“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tide Vacation Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hollywood
Tide Vacation Apartments
2800 N Surf Rd, Hollywood, FL 33019   |
Montclair, California
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My boyfriend and I were looking for a place to celebrate our 20 yr anniversary and wanted to stay close to my niece. She gave us a few places to look at that she thought we might like. I picked the Tide Vacation Apts because it has a pool right alongside the boardwalk. I'm so happy I did and besides a couple of windy days our trip was wonderful. We had an ocean front apt and the views were incredible. Out one window we could watch the beautiful waves and people going by on the boardwalk. The other window was a side view of the boardwalk and the pool. One of my favorite pass times was sipping coffee at our dining table and watching the early morning joggers and runners go by. Our apt had a bedroom, living room, dining area and small kitchen.
You can walk down the boardwalk for shopping and dining and there are great restaurants within a short drive. We went out some but also stocked our fridge (full size) with food. We even BBQ'ed out by the pool. These apts are not brand new or real upscale but they have everything you need. You can choose between the beach or the pool as they are both right outside your door.
We made friends with some of the guests as it seemed everyone that stayed there was just laid back and down to earth. Susan the manager was so friendly and made us feel comfortable as soon as we got there. She gave us information and directions on everything we needed. She even stayed in contact with us once we returned home.
My sister and her husband stayed in one of the upstairs apts in November and they were very happy as well.
My only regret was that we did not stay longer than one week. We choose to go on a weekend Bahamas cruise as part of our vacation but in reality I would have preferred to have stayed at the Tide's longer. I will definetly be back.

Room Tip: If possible choose one of the ocean front rooms, the view is worth it.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff, spacious rooms, fantastic view, excellent location! It is small enough that my baby monitor worked across the full range of the building. I selected a "partial ocean view" room and didn't feel like I missed out on anything; the view was great and it felt like I never left the beach the full week of my stay. The pool faces the ocean, which is another huge plus. The shallow end is not very shallow so little ones who can't swim yet need floaties. The owners seem to be pretty uptight about the very long list of rules, but the upside is you won't find the locals renting a room and inviting their entire extended family, overtaking the grill and the pool, pumping obnoxious music and partying late into the night. It's no Waldorf Astoria but I would rate it 5 stars relative to the other accommodations on Hollywood beach, and probably 3 stars compared to what's available at other destinations I've visited, so I settled on 4 stars. They successfully capture the charming mid-twentieth century feel that is so attractive about Hollywood beach. It's quaint, clean, and relatively quiet with a nice pool on the broadwalk close enough
to walk to the action without the annoyance of it overflowing onto your doorstep when you want to relax.

• Stayed April 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

Outdated 1960's furniture & decor. Old German owner needs to put some of her profits back into the property & update it. Too expensive for old decor. Not worth the price. Only thing going for this property is the location of pool right in front of property & on ocean.

• Stayed December 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

The Tide Vacation apartments were the BEST!! Loved, loved, it!!!! It's right on the beach. The staff were all very nice and accomdating. The pool is refreshing and you can BBQ by the pool. My family and I cooked every night and enjoyed our room to the fullest. It's a short drive to Publix Supermarket and to restaurants. The Broadwalk was also a big plus cause everyone practically exercises, ride bikes or just walks up and down daily from morning to night. You can walk to stores eateries, and listen to live music too. I can't wait to return. I miss being there...:-( Thank you STAFF for being so wonderful to the Malave Family.

• Stayed August 2012
Conn.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

We stayed at the Tide for one week in May, 2012. We had the one bedroom apartment which was very spacious and clean. The staff was extremely accommodating to their guests. They went above and beyond to make their guests welcome. The pool was great and the beach was footsteps away. I would highly recommend the Tide to anyone who is looking for a clean, friendly place located on the Broadwalk beachfront.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

A friend and I stayed at the Tide Vacation Apartments the week of April 8-14, 2012 after coming off a 2 week cruise. The 1 bedroom apt was large and very clean. The bedroom had a double bed and a single bed in it. There were also 2 couches in the living room that convert into beds. Plus you get a fairly large eating table (seats 4). A TV in the living room AND a small one in the bedroom! The kitchenette was small but had everything you need in order to prepare food (full fridge and stove, small microwave, coffeemaker, kettle and toaster). The staff (especially Susan) is extremely friendly and went above and beyond when helping us get around Hollywood (hooking us up with our very reliable taxi driver Phillipe) or giving us info on the area and making our stay great. The pool is large and kept extremely clean. A person couldn't ask for a better place to stay on the beach/boardwalk. I would not hesitate to recommend this place and can't wait to return.

Room Tip: All rooms face the ocean but some have better views. Room 218 is right in the middle and has a grea...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Massachusetts, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

We transferred here after being at a different apartment for a week. What a difference! The Tide is very welcoming, clean, and the rooms have an airy, relaxing feeling. The staff are very nice, polite, accommodating and flexible. You can't beat the location. It's right on the boardwalk/beach, and the pool is large, clean and well maintained. We loved it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Tide Vacation Apartments? Share your experiences!