“Great place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tide Vacation Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hollywood
Tide Vacation Apartments
2800 N Surf Rd, Hollywood, FL 33019   |
Conn.
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

We stayed at the Tide for one week in May, 2012. We had the one bedroom apartment which was very spacious and clean. The staff was extremely accommodating to their guests. They went above and beyond to make their guests welcome. The pool was great and the beach was footsteps away. I would highly recommend the Tide to anyone who is looking for a clean, friendly place located on the Broadwalk beachfront.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Ottawa, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

A friend and I stayed at the Tide Vacation Apartments the week of April 8-14, 2012 after coming off a 2 week cruise. The 1 bedroom apt was large and very clean. The bedroom had a double bed and a single bed in it. There were also 2 couches in the living room that convert into beds. Plus you get a fairly large eating table (seats 4). A TV in the living room AND a small one in the bedroom! The kitchenette was small but had everything you need in order to prepare food (full fridge and stove, small microwave, coffeemaker, kettle and toaster). The staff (especially Susan) is extremely friendly and went above and beyond when helping us get around Hollywood (hooking us up with our very reliable taxi driver Phillipe) or giving us info on the area and making our stay great. The pool is large and kept extremely clean. A person couldn't ask for a better place to stay on the beach/boardwalk. I would not hesitate to recommend this place and can't wait to return.

Room Tip: All rooms face the ocean but some have better views. Room 218 is right in the middle and has a grea...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Massachusetts, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

We transferred here after being at a different apartment for a week. What a difference! The Tide is very welcoming, clean, and the rooms have an airy, relaxing feeling. The staff are very nice, polite, accommodating and flexible. You can't beat the location. It's right on the boardwalk/beach, and the pool is large, clean and well maintained. We loved it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Townsend, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

I never think to write a review after a vacation but i want you to know that we thoroughly enjoyed our stay @ The Tide Vacation Apartments in May 2011. All of the staff were very helpful and accommodating. We enjoyed the fact that we were able to cook inside or on the grill, loved walking on the Broadwalk and the fact that the beach is right there in front of you. The pool was great! Our children live 10 minutes away and they were able to come to visit. My husband has been ill and it was great for him to be able to sit on the balcony or down by the pool and he would be the first to tell you that "it was GREAT"! We hope to return this year.

Room Tip: We were in Room 217 and were pleased with the view which is like in the middle on 2nd floor.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

Tide Vacation Apartments was amazing! The staff was very friendly, the rooms were EXTREMELY clean, spacious and nicely decorated. The pool was very relaxing, very clean and located facing the beach. All the rooms are only steps from the beach right on the boardwalk!! I loved this hotel and will be back for sure.

Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Hollywood, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

Just spent 3 nights at The Tide Vacation Apartments on Hollywood Beach. First of all, the property is RIGHT ON the beach - walk 5 steps and Boom! you are on the beach. That was fantastic. The pool is RIGHT ON the Broadwalk - and it is sparkling clean and a good size. The pool deck is immaculate, plenty of chairs and they have pool noodles and floaties for the kids to play with. Tables with umbrellas to eat your lunch or drink a cold one. The Tide is on the northern part of Hollywood Beach - more quiet and away from the craziness of Johnson Street bandshell. There is a restaurant 1 block away - Ocean's 11 - and we ordered takeout burgers and wraps and ate them on our pool deck - having dinner and watching the beach was just perfect. The location of this property is A+. We stayed on the 1st floor - and loved that we could come and go all day to the pool or the beach. Parking is included in price - great!

Please remember that this is an older property. That being said, the room needed a facelift - I don't mean they have to go all out with granite countertops and stainless steel appliances, but perhaps freshen up the cabinet doors and update the comforters would help. I was also disappointed with the fact that our room did not have a sofa, only chairs (uncomfortable/hard) to watch TV from. And the TV was an old tube set - big and bulky. The wi-fi was free, but we had difficulties logging on. Didn't matter to me, since I didn't have to check my email all weekend, but if you had to, that would be troublesome. I hope that the price of the rooms don't increase or I would be priced out. I don't want that to happen because I would love to stay here again. Our 6 year old loved it and she was so sad to check out today. She loved that pool.

We are residents of Hollywood, FL and have always seen this property when we visit the beach, so it was really nice to finally be able to stay there. Hope to do it again next summer!

Room Tip: Select 1st floor for easy access to pool and beach.
Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Key West, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

GOOD - Wonderful spot on a pristine beach, spacious rooms, lovely pool, perfect people watching spot. We took full advantage of the kitchen and poolside grill. We wanted for nothing during our third stay here and we are looking very forward to coming again. We now refer to it as our home away from home.

NOT SO GOOD - If your a mature couple that have no plans to visit family or friends (like us), this hotel is perfect. I wouldn't say that this is a kid friendly place. Owner/Manager will hover over you like doom if you have family or friends on the property and they don't leave immediately. It's something you don't think to ask when booking a room since personally, I have never stayed anywhere where guests were not welcome, they just can't stay the night. After all, isn't that why most of us travel to places like this anyway? I noticed one family having a pleasant gathering on the beach with other family members that was ruined by the end of the day through this policy. It just seemed like unnecessary drama that alienated other guests as the Owner/ Manager kept saying, "I don't know what to do?, I don't know what to do?". Their solution to this problem was to give each registered guest a lime green wristband. Again, it made me feel alienated and something I have never experienced at any other hotel. I think just producing the room key is good enough and had to remove wristband when we went out to dinner. No one troubled us over it until the next day when a grumpy old man said, "This is my pool and you need to leave". We just ignored him since we were checking out anyway. Internet access is rather unreliable but you can always access it while at one of the many restaurants on the beach.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Tide Vacation Apartments? Share your experiences!