“would love to stay there again, there 5/30/2011 -- 6/03/2011” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #20 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
“would love to stay there again, there 5/30/2011 -- 6/03/2011”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

A warm welcome at check in time, offered upgrade as well, beautiful balcony, very clean room and such,. The pool area is great along with the tiki bar. Recommend this hotel for anyone and hope it is enjoyed as well. Besides these pluses listed, everything is walkable.the beach only minutes away, and over the bridge, is a short distance walk to the strip mall area; only one thing,, a shuttle should be offered to go to and return from the stadium,, from the hotel at a reasonable price. concierge in lobby very helpful. It really is a very nice hotel.

Room Tip: request at time of reservation your preferences
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
mistypfllso, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, June 10, 2011
Dear bicuslionel,

...and we would love to have you stay here again as well! Thanks for your great comments about the hotel and we hope that you will choose stay with us on your next visit to South Florida from Wisconsin (especially when winter sets in!).

Misty P.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

Over priced for the location, amenities and quality of service.

Room Tip: What you request is not honored at checkin
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Dear taylorlon,

I'm sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your recent stay with us and would like the opportunity to discuss the specifics with you; please contact me directly via the general hotel number.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

Misty Polihronakis
Director of Sales & Marketing
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

Stayed here with my wife and my toddler in May 2011. It's a pretty straightforward business-quality hotel. Generally clean and comfortable. The differentiator was the kiddie pool.

The pool here is great, right on the intracoastal. If you travel with young kids and crave a spot for them to splash around in 1' of water, this pool will scratch that itch perfectly. There is a safe, shady, shallow corner that works as a kids pool. My wife and I could sit and enjoy the ambiance while our little girl ran in and out of the water. It was really nice.

The hotel tried to check us in when we arrived early (2pm) and only had a 3rd floor room overlooking the parking lot. We asked to be moved and they accommodated us fairly well, moving us to the other (north) side and to a higher room a little later in the afternoon. The room was fine. The bed seems to be controversial on TripAdvisor, but I liked it since it was squishy. The room had awesome blackout shades. The room had been recently renovated to move the sink into the main room, resulting in a large amount of dead space in the middle of the room.

The hotel may call itself Hollywood Beach, but it's effectively in Hallandale (under the Hallandale Beach water tower in fact), and you will have to drive a few miles up the beach to the Hollywood "broadwalk." It is on the intracoastal side of Ocean Drive, so don't expect beach access. It is convenient to a Wal-Mart and a Winn Dixie with Redbox, which was nice (although you need to bring your own DVD player).

Overall solid, unremarkable except for the kiddie pool.

$15/day for parking was exorbitant. Overall value here was good at Hotwire prices, average at regular internet rates.

Dear Zudnic,

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the pool area, which is definitely one of the highlights of our hotel- and yes, it's a great area for the kids with the beach like entrance on the one side! We certainly hope to see you on your next visit from Boston, especially when the snow starts flying again.

Thanks for the comments!

Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

Very good hotel! The location is great, very close to the beach (just over the street), nice view (ocean on the right, Intercoastal way and pool on the left).
We booked a room with a king bed but I don’t know why we had a double bed room. We wanted to change the room first but we changed our mind (a bed from the 2 was enough for 2 persons like us and we loved the location and the view we had at first).
The pool was great for the afternoons, great cocktails and food served at the bar near the pool. The towels are free for the beach or pool but you have to return them in the same day to avoid a charge fee.
Overall, we enjoyed our staying for a week at this hotel (clean, good location, modern amenities, small kitchenette in the room)

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear limar999,

Thanks for visiting our hotel in Hollywood and for the nice comments as well- it's nice to hear from another satisfied guest from Montreal!
On your next visit, we certainly hope that you choose to stay with us again and bring your friends too!

Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

The Hotels was nice, and the pool area was very nice this was my favorite part. Since I was staying with my 3 year old I loved the fact that the room had a small refrigerator and a microwave. However the beds were extremely unconfortable, and they don't put enought towels in the room, I had to ask for towels three times during the two days I stayed. The parking is a rip off. $15.00 a day for each registered car and if you have visitors according to them is $5.00 but in my case they charged me $15.00 for each guest, they argued that the guest stayed all day, but they should of told me that when I registered not when they gave me a $95.00 bill for parking. I won't recomended to a friend because of the beds, you get to rest and going in vacation is about relaxing. It's a shame because I really loved the pool area which is great when you travel with young children. :(

Dear lovelycasper126,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay; I'm glad that you enjoyed the pool but, of course, am disappointed to hear that your overall stay was unsatisfactory due to the beds. Our beds and bedding reflect the Crowne Plaza Sleep Advantage Program with upgraded bedding and sleep amenities- these usually are very much complimented on features of our guest rooms so I'm sorry that you did not find them comfortable. I'd love for you to give our hotel another try so please contact me directly to discuss.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you,

Florence, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

My daughter (age 11) and truly enjoyed our stay last weekend. The pool was great...love that the water was so warm you could just walk in, I thought the towels were fine for poolside, they did the job for us, the staff was courteous and even printed out and helped with driving directions. It would be nice if parking was free or cheaper, it seems to be the norm to have to pay for parking at all the major hotels in the area. I thought the bed was as comfy as the Westin's heavenly bed...and I would readily recommend this hotel to others!.

Dear flycanuck,

What a great getaway for you and your daughter and I'm glad we could provide the setting for the wonderful memories. The next time you travel to South Florida from Kentucky, we certainly hope that you will choose to stay with us again.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

We stayed for two nights prior to a cruise and were very impressed with the hotel and service. We asked for a north facing room which we received (great view from balcony over pool and river). We used priority points for the first night and paid for the second night. We were each given 2 complimentary cocktail vouchers and a starbucks voucher which was a nice touch.
The bedroom was spacious and immaculate. The only minor complaint was the noise from the ice machine outside our room which seemed to regularly vibrate.
On the whole it was a pleasant and relaxing stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear palmal311,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us before your cruise and I am pleased that you were able to enjoy a relaxing visit with us. Please tell all of your friends back in Liverpool about us- we love our guests from the UK.

Ta!

Misty P.

Been to Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach? Share your experiences!