“Yum, Yum, Yum” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Hollywood Prime - Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 479 Restaurants in Hollywood
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hallandale Beach Blvd
“Yum, Yum, Yum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I will preface this review by saying I wasn't paying. If I was, I'd probably have hit the stonecrab restaurants down the street. Nevertheless, I had a wonderful dinner. I'd highly recommend the caprese salad (mozzarella melts in your mouth). I had a surf 'n' turf dinner with lobster tail and steak. Steak was really good, not overcooked. Lobster was less excellent (slightly overcooked, heading toward rubbery) but still tasted delicious. Wine menu was also top-notch, loved both the pinot noir and the cabernet choices that were ordered with dinner. Service was efficient and gracious, without being overbearing. Again, not sure if I'd want to pay these prices, but since it was someone else's treat, I enjoyed.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Avon, Ohio
“Prime time dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

The service was top notch. The chilled seafood was very fresh and the dry aged steaks were excellent. The pricing is aggressive, but overall well worth it!

Visited June 2014
Miami, Florida
“What happened?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I drove far because you used to be great! I ordered the lamb...$74!!!! It was unevenly cooked. You get 4 double chops. Unfortunately, some were medium rare and some medium well. How does that happen? Also, perhaps the waiter should have described the lamb and mentioned the "market price". I just read a review someone wrote last week and they said lamb was was $60ish. How did it change from one week to the next?

We also ordered the asparagus. You get 4 stalks! Really?!

I could barely eat the onion soup because it was over salted.

The food was average however I felt rushed. They took away the gazpacho before I could finish it. We had a 730 pm reservation and they brought the cheque before I even finished my glass of wine. What if I wanted another glass?

Two of us spent $200.00 on dinner... Please don't rush me!!

Did you change chefs or management because this place is not like it used to be!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Closter, New Jersey
“Good food - standard steakhouse”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Overpriced for what you get, but the food is very good. Like a Ruth Cris or Morton's - The lamb chops were amazing

Visited May 2014
Barrie, Canada
“A wonderful culinary experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

What a all round wonderful experience was had by six of us last evening at Hollywood Prime. Frank, our server was not only knowledgable about the food and restaurant but very entertaining as well. I started my meal off with the foie gras and had the lamb for my main course, Frank assuring me that it was not good but, exceptional and he was spot on, probably the best lamb I have ever sampled! Finished off my meal with the creme brûlée, the portions were huge, delicious and prepared to everyone's specifications. Well done Hollywood Prime, we will be back!

Visited June 2014