“Love to go local!!” 5 of 5 stars

Description: direct parking
Miramar, Florida
“Love to go local!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

This place was so good, and the owner is hilarious. They have wonderful food, empanadas, alcapurrias,and great traditional cuban fare. Also, they have over 250 beers from all over the world. The owner has a very no-nonsense approach and really interacts with the patrons. I felt like I was at a family dinner. Great time!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

San Francisco, California
“Best roast pork ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My roast pork was so tasty and tender that it melted in my mouth! The rice with black beans was delicious and the fried plantains were fragrant, sweet but not greasy. My sister had the ox tail stew and it had a little kick to it but again tender and flavorful. To top off this meal, we tried their cuban coffee and was pleasantly surprise. The coffee was very smooth and yummy. What a find in Hollywood. I could not believe how reasonable their prices are for the quality and quantity of the dishes. It has the best cuban food, hands down.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hopewell, Virginia
“despite what it looks like from outside, go in and eat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We were a little hesitant to go in upon arrival (didn’t look that appealing) and after watching the owner slowly drift around to other customers we almost left again…
But something kept us here, and we are glad we stayed. Super tasty food, deep flavors and good homemade Sangria! Very nice and funny gentlemen running the place… good sense of humor.
Food wasn’t presented very well, but damn did it taste good! Explained to us how he makes his own simple mojo seasoning using lots of garlic. Seemed authentic to me, but then again I am from small town USA.

excellent joint, will return!
fbooth6/ harolda

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Felt like mom and dad were cooking for us...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Very unique experience. Excellent food and beer selection. Walk up to the coolers and pick what beverage you want to try. ~100 different beverage/beers.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Decatur, Illinois
“I'm going back!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I read about this on Travel Advisor and went there on my visit to Hollywood. It is a small restaurant with some nice character and wonderful Cuban food.Everything I had was delicious. I especially loved the fried plantain. The staff there was very nice. I liked it so much, I am heading back there for my last meal before I return to the snow and cold where I live.

• Visited January 2013