“beach life” 2 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hostel   |   334 Arizona Street, Hollywood, FL 33019   |
Hollywood, Florida
“beach life”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I rented a room for the weekend and was not happy for a few reasons. when I went to check in there was two men behind the counter. one was on his cell phone facebooking someone most of the time and the other man worked on the guest but didn't acknowledged us standing there for 15 min. the parking was a problem. I had to park five block away the first night and pay 25 dollars a night. I had to take my ice bucket to the restaurant on the corner for ice. the walls are paper thin. I could hear everything going on up stairs. the tv in the room didn't work most of the time. they have a dish net work. the rooms are small. no fans in the rooms and no climate control.

Room Tip: no climate control, no fans, dish network poor for tv. rooms small. paper thin walls. no ice.
  • Stayed July 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Caryville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Clean very roomy love where we stayed. Not far from beach boardwalk was nice. Would stay again room was clean management was super nice. Kids loved the bunk beds. Great bathrooms two in our room two showers. Very lovely patios.

Room Tip: I think all rooms would be great
  • Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
Detroit, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

A very small room but it was nice and clean. About a block away from the boardwalk, the beach, and plenty of restaurants.
It was a little annoying to not be able to use our devices on the tv because of the HDMI locks

Room Tip: Could use some more hooks to hang things like towels and swimsuits. Also a toilet paper holder. Also...
  • Stayed June 2015, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

After being told that I could check in early at 1pm I drove over to check in.
I was then told to come back in an hour and a half. Wrong!
Then I was charged $10 per day for parking when they have their own parking lot.
Next I was amazed at how small the bathroom was. As a tall man, I couldn't fit on the toliet because there was no room for my legs. I was forced to sit sideways...NOT good!
Then I tried to take a shower, but with the complete lack of water pressure and a almost impossible to regulate temperature controls (extreme heat or extreme cold no in between) that was also a bad experience.
The guy that checked me in had a attitude like he was doing me a favor for letting me stay there, I asked another a staffer a question (a maintenance guy) and was treated so poorly that I assumed he didn't speak English, so I asked him again in Spanish. No reaction, so I asked him if he spoke English he said he did, then totally ignored me and started calling someone on his phone.
I strongly recommend that anyone considering this place, change their mind a look somewhere else.
On a scale of 1-10 this place gets a 3. It's close to the beach ( very overcrowded beach), the sheets were clean, and the maids helpful. Those are the only positives.

NOT A GOOD EXPERIENCE!

Room Tip: Don't stay here, the place next door in nicer costs about the same and doesn't charge you to...
  • Stayed June 2015, traveled on business
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Good Morning gks611s,

Thank you for the time you took to share your honest feedback with us, and all of our future guests!! I am extremely sorry that your stay with us was not a 5 star one!! I spoke with the General Manager and she remembers this situation. She mentioned that you called them in the morning, the day of your arrival to ask if we were able to check you in early. You stated how ridiculous we are for having a 15:00 check in time. You came and checked in, in the evening with our front desk Sterling. Sterling mentioned that he had experienced several issues as you were not satisfied with the polices that we have here, and you did not want to sign the registration card. You did not complain to us about anything while you were here. At the time of check out our team stated that you were disrespectful to our front desk, and that you did not want to pay for the parking that you used. Once again I am sorry for the negative time that you had.

Riverview, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

very convenient for food and drinks at reasonable prices. beach half block away (short block). just nice. rooms are small clean and look nice. the area around was well light, and we felt safe on the street at night.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled on business
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel, responded to this review, 5 days ago
thomastdr2, you are a dream! Thank you so much for this amazing review! I am so glad to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and can’t wait for the opportunity to do it all again. We truly appreciate the insanely kind words and hope to see you back here soon!

Chapman, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Awesome property! Located within a block of Hollywood Beach Broadwalk. Very friendly staff. Nice facilities. The "More the Merrier Suite" is the optimum set up for a family of five, two bedroom with a Queen size bed in one room and two sets of bunkbeds in the other. Overall Great Stay!

• Stayed June 2015, traveled with family
What a lovely review KCChiefsRoyals!!! We are stoked that you had such a great time with us!! We are located just a convenient block from the beautiful beach, and many other hot spots here. It sounds like you were able to enjoy everything that we have to offer! Come back soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Absolutely amazing stay at this property, staff were brilliant, great attention to detail in ensuring you had best stay possible. Room was great, stayed with partner and 7mo plenty of space. We absolutely loved this place wish we could have stayed a few days longer. This is as close to beach as you can get without staying at an on beach property. This was a genuinely great and pleasant stay and when I return to the Miami-Fort Lauderdale area this hotel will be my no. 1 choice.

Stayed June 2015, traveled with family
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
You like us! You really like us! Carlito A, thank you for making our day with your spectacular 5 star review. We adore having the chance to take care of new visitors like you and can’t wait to do it again! Please email me directly, and let me know when you are set to return. I would love to take care of your reservations personally and continue to show the love!

Katrine

Been to Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel? Share your experiences!