“I must say GOOD (not very good or average)...” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #20 of 66 hotels in Hollywood
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
“I must say GOOD (not very good or average)...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I may say that when I arrived I was concerned. It looked it the outside way too old and ugly. and the reception is not WOW. but once you are in the rooms, they are OK. I may say my room was great size.

food on room service is very good and a lot (you may ask 1 for 2 people!!)

housekeeper never answer my calls and I also leave a mesage as they asked, but never got a reply.
compared to other Crowne plaza i have been to, this one is way behind....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
mistypfllso, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear IliaRed,

Thank you very much for your review.
We apologize for the inconvenience with housekeeping with rest assured we will improve in that area. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and look forward to welcoming you back to Hollywood soon!

1,135 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights a little over a week ago. Check in was friendly and quick. We were given a room on the 8th floor. Ice machine on the 8th floor was broken the entire time. Room was very large and had a small kitchen area with sink, coffee maker and fridge. The ceiling of the shower area had a significant leak from the floor above. Did not notice this until the morning after we checked in or we would have asked for the room to be changed. Bed was comfortable. Room was clean but there was a chaise in the room that was stained. Also a chaise off the elevator in the hall that also had stains. Floors in room were clean and vaccuumed but those in hall needed vaccuuming. Pool area is beautiful. Tried to go to the outside Tiki bar on Friday night where there was advertised entertainment. When we got there we were told there was a "private party" and we could not stay in the immediate area there but they would let us buy drinks at full price and take them far from the entertainment and private party - no thanks!. Similarly on Saturday night there was a wedding outside by the pool but this was off to the side. There is no restaurant other than the one in the hotel within walking distance. We drove for a couple of miles to get to the Broadwalk area to eat dinner and walk by the ocean. Also, our reservation included the breakfast buffet. On our first day, the waiter took our coupons for breakfast and then provided us with a receipt that stated gratuity was not included, so we left a tip. When we looked at the breakfast coupons for the next day, they clearly stated that gratuity was included. Not sure what happened here but apparently someone figured out how to get tipped twice. Lastly, there is the parking situation. The outside lobby area is very busy with arriving cars and taxis. We opted for self parking (16.00 per day) rather than valet (19.00 per day), as our care rental agreement stipulated that no one other than my husband or myself could drive the car. There is a small outside lot for self parking that fills up quickly and then you have to park in a sort of covered, half below ground concrete bunker kind of area. It is dark, littered with trash and construction material and resembles a vacant, neglected lot in an inner city. This hotel proudly shows off the pool area in pictures, but if they showed pictures of the parking area you would run away. I guess it's their way of getting you to spring for the valet parking. Overall, because the location is really not near anything, next time I would stay at one of the chain hotels out by the airport as it would be a lot less expensive and the location of this hotel means you have to drive everywhere anyway.
A little more attention to housekeeping and monitoring of staff is in order.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear travelerabroad2011,

Thank you for taking the time to share this great review with us.
It's unfortunate to hear of the issues encountered during your stay with us however, thank you for bringing them to our attention. We will certainly take necessary action to improve in those areas. Please be sure that this is not a norm with our hotel.
Again, we truly appreciate your time and hope to for another opportunity to show you who we really are. :)

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed here for work as it was easy for colleagues to pick me up and drop me off. However, once you're here, there is nothing within walking distance. If you don't have lifts, you will need a car.

The rooms were spacious and clean and most rooms have a good view of the Intracoastal. From my room on the eight floor, I also had a partial view of the ocean.

The overall feel though is of a hotel which is slightly dated. The ice machine on my floor was out of order when I checked in, and was still out of order 8 days later! Obviously no attempt had been made to fix it, because really, how long does it take to get a technician out?

The restaurant and room service menus are identical, so if you are travelling for business, there really isn't an impetus to go down to the restaurant. The menu is also limited, with no specials, and if you are there for more than a few days, becomes repetitive.

The buffet breakfast is also average, with the pastries looking and tasting tired.

Customer service though is very good and the best thing about the hotel. One annoying thing though was the housekeeping could never decide what towels to leave and what to replace - a couple of days they took the floor mat and didn't replace it, which meant I used a hand towel, which they then replaced, but again failed to leave a floor mat.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the rear of the hotel - quieter and a lovely view if the Intracoastal.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Anasatasia,

Thank you for taking the time to share this great review with us.
We found it very informative, letting us know where there is room for improvement on our end. Your compliments on our staff services are much appreciated and it's great to hear how much you enjoyed you’re the hotel overall.
We're certainly looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon!

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

This property was updated around 2010 and is still in great shape. The rooms are all very comfortable and have all the amenities. This was my second stay. I took my wife here for a long weekend this time-round. The pool area is fabulous. If you want to sit in sun or shade you can find either. Lots of palms around the pool provide shade. Tiki bar with tap beer is at hand, and wait staff at the pool is great. The staff at the front desk is also great. The valets and bellmen are great. The concierge service is great. The women that clean the rooms are great. So what's not to like? I'll tell you what's not to like. Elements The Bistro is not to like. The first day there we had the breakfast buffet. Eighteen dollars for concrete eggs and bargain basement sausage links. After we finished eating several containers of yogurt, which seemed like the only thing which wasn't ruined, our waiter said. "If you want special eggs or bacon let me know and I'll ask the chef." I said to him; "That would have been nice to know fifteen minutes ago, why didn't you tell us then before we loaded up on yogurt and melon?"
Well, on day three we were at the pool and decided to order a burger and fries. BIG MISTAKE. We checked out late and went shopping, which was interrupted by severe gas, heartburn and wrenching abdominal agony. I haven't gotten that sick on hotel food since I was in Taiwan twenty five years ago. I literally thought I was going to forego my flight and go to the hospital instead. It's about 36 hours later and I'm still spitting acid and burping. I've eaten about fifty tums and taken a half dozen Zantac and I'm still reeling. I am not kidding, I haven't felt that bad in years. The health inspector needs to shut that kitchen down ASAP. It is a hazard to human life.
So, in summary, go for pool, the rooms, the location, the beach, the shopping, and the service, BUT STAY AWAY FROM THEIR RESTAURANT !!!!!!!

Room Tip: Southern facing rooms get all the sun, I prefer the North side because it's cooler to sit outsid...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Poeboy,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this review with us. Let us begin by saying we truly appreciate all the positive feedback on our staff services and the hotel itself.
We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences at Elements Bistro and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We've never received such feedback on our restaurant and certainly no illnesses reported but we'll certainly escalate this to our executive team for further investigation.
Thanks you again,

Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is such a fantastic hotel, across the road from Hollywood beach and along side the canals of Miami to Fort Lauderdale. Hotel check in speedy efficient room 6th floor had views of the beach and the waterways with the opening bridge. the room was in excellent condition and very fine fittings incredibly clean.
Hotel pool area is adjacent to the canal waterways so pleasant to sit relax and watch the many many boats float pass. Saturdays gets very busy by the pool area.
I did not dine at the restaurant as was visiting friends in the area but it looked inviting.
The hotel is a 10 minute walk to the local Walmart Centre to get all your supplies of food drinks munchies.
I relied on taxi service and never has to wait more than 5 minutes - Aventura Mall 10 minutes away, Fort Lauderdale airport about 20 minutes.
The location of this hotel is perfect, the staff very friendly and informative.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher floor to avoid street noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear Illenard,

Thank you so much for such a lovely review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and had a chance to explore our neighborhood. We hope to see you the next time you are in the South Florida.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is an amazing hotel! It it ver well located at north Miami! Great pool! And the rooms were great! Clean and with a lot of space! I will come back a thousand times! I went with my husband and another couple and ask for separate rooms! Which were both great! Excellent location near sawgrass mills mall, aventura mall and the ft lauderdale - Hollywood airport! And the rooms have partial ocean view!! Super recommended

• Stayed October 2012
mistypfllso, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Mariangie,

Thank You So Much for your super recommendation. :)
We really appreciate you taking the time to share this amazing review of your stay with us. It's always a pleasure to receive detailed feedback like yours and share it with our employees who strive to exceed all of our guest’s expectations.
We're certainly looking forward to welcoming back to Hollywood "a thousand times".
See you soon!

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

The room was very spacious with 2 queen beds. There is a large vanity in the bedroom area with only a sheer curtain seperating it from the beds, which may not suit everyone. The bathroom had a large, two person shower and no bath ( which we prefer to a shower over a bath)

The decor is up to date and fresh. We slept well as the beds were comfortable and the room was quiet.

One negative - the service at the Tiki Bar that evening was very poor. We were trying to get a meal at around 7pm - there were people eating by the pool so we waited at the Tiki bar for 5 to 10 minutes but there was nobody behind the bar and the only staff member in the area was having a long conversation with a couple of guests and either didn't notice us or wasn't interested. If it wasnt for this experience we'd have given the hotel a "very good" rating.

Eventually we gave up and went inside to the main restaurant. Here we were seated and served promptly. My pasta dish was delicious.

Our room was on the south side of the building on about the 10th floor - we had a view both to the Intracoastal waterway and out to the Ocean.

The pool area is very attractive and well maintained.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
mistypfllso, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Andona,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us in such great detail.
We apologize for the service at the Tiki Bar that evening. Please be sure that that type of service is not a norm for our hotel and we will certainly follow up our Food and Beverage management to ensure this does not happen again!
However, it is nice to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and hopefully you will choose to stay with us the next time you are in town from Sydney.

Tana F.

Been to Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach? Share your experiences!