you for taking the time to share this wonderful review with us. We're so happy that you and your friends from Boston really enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your feedback on the shower and letting us know where there is room for improvement.
Again, thank you for comments and we look forward to welcoming you all back to Hollywood soon!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is an older property that is kept in pretty good shape. We went as a package from Allegiant airlines. We got a very attractive price so it was fine. The property doesnt sit on the beach, it is across the road on the intercoastal. But this isnt really a hugh deal. It would be nice if the hotel did a little more to help get you across a busy road. The rooms are nice and clean. Views are nothing special but fine. The only odd thing about the hotel is that there is no way to the pool inside the hotel. You have to walk outside in the parking lot and down the side of the building...lol very weird. If you get this property for the right price, you will enjoy your trip. Especially if airline is also cheap. Dont waste your vacation here if air is high.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Dallascain,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review with us.
We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed your vacation and appreciate all of your feedback. The only concern we have is regarding the entry to the pool area. Our guests can access the pool from the main lobby as it is located just behind our restaurant. We're not sure where the miscommunication took place but we certainly apologize for the confusion.
However, we look forward to welcoming you back to Hollywood soon.
Thank you again!

Bloomington, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed at this hotel when I traveled for business recently. I stayed for 5 days. I didn't have a lot of time for leisure, but the hotel served it purpose. It was nice to come back to a nice, clean room after a long day of business. The balcony was a nice plus. I had a view of both the Atlantic ocean and the intercoastal waterway. There are plently of restaurants/sportsbars nearby and both a 7-11 for gas and snacks, and a Wal-Mart were both very close. The only negatives I can say about this hotel are that if you choose to park your own car, getting in and out can be tricky as you share the same driveway as the cars that are being valet parked. There is only one entrance from the parking lot which is a negative as you have to walk through the driveway. There should be a side key entrance from the self parking lot. Also, the hotel does have internet service, but it is not wi-fi friendly. I don't want to sit at a desk all of the time on my laptop and because there was no wi-fi in the rooms and only in the lobby area I wasn't as comfortable in my room as I could have been. Aside from those things the fridge, microwave, and sink in the room was very nice. The staff was also very friendly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Brian B,

Thank you for sharing this great review with us. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our location convenient. We do offer complimentary Wi-Fi in the lobby as well as the guest rooms. You'll simply need to get the password upon check in. That's a tip for your future stay with us. ;)
Thank you again for your feedback and look forward to seeing you soon!

Tana F.

Been to Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach? Share your experiences!