“Absolutely wonderful hotel...our favorite spot in Hollywood area” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #20 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
Greensboro
“Absolutely wonderful hotel...our favorite spot in Hollywood area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

Very nice modern room and was very clean. Great location where you can walk to a lot of things including the beach across the street. We loved the pool and being able to see the bridge rise up to allow the yachts to come thru the waterway while we were sitting out by the pool. Great sceanery! Breakfast was pricey and was not the best, but the service was outstanding and the lunch food was great.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
mistypfllso, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, October 7, 2011
Dear Evelyn H,

We greatly appreciate your review. It sounds like you and the family hung out by the pool most of the time. I agree, the scenery is gorgeous and those yachts are just the icing on the cake.
Please feel free to share your experience with our friends in Greensboro.
We hope to see you soon!

Tana F.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Manchester, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

Overall, my wife and I loved the Crowne Plaza in Hollywood FL except for one large issue (more on that later). It was conveniently located on the bus and trolley line that services the Hollywood board walk. Additionally, the beach was directly across the street which was a very easy walk. The hotel staff were polite and helpful. The rooms were large and well appointed with a fridge, microwave and balcony. The pool bar staff were very nice and made great drinks. The pool area was large, clean and had plenty of lounge chairs. We would definitely consider staying there again. We stayed here on two separate occasion in the same week. One LARGE negative on our return trip was our room was very close to the ice maker and we heard it all night long until about 4 AM. With that being said, if you can avoid rooms that aren't near the ice makers I would stay here again. Please note the following, the trolley only runs Weds-Sun and its a long walk to the Hollywood board walk. The water taxi does not go to Miami beach in the summer either. Just a couple things to be aware off. And if you like (or want to try) cuban food head to Padrinas across the bridge from the hotel. Its walking distance, cheap, big portions and the food is great!! If your looking for a cool hangout and great food on the boardwalk head to Nick's. There is also a great Sushi place a quarter mile past Padrinas. The sushi was very fresh and the prices were very reasonable.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear NSummer,

Thank you for your very detailed review.
I'm happy to hear you loved the hotel as well as the area. It's unfortunate that you were placed in a room near the ice machine. You can always request to be away from that area when making your reservation. We try to grant every request depending on occupancy.
However, we look forward to you staying with us again. With the winter so close, I'm sure you'll need a vacation soon enough from the Manchester weather!

Harrisville, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

I had never been to Hollywood Florida and decided to stay here pre-cruise. Landed in Ft. Lauderdale and was cruising out of Miami. Decided on Crown Plaza based on the great reviews on Tripadvisor and the great rates. First off, THE POOL, absolutely one of the best pools, so nice that we opted to stay at the pool instead of venturing to the beach (I am a beach person usually) plenty of lounges, Tike Bar with great drinks and wonderful staff. Also had an outside menu that was rreally convenient. The pool is quite expansive and overlooks the causeway I met many nice people during my day of lounging at the pool. The room is quite nice, there is a kitchenette along with a balcony which was very nice to have. The room was very clean and the beddings were top notch not paper thin. Very comfortable bed which made for a great sleep. The only con would be that the bathroom sink is separated into the room which does not give much privacy when primping. I would highly recommend this hotel and would eagerly go back in the future.
If you are cruising out of Miami I would highly recommend SAS transportation. They shuttle from Ft. Lauderdale and Hollywood FL. They will also do pick up at port and return to Ft. Lauderdale If memory serves me it was $15 round trip per person.

Room Tip: I asked for a room that had a view of the ocean, if available they will provide for you.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
mistypfllso, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, October 6, 2011
Dear Belinda C,

Thank you for this great feedback. It's nice to hear that although you are a beach person, you preferred to stay at our pool and enjoy our service.
It's quite funny that you mention the sinks being outside of the bathroom, which is usually a feature that many enjoy but I can see how it limits the privacy when primping.
We'll certainly keep all the feedback in mind. Please do not hesitate to share this experience with your Rhode Island neighbors.
We'll see you soon!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

This is my 3rd stay and as always very welcoming with friendly staff (Chris) always takes care of me as a repeat guest thank you for a great room with lovely view and see you guys again...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Dear epianoe,

We appreciate your loyalty to us. It's such a pleasure to receive such wonderful feedback from one of our repeat guests. We will certainly mention the review to Chris and express our gratitude for the service provided.
We'll see you soon!

florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza for a night before our cruise.I walked into the room and the first thing I saw was the wonderful balcony.What a nice view.Chairs and a table were on the balcony.The room was beautiful and impressive.Room was huge.Bed was King and beautifully made up with all sorts of pillows with browns and beige.
There was a vessel sink and the shower had a rain shower---loved it.
Fridge in room.
It was a very romantic stay.Lovely.Spotless.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear ns1986a,

Thank you for great feedback. It's nice to hear that you loved the room and we were able to provide a romantic setting. Hopefully you all enjoyed the cruise as well.
We look forward to seeing you soon!

Greenville, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel 4 times, the first with my husband in November of 2010, three times this year with my cousin who lives in Florida. I have loved it more each time I have been there. She - my cousin- works in the area but lives a couple of hours inland so I go visit her and she gets to stay at this great place and still go to work. She normally stays with friends when she is in the Ft. Lauderdale area, so this is a real treat for her and a good excuse for me to leave SC and go to South Florida and spend time with her. What we always say about this hotel is "they take sleeping seriously" because when you arrive there is a little mesh bag with eye mask, ear plugs and linen pillow spray with a note saying "We take sleeping seriously at the Crowne Plaza". There are even clips on the curtains that make sure no light can come in and wake you. It is like heaven on earth there. The infinity pool is beautiful, the service is great, and when we checked in a couple of weeks ago, the guy in charge of the valet service said "welcome home ladies!" Now that goes a long way to make you feel welcome! It is across the street from the beach, but we usually drive down to the Broadwalk - yes I spelled that right - it's not a boardwalk like we have here in SC where they invented the Shag, but it is a promenade with lots of restaurants and bars. Not nearly as busy as South Beach or even our Myrtle Beach. But the hotel is on the intercoastal waterway and just a beautiful place in every way. If there is anything I can possibly say negative is my cousin brought her own pillow, which I teased her about endlessly - the beds have about 10 pillows on them, but have to keep in mind that she normally stays with friends and sleeps on their couch while working in the area, so I shouldn't have made fun of her. She left the pillow and we both have contacted them about her leaving the pillow in the room and haven't had any luck coming up with it. I'm pretty sure if we took one of their pillows we would be paying for it! But that is the only thing I can say negative about the whole place. I guess other than that, I would not recommend drinking at the pool or the bar unless you are prepared to pay $10 or more for a simple mixed drink. I also didn't find out until our last night that they have a designated area at the beach across the street with umbrellas and chairs, but they - surely- are going to be expensive to rent. The mornings my cousin had to get up and go to work and I got to enjoy the SERIOUS SLEEP, she said it killed her to get up and leave. Then when she got back from work, she was perfectly content to enjoy our luxurious room and do nothing. I think next time I go we will take a "water taxi" ride since it is right on the waterway, but it is so easy to just do NOTHING and be happy doing nothing that I am not sure we will do anything different. Her daughter lives about an hour from there and we babysat her granddaughter who was 10 months at the time. The room was comfortable and clean and safe for us to have her there. Housekeeping came in and cleaned while we had her and I was surprised to see them clean the windows, the sink and surfaces and shower and commode and mop theirselves out the door. I really didn't think they did that every day, I thought it was only between guests. There are several great restaurants on the beach and downtown, and in the traffic circle. I just wrote a review on Argentango, it is a place I have been to each time I've been there and am NEVER disappointed with. I am not the most picky person in the world, so I could be totally misleading you about this hotel. My husband just got back today from a Crowne Plaza in Houston, TX and wasn't that excited about it, but I have found them to be very comfortable and accomodating every time I have stayed in one. A step up from a regular Holiday Inn in every way. If I have any advice it would be to ask for a room on a higher floor and preferably one on on the waterway. Hope you go and enjoy your stay as much as I did!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
mistypfllso, Social Media Community Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, September 29, 2011
Dear Dane18,

Wow! Your review is exactly why we love doing what we do! Going above your expectations and making you feel at home. We are so appreciative for such detailed and positive feedback.
It seems like you and your family know the area pretty well with the mention of the Broadwalk (everyone's always confused about the spelling) and the local restaurants. The beach services are actually pretty reasonable compared to our local competition so you all should definitely take a day to relax on the beach on your next visit.
You even provided us with your incidents from the misplaced pillow to the drink prices. All have been noted and the comments will be relayed to our Executive Team.
We can't stress enough how grateful we are to have such loyal guests as part of the family. We'll see you soon!

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

I stayed at the Hotel for 8 nights. Good prices, espacious rooms, excellent pool , staff and one step to the Hallandale Beach..

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
mistypfllso, Social Media Community Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Dear Fetravel,

It's so wonderful that you took the time to share such a nice experience with us. I'm happy you enjoyed the location as well as the service we provided you.
Please feel free to spread the good word to your neighbors in Rio De Janiero.
We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Tana F.

Been to Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach? Share your experiences!