“One Bedroom Suite was very clean - Bicycles were always available” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel

You added Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel to your Saves list
Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hostel   |   334 Arizona Street, Hollywood, FL 33019   |
“One Bedroom Suite was very clean - Bicycles were always available”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Since I have a bad habit of reading the worst reviews first, I was concerned about how clean the rooms would be. No worries there - if there were problems previously, they were resolved.

The room was a bit smaller than I expected, but we made do. I will say, the furnishings, beds, linens are minimal - so this isn't exactly a room you go into just to hang out for awhile. We basically slept and showered in the room. The only real issue was there was no storage for clothing - and with four people, things got messy pretty fast.

The courtyards are outside and these are well furnished with outdoor cushions. We took advantage of the bikes- there are several and there was always a bike available when we wanted it - and checking them out was super fast and efficient.

If you are a person who likes to hang out in the room and enjoy the view, this probably isn't the place for you. We like to be on the go and the room served our purpose. Would go back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Hello there Theogumbah1965,

We value all of our guests feedback and would like to thank you for sharing your feedback with us! Our staff work hard to make sure that the hotel is well maintained, and that everyone is enjoying their time here. We offer great money saving amenities here at Hollywood. I see that you were able to take advantage of them. We would love to have you stay with us again in the future.

Katrine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

The hostel is real nice and the staff are lovely. I got there too early because of my flight and they let me leave my bags at reception and use the facilities while I waited. The dorm room was good, chilled with air conditioning which is much needed. There's nice communal areas to hang out and lots of beach stuff you can borrow, including bikes, but all for a maximum of 2 hours. The beach and broadwalk are just a few steps away, but the room was very nice and quiet. The Wi-Fi doesn't reach the dorm room, but you can catch a bar or two in the communal area in front of the dorms. You are allowed to pay the deposit of $50 in cash and if you have to leave early in the morning, they let you collect it the night before around 9pm. The bathrooms are great, hot water, and clean. There are small lockers in the dorm which won't fit big bags, but will fit all your valuables.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Good Evening Den367,

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your feedback with us and all of our future guests! We strive on providing our guests with an excellent time here at Hollywood Hostel. We have a load of great amenities here for all of our guests to enjoy. It seems like you enjoyed your time with us! Please come back when you are in the Hollywood area! We would love to have you!

Canton, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

My family is big and to find affordable accommodations that will hold all six of us is hard! Thanks to this place less than a block away from the beach we were able to and we were more than comfortable! Staff was helpful and kind. Our room was clean and quaint yet roomy enough for all six to fit ! Beach Taco Shack was delicious! Hotel amenities were great,free bikes, boogie boards! Only drawback was the day we wanted to use the grill the restaurant had to use it all day and we had to make other arrangements. Wish they would have maybe had a portable grill available for that instance. But otherwise we loved it! We will definitely return and stay at The Hollywood Beachs suites Hostel and Hotel!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Hello there LaToya P,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, and all of our future guests! We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your time that you spent with us! Our staff work hard to make sure that you are having a great time, and that everything in the room is well taken care of and clean. Taco Beach Shack has some delicious authentic Mexican food and is very reasonably priced! Please come back for another great time! We would love to have you!

Darwin, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I am currently staying at this hostel and desperately need to do laundry. An amenity I was advised was available when I checked in. But the machines are always busy doing the hotel laundry.
An employee (who is actually a really nice guy who wants to be helpful but is constrained by the bad situation he is in with having to do everything with not enough resources) said he would let me do laundry at 9pm but then said he would get in trouble if he let me as he had to finish the hotel's items.
He will not even let me do laundry overnight as he has said my clothes may not be there in the morning. So not only is there false advertising about the ability to wash my clothes but apparently this is also a criminal hotspot for said clothing.
So now I have been told to come back at 8am. But there is no guarantee that I will be able to do laundry and I am out of clean underwear.
I had wanted to spend my time going out to see the sights of the area but instead I have to spend my time waiting to try and get what should be a simple task done!

The place needs more machines. If they are gonna charge a relatively high price to do laundry then they should at least have the service available at some point during the day.

Another couple of things I want to mention are the bathrooms in the shared dorm. Why do they have a dispenser for shampoo and conditioner in the shower but no soap dispenser by the sink? I would think that soap is a greater necessity. I personally just use the shampoo to wash my hands figuring that they are all detergents but I fear that others (who I am sharing a space with) are just not washing their hands properly and that is just unhygienic.

Also there is only one hook in each bathroom. When will hostel owners realize that we need more hooks???
I can't just strip off and go wandering around the dorm naked, casually placing only my towel on the hook when I breeze into the bathroom.
So apparently I am supposed to fit the clothes I just took off, my clean clothes (if I had any..), my toiletry bag and the towel all on this one single hook. It is not even a double hook, just a lousy single hook that is not up to this mammoth task.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

we stay here every year to celebrate my dad's birthday, and this is our 3rd year since they open, we keep chosing this lil cozy place cause of the athmosphere and the staff that is always smiling and trying to make our stay enjoyable! we book the family suite for me and kids and a two peas type for my parents. rooms are always clean and have everything you need for your stay, even a microwave (many big chains hotels dont provide such amenitie), free stuffs are awsome to have your kids playing all day long, even free computers at the lobby and wifi with good signal inside rooms. location is great, just half block from the beach, but far enough from the boardwalk noise. thank you miss pamela and staff for taking care of us! we ll be back next year for sure!!!! the Leon family!

Room Tip: taco place next to restaurant offers great food and entertainment!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Hello there irene l,

We would like to thank you for sharing your amazing 5 star experience with us! We are grateful to know that you are loyal returning guests! Our property is perfect for a family fun filled getaway. Our staff are always hard at work to make sure that everyone is having a great time! Please come back for your dad's birthday again next year! We would love to have you !

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

I walked in to the hotel that looks more like a motel on the outside and requested a room for 8. The lady in the front desk, Indira, adviced me that the family rooms are just built for 6 and that I should get two rooms to accomodate my other 2 family members. She gave us a tour of the place and showed us the room. We had just come from a cruise and half of my family decided to saty at different location! Until they saw how beautiful the family room was! OMG, super nice. We ended renting 2 family rooms, instead of one. Although the rooms don't have stoves, they do have a common kitchen at the office and all the free amenities are awesome!!! We spent the day and night riding bikes on the beach and all. We didn't get tonuse the surfboards because we were there for one night. But we will definitely be back!

Two thumbs up for this beautiful place!

• Stayed April 2014
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Hello there juliapintado,

There is nothing that we love to read more then wonderful 5 star feedback! Thank you for sharing it with us, and all of our future guests! Our family rooms are beautiful with a very beachy feel to them. Our other rooms are part of our hostel, and those are shared rooms. We do have a kitchen area where you can cook you favorite home cooked meals. We hope that you would stay with us again in the future!

Edmond, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I stayed here in the mixed dorm April 3rd to April 8th and it was amazing! The staff was just wonderful, Bruno and Pamela esp. The dorm was very comfortable with2 window air conditioners and very nice people. Great for single travelers, they had a really nice sitting area right outside the dorms to relax after a bright warm day at the beach which is 1 block away! The boardwalk is right there and you don't need to rent a car as everything was in walking distance. I did take the bus to Young Circle to the Publix one day and it ran every 20 minutes! I can't wait to go back in 2 weeks again! I have to use my air miles before they expire and I am definitely going back!

Room Tip: A little breakfast place and farmers market on the boardwalk go right on boardwalk about 3 clocks, a...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Good Day Shawn9380,

There is nothing that we love to read more then wonderful 5 star feedback! We are extremely glad to know that you had a great time with us! Our staff are always hard at work to make sure that everything is well taken care of, and that everyone is having a great time! We are in a prime location as we are steps away from the beach and other hot spots in Hollywood, FL. We can't wait to have you stay with us again in 2 weeks!! :) See you soon!

Katrine

Been to Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel? Share your experiences!