“Tasty ribeye” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Hollywood Prime - Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 479 Restaurants in Hollywood
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hallandale Beach Blvd
Chicago, Illinois
“Tasty ribeye”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Their ribeye, medium rare, is on par with Ruth's Chris or Morton's, or any non-chain steak place I've been to, including Chicago or NYC. I'm very particular with steaks and am wary of restaurants in large chain hotels. However, the ribeye was perfectly cooked (warm red inside) and juicy, appropriately flavored only with salt and pepper.

The beef carpaccio is as good as it gets in the U.S.

Service at the bar was top notch (attentive but not obtrusive).

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Albertson, New York
“Dinner for 2”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Florida steakhouse with NYC prices. Food was very good but overpriced. Service and ambiance were great. Steaks were cooked as ordered and sides were perfect.

Visited June 2013
New York
“Lovely meal, staff and overall experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

My best friend and I were in Florida to celebrate her birthday, which happens to be on July 4th. Although we had not planned to do anything too fancy, I surprised her with reservations to Prime to take this special birthday getaway over the top. It worked because it was a perfect night! Upon arrival we discovered a very quiet, fancy restaurant. It's not ideal for children- I can tell you that but it is just what we were looking for. We were greeted by a fantastic waiter. I will go as far as saying he was one of the best waiters I have ever encountered. We decided we would start with a cocktail while we looked over the menu and picked out some wine. We asked how the mojitos were and he assured us that they were excellent. The first of many excellent recommendations he would make throughout the night. I asked for mine with light sugar and when we sipped our first sips they were both made 100% perfectly- off to a good start. While we looked over the wine list we were a little overwhelmed. I asked if they had a sommelier and our waiter said he could help us out. I asked for a wine recommendation of a particular type in a certain price range and he was spot on with his recommendation. I then asked if he recommended their oyster appetizer and he was honest when he said it wasn't their finest offering- I can't tell you how much I appreciated that. He instead recommended their chilled seafood special for an appetizer and it again, did not disappoint. The seafood was fresh, meaty, flavorful and chilled well. And most importantly, it wasn't water logged as it often is. We decided to order two meals and a few sides and share everything. The waiter caught onto that we wanted to share and offered to bring us each clean plates and serve our meal family style to us. This was just perfect! I of course had questions about the side dishes and asked if the creamed spinach had nutmeg in it and he confirmed it did and was impressed that I asked that! (I really don't understand these restaurants that love to overuse one of the most overwhelming spices with such a delicate vegetable. It has no place beyond a pinch in anything!) So we opted for the wild mushroom blend instead and a potato dish. We asked if we should have the cheddar mash or the truffle hash and he couldn't decide saying they were both so good- so we got both! He was right- they were both excellent! For main dishes I ordered for us both and went with the Filet Mignon and the pistachio crusted lamb chops. I have no idea if they were just spoiling us because they knew it was my friends birthday or because it was slow that night due to being July 4th, but neither of us had ever been served such a generous portion of lamb before. Everything was cooked perfectly and tasted simply divine. As we sipped on our wine and they packaged up our leftovers our lovely waiter brought out the most delicious cookie style cake with silky vanilla ice cream on a plate that had Happy Birthday written on it. How kind! and How delicious! The executive chef came out to ask us how everything was and we gave him our sincere compliments. We joked with him and said that we were excited for our leftovers so that we could have steak and eggs in the morning, minus the eggs! We all laughed. As we sat and finished our wine, he came out of the kitchen ten minutes later with a to go bag all tied up nicely and said he couldn't let us not have our eggs in the morning- he made us scrambled eggs to go! I have never had a chef do anything so thoughtful before. Collectively, the staff and the meal made this a birthday to remember! And yes, it was even still delicious the next day!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Overland Park, Kansas
“Very good seafood and steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is a very good restaurant inside the Westin Hollywood. Service was superb, steaks very good, seafood choices also very good as was the wine list. I thought this would be an expensive place but it turned out to be very reasonable, especially for the quality of food and service. The only negative is that for a restaurant on the ocean I wish there were some windows in the restaurant overlooking the ocean but there are none, no windows whatsoever. Feels a bit like eating in a cellar. But I would highly recommend Hollywood Prime.

Visited June 2013
hollywood
“excellent meal in a great setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

the meal was very nicely presenetd and excellent tatse. The service was outstanding and the overall atmosphere was nice

• Visited April 2013