“Clean, great staff and location !” 5 of 5 stars

You added Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel to your Saves list
Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hostel   |   334 Arizona Street, Hollywood, FL 33019   |
Rio
“Clean, great staff and location !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

The best of this place is that is clean, friendly staff and a location that you can't beat!
Summer color walls in rooms, ok mattress in rooms. Terrazzo floors are great for this hot weather. Properly looks well maintain, nice landscaping and housekeeping does a great job.
Lady Manager at desk always attentive as well as front staff. They even offer free coffee and business center that you can print boarding passes. I ll be back soon !

• Stayed June 2014
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Hello there Eliztaty,

We appreciate the time you took to share your wonderful 5 star feedback! We are delighted to read that you had such a great time with us! We offer a fun filled time, in a great location, at an unbeatable price! We would love for you to come back when visiting Hollywood, FL again in the future!

Katrine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Clean and quiet dormitories, great location, well equipped and clean kitchen and best of all the friendly and accommodating reception by Diego !
I will be delighted to stay again on my next journey.
Erica

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Good Afternoon Erica a,

We are delighted to read your positive 5 star feedback! Our team works hard to make sure that everyone is having an excellent time! I will make sure to inform Diego of your wonderful praise! All of our guests love him, and the service he provides. We hope to see you again soon!

vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Nice little place to rest your head. Not a ritz Carlton but very good bed , clean room, and a plasma television. The water pressure is good. I liked the terrazzo floors which felt clean under my feet after a day at the beach. The state park close by is great for a jog. The best part is taco beach shack, the hotels restaurant with excellent food. The manager Chris is a hardworking gentleman. The place is very cozy and has delicious margaritas.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Hello there hammockhunterVEGAS,

There is nothing that we love to read more then killer 5 star feedback! We are a fun filled hotel that offers great amenities, at a reasonable price. The state park is not far from the hotel. Very nice to go for a run, and enjoy the outdoors. :) Taco Beach Shack has delicious authentic Mexican food with a kick. Chris is absolutely amazing, and all of our customers think so as well. Please come back again soon!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Since I have a bad habit of reading the worst reviews first, I was concerned about how clean the rooms would be. No worries there - if there were problems previously, they were resolved.

The room was a bit smaller than I expected, but we made do. I will say, the furnishings, beds, linens are minimal - so this isn't exactly a room you go into just to hang out for awhile. We basically slept and showered in the room. The only real issue was there was no storage for clothing - and with four people, things got messy pretty fast.

The courtyards are outside and these are well furnished with outdoor cushions. We took advantage of the bikes- there are several and there was always a bike available when we wanted it - and checking them out was super fast and efficient.

If you are a person who likes to hang out in the room and enjoy the view, this probably isn't the place for you. We like to be on the go and the room served our purpose. Would go back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Hello there Theogumbah1965,

We value all of our guests feedback and would like to thank you for sharing your feedback with us! Our staff work hard to make sure that the hotel is well maintained, and that everyone is enjoying their time here. We offer great money saving amenities here at Hollywood. I see that you were able to take advantage of them. We would love to have you stay with us again in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

The hostel is real nice and the staff are lovely. I got there too early because of my flight and they let me leave my bags at reception and use the facilities while I waited. The dorm room was good, chilled with air conditioning which is much needed. There's nice communal areas to hang out and lots of beach stuff you can borrow, including bikes, but all for a maximum of 2 hours. The beach and broadwalk are just a few steps away, but the room was very nice and quiet. The Wi-Fi doesn't reach the dorm room, but you can catch a bar or two in the communal area in front of the dorms. You are allowed to pay the deposit of $50 in cash and if you have to leave early in the morning, they let you collect it the night before around 9pm. The bathrooms are great, hot water, and clean. There are small lockers in the dorm which won't fit big bags, but will fit all your valuables.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Good Evening Den367,

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your feedback with us and all of our future guests! We strive on providing our guests with an excellent time here at Hollywood Hostel. We have a load of great amenities here for all of our guests to enjoy. It seems like you enjoyed your time with us! Please come back when you are in the Hollywood area! We would love to have you!

Canton, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

My family is big and to find affordable accommodations that will hold all six of us is hard! Thanks to this place less than a block away from the beach we were able to and we were more than comfortable! Staff was helpful and kind. Our room was clean and quaint yet roomy enough for all six to fit ! Beach Taco Shack was delicious! Hotel amenities were great,free bikes, boogie boards! Only drawback was the day we wanted to use the grill the restaurant had to use it all day and we had to make other arrangements. Wish they would have maybe had a portable grill available for that instance. But otherwise we loved it! We will definitely return and stay at The Hollywood Beachs suites Hostel and Hotel!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Hello there LaToya P,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, and all of our future guests! We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your time that you spent with us! Our staff work hard to make sure that you are having a great time, and that everything in the room is well taken care of and clean. Taco Beach Shack has some delicious authentic Mexican food and is very reasonably priced! Please come back for another great time! We would love to have you!

Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I am currently staying at this hostel and desperately need to do laundry. An amenity I was advised was available when I checked in. But the machines are always busy doing the hotel laundry.
An employee (who is actually a really nice guy who wants to be helpful but is constrained by the bad situation he is in with having to do everything with not enough resources) said he would let me do laundry at 9pm but then said he would get in trouble if he let me as he had to finish the hotel's items.
He will not even let me do laundry overnight as he has said my clothes may not be there in the morning. So not only is there false advertising about the ability to wash my clothes but apparently this is also a criminal hotspot for said clothing.
So now I have been told to come back at 8am. But there is no guarantee that I will be able to do laundry and I am out of clean underwear.
I had wanted to spend my time going out to see the sights of the area but instead I have to spend my time waiting to try and get what should be a simple task done!

The place needs more machines. If they are gonna charge a relatively high price to do laundry then they should at least have the service available at some point during the day.

Another couple of things I want to mention are the bathrooms in the shared dorm. Why do they have a dispenser for shampoo and conditioner in the shower but no soap dispenser by the sink? I would think that soap is a greater necessity. I personally just use the shampoo to wash my hands figuring that they are all detergents but I fear that others (who I am sharing a space with) are just not washing their hands properly and that is just unhygienic.

Also there is only one hook in each bathroom. When will hostel owners realize that we need more hooks???
I can't just strip off and go wandering around the dorm naked, casually placing only my towel on the hook when I breeze into the bathroom.
So apparently I am supposed to fit the clothes I just took off, my clean clothes (if I had any..), my toiletry bag and the towel all on this one single hook. It is not even a double hook, just a lousy single hook that is not up to this mammoth task.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Been to Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel? Share your experiences!