“Better than the Marriott!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tide Vacation Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hollywood
Tide Vacation Apartments
2800 N Surf Rd, Hollywood, FL 33019   |
Milford PA
“Better than the Marriott!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband and I are coming to the end of a 10-day stay at the Tide Vacation Apartments. Last year we spent a week at the Marriott just 2 blocks away, and although we enjoyed that hotel, we liked the Tide even better. As has been mentioned, it is oceanfront, right on the broadwalk. The pool is the largest and most well-appointed of any other rentals we've seen here: plenty of chairs and umbrella tables, a gas grill, noodles and other water toys, and you don't have to get up at dawn to save yourself a spot. There are also chairs and towels available to take to the beach. The clientele is mostly older adults, many of whom return yearly at the same time; a very friendly bunch. The location is a few blocks distant from the busiest area of Hollywood Beach, so it's quiet and the beach is uncrowded. But you can easily walk to restaurants, stores, and bars if you need a little more activity. The broadwalk is well-lit at night, and many people use it for biking, roller-blading, jogging and walking, at all hours of the day and night.
We are staying in a corner unit with a private balcony, 1 BR/1bath, a new pull-out couch in the living room, and a full kitchen with fairly new appliances and cabinets. It has been recently painted and the floor tiles look pretty new, everywhere except the bathroom which is overdue for a renovation. But the unit was clean and neat when we arrived, and the staff provided clean towels daily. There is a coin-operated washer and dryer, and a large bottle of detergent that is available for guests to use.
There is a free off-the-street parking lot if you have a car. Staff members have all been very friendly and helpful. The price was very reasonable, and I will definitely be coming back to the Tides again.
Staff members were universally friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: The nicest rooms are ocean-front with large windows; however they are hard to book because people t...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Wonderful mom and pop place! Suzanne at the front desk was super nice and friendly. We stayed in #111 for 5 nights, awesome oceanfront room, cute little kitchen, steps from the pool and broadwalk. VERY clean and well appointed. Everything you could possibly need, and a great big living room with lots of windows to people watch the broadwalk.

Room Tip: #111 is a corner room, there is another one on the otherside of the pool, right on the pool and broa...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at the Tide many times. Nestled between Fort Lauderdale and Miami, the Tide is definately a gem on The hollywood Boardwalk. Clean comfortable rooms, relaxing pool at Boardwalk's edge, and only a few steps to the beach. Acoomadating staff, and a great place to lounge and people watch as they carry on their activities up and down the Boardwalk.
dining and live music are just up the Boardwalk, and plenty of gift shops too. We've tried other places in the area, but always come back to the Tide. It is exactly what is needed for a great vacation of relaxing on the beach.

David and Shelley Oklahoma

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with the corner ocean view, or the upper or lower middle rooms with ocean vie...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Great location on the beach. Pool is nice size and clean. Pool deck has plenty of chairs and the beach is 5 steps away. People that run hotel are very friendly and helpful. Most of people that stay there during winter are "snow birds" from the north and Canada. It is like a little neighborhood, everyone comes back and you know everyone. Decor is clean but old. Beds are ok, not as plush as some places, furniture is ok and they do hv flat screen televisions. We r n empty nesters.

Room Tip: Get ocean view upstairs
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ridgefield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

If you are looking for glitz and glamour, this is not it. If you are looking for a wonderful value with an older facility with a great pool, lovely people, and ten steps from the beach, this is it. I was very pleased with the accommodations...rooms were old but very clean. I felt safe at all times. Enjoyed watching the people and the surf from our balcony.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Montclair, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My boyfriend and I were looking for a place to celebrate our 20 yr anniversary and wanted to stay close to my niece. She gave us a few places to look at that she thought we might like. I picked the Tide Vacation Apts because it has a pool right alongside the boardwalk. I'm so happy I did and besides a couple of windy days our trip was wonderful. We had an ocean front apt and the views were incredible. Out one window we could watch the beautiful waves and people going by on the boardwalk. The other window was a side view of the boardwalk and the pool. One of my favorite pass times was sipping coffee at our dining table and watching the early morning joggers and runners go by. Our apt had a bedroom, living room, dining area and small kitchen.
You can walk down the boardwalk for shopping and dining and there are great restaurants within a short drive. We went out some but also stocked our fridge (full size) with food. We even BBQ'ed out by the pool. These apts are not brand new or real upscale but they have everything you need. You can choose between the beach or the pool as they are both right outside your door.
We made friends with some of the guests as it seemed everyone that stayed there was just laid back and down to earth. Susan the manager was so friendly and made us feel comfortable as soon as we got there. She gave us information and directions on everything we needed. She even stayed in contact with us once we returned home.
My sister and her husband stayed in one of the upstairs apts in November and they were very happy as well.
My only regret was that we did not stay longer than one week. We choose to go on a weekend Bahamas cruise as part of our vacation but in reality I would have preferred to have stayed at the Tide's longer. I will definetly be back.

Room Tip: If possible choose one of the ocean front rooms, the view is worth it.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff, spacious rooms, fantastic view, excellent location! It is small enough that my baby monitor worked across the full range of the building. I selected a "partial ocean view" room and didn't feel like I missed out on anything; the view was great and it felt like I never left the beach the full week of my stay. The pool faces the ocean, which is another huge plus. The shallow end is not very shallow so little ones who can't swim yet need floaties. The owners seem to be pretty uptight about the very long list of rules, but the upside is you won't find the locals renting a room and inviting their entire extended family, overtaking the grill and the pool, pumping obnoxious music and partying late into the night. It's no Waldorf Astoria but I would rate it 5 stars relative to the other accommodations on Hollywood beach, and probably 3 stars compared to what's available at other destinations I've visited, so I settled on 4 stars. They successfully capture the charming mid-twentieth century feel that is so attractive about Hollywood beach. It's quaint, clean, and relatively quiet with a nice pool on the broadwalk close enough
to walk to the action without the annoyance of it overflowing onto your doorstep when you want to relax.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Tide Vacation Apartments? Share your experiences!