“very comftable” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 66 Hotels in Hollywood
Hallandale Beach, Florida
“very comftable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The owner are very friendly. I found it very clean, is very comftable especially is right there on the beach. I recommend it to any body. I went with family and they had a great time, we did barbecue we had a blass .

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

WE STAYED FOR THE HOLIDAY WEEKEND AND IT WAS FABULOUS! We cooked out ON the beach... Well as close as you can get with out living on the sand! They treated us like actual humans instead of just some ppl taking our money! The price was right, the people were great, location (like I said) was fabulous, the room was clean and had a "home like" feel to it! If you EVER go to Hollywood beach...stay at St. Maurice!

• Stayed July 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

I will never stay in this motel ever again in my life! When I called to reserve I explained how many people we had in our party and they said that they would accommodate us with two rooms that connect which I thought was great! When we come to check in come to find that their was not enough sleeping space for our party!! When I brought it up to managements attention they mentioned that we have to accommodate ourselves because all the rooms were taken and that's all they had!! Thankfully one of the rooms had two twin beds that we were able to put together and fix the sleeping situation but we had to do all the rearranging of the rooms! They don't allow any visitors so if you're planning to stay and have fam or friends over this is not the place! (But than again you'll see management having their own visitors!!) The rooms were not clean at all what so ever, the shower was full with sand as well as the beds! The managers Bruce and his wife are not helpful at all and have a majorly disgusting attitude!! They do have a really nice courtyard but half of the building lights don't work, they have a BBQ on property which is nice but they really don't keep up with the gas tanks so if they're used up you have to go to them and they'll replace it, the towels they don't keep up with those either you have to go to the office everytime you need new towels and exchange them! They don't clean the rooms while you stay in which I don't think they clean the rooms at all because their was sand everywhere when we checked in!! You have to provide your own toilet paper and the A/C's are not so great!! All and all I will never rent here again!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I cannot give a three as that would be above average. However, I have no complaints with this property. We had a red eye flight and then took the bus from the airport to the hotel arriving at about 9 am. We had no car and were told that check in time was 1 PM. Well exhaustedly we just sat on the benches outside. By 10 am they had hustled to get our room done and we checked in. Every other thing about the room was fine. Proximity to the beach of course is incredible. We had a small problem with the toilet leaking which was fixed in two minutes. Nice owners and a clean room absolutely no issues. If you have a problem tell them and they will fix it.

Room Tip: Does not really matter. Our efficiency was fine. Micro and mini fridge. All are in an area with a ni...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bear Creek, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Had stayed for 5 nights. I booked a standard room, Upon checking in the manager informed me that he had upgraded me to a suite with No additional charge. Bathroom a little small but met my needs. It costed $ 10.00 to park for my stay and usally had a parking spot roughly 20'
from my room. Saturday & Sunday don't move your car unless you like hunting for a parking spot, beach/street parking area's don't last long. Best to get there around 10:30 a.m.
As for the location, it's around a 1/3 of a block to the beach. St.Maurice meet my expectations,just remember you pay for what you get.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Ive stayed here a couple of times...and I love this place...its not fancy not too expensive, its just what you need for a getaway. The rooms are clean, they have chairs and tables and bbq for you to use and it is steps from the beach. I will deff. keep coming back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed here as a last minute idea. Saw the location was 50 feet to the beach and gave it a shot.

It was not nice, not clean and not where friendly people stay to vacation.

You could tell that the property manager is trying , but , this place needs a complete makeover.

If you stay, best of luck, but don't say that you weren't warned.

Room Tip: There is a hotel right in front of this one, on the beach. Ask for a renovated room and you will be...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to St Maurice Inn? Share your experiences!