“If I knew what a "hostel" was, I never would have stayed here!!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hostel   |   334 Arizona Street, Hollywood, FL 33019   |
“If I knew what a "hostel" was, I never would have stayed here!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

I didn't know what a hostel was and quite frankly, I'm glad I didn't!! Knowing what I know now, I would have expected a loud, filthy and definitely unsafe place for my children and I to stay. The entire staff worked so well together to make sure our stay was perfect and memorable. Super clean and super quiet!! So peaceful and relaxing, yet close enough to the boardwalk nightlife!! Taco Shack has awesome food and wow the $2 margaritas..incredible!! The bunk beds were perfect for the kids, we never felt crowded. Which is very easy to feel that way with 2 adults and 4 kids!!! The only complaint I have is that I couldn't stay longer!!! We will definitely be returning!! Would definitely give more than 5 stars if I could!!

• Stayed October 2013
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Hello Tinotch,

We value every one of our guests feedback and would like to thank you for sharing yours with us! When people think of hostel they do think of loud, dirty, and perhaps unsafe. We definitely have a different approach here at Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel. We are the complete opposite of what you would think a hostel would be like. Our staff is amazing and all of our guests love them. They are always working hard to make sure that the grounds are well kept and that every guest is well taken care of. It's very quiet in our area and we like to keep it that way, so that our guests can relax as that is what they came here for. :) Taco Beach Shack offers delicious Mexican food at very reasonable prices, and they have awesome specials going on. We can't wait to have you and the family back to stay with us again, for another memorable time!

160 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I enjoy frequent weekend getaways to Hollywood Beach and especially enjoy staying in the old Florida motels. So that's the first thing - this is a motel. It is quaint, the grounds are nicely kept, the rooms are updated and fun. It's also adjacent to a great restaurant with excellent Mexican food.

However, despite all of that, we will never stay here again. The bed was more like a piece of plywood and we both spent the night tossing and turning from discomfort. If that wasn't bad enough, I woke up with my feet and legs covered in BED BUG bites. After looking closely at the mattress, bug presence was obvious and now I understand why the desk clerk wouldn't let us see the room until we gave our credit card info.

I know that bed bugs are not an indication of cleanliness and are present in fine hotels as well. I just choose to avoid the places where I know they are present because I don't want to take them home! Too bad. Cute place.

Room Tip: From reading other reviews, a room near the restaurant is a bad idea. Though ours was not near it, I...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Good Afternoon RobertdOhana,

Thank you for providing us with your honest feedback regarding your recent stay with us! I am terribly sorry that you did not have an amazing time while staying with us! Regarding your bed were you able to inform the front desk about this at the time that you were with us? If we were aware of this, we would have definitely moved you to another room. We just had a state inspection one month ago and they checked all of the rooms, and very thoroughly and passed it! We have never had a guest complain about bed bugs. I think that it could ants or mosquito's keeping in mind that we are an outdoor property and when you leave the door open it's the entrance way for these insects to come in. We never have an issue showing any guest our rooms. We have had many guests in the past want to see the room before they book, love it and book right away. I am sorry that you did not have an enjoyable time with us!

Johnstown, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I needed a place for just a night and wanted to be on Hollywood Beach. Found this at a great price, the place was cute and clean and perfect. Probably the best night I spent, walking the beach, eating at one of my favorite restaurants. The location, the atmosphere was perfect. Will definitely stay here again. I was there in June 2011. Went for a wedding, my best friends and they left for their honeymoon and I stayed here one night before heading home....was the best night :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Good Afternoon bfzwoman,

There is absolutely nothing that we love more then to see 5 stars with an amazing review! Thank you so much for sharing yours with us, and for choosing to stay with us for the night! We do offer great unbeatable prices, and great amenities to go along with. We hope that the next time you stay with us, it will be for more then 1 night! :) We hope to see you soon!

Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hostel was good for the price - stayed in a private room and couldnt ask for more as far as location.

Took forever to get anything done as far as renting out equipment or asking a simple question at the front desk because there is one person there who is handling /everything/.

I did have a problem once i left - I left something behind in the room and wanted to have UPS come out and pick it up for me to ship it back - all they had to do was OK that. it was unimportant to most, but sentimental (marriage proposal, etc).

I couldnt get them to respond to an email. One person told me OK ot the UPS pickup and the next told me my only option was to come pick it up(granted I live 1000 miles away).

After a week of back and forth, they told me items not picked up in 72 hours are thrown out and it was not in lost in found.

Good concept, good atmosphere - but they should:
a) pay for an additional person during peak hours
b) be more responsive to issues.

if not for this, i would have easily given it a 4-5.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Hello ChrisFarker,

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback with us and all of our future guests! I see that you were content with the price of our private rooms. We do offer unbeatable prices and a load of amenities that are included!! We are also in a great spot in Hollywood, close to it all. I am sorry that things took a little longer then expected for you. After all your on vacation, there is no need to hurry. I see that you encountered a slight issue with having UPS come out and collect your papers. I believe that it was a misunderstanding, as we have no problem signing off or handing over something to UPS that a guest has left behind. This has happened several times and things have always gone smoothly. We hold things in our lost and found for a minimum of 2 weeks. I will make sure that all of our staff is aware of that as well.

Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I am a frequent to this place and recently went for a vacation. I had such an amazing experience.

Bruno from the front desk from the beginning was very eager and friendly while checking me in. He was very welcoming, advised me of some freebies included and some hot spots around. The check in process was very fast and soon I was headed to my room.

The first impression inside my room was like "wow!! Super comfort for mee, yayy!!" My bed was like laying in heaven, smelled super fresh and the decor was just breathtaking... the tv right in front my bed was a plus!! The bathroom is very well decorated.

Housekeeping team, Sup. Taimi, who would take care that my room was always ready, fresh and comfortable for me after coming back from a super fun (and exhausting) day at the beach.

I would like to also express my gratitud to Indira & Diego, from the front desk, as they would always check that everything was fine and my stay was nothing less but excellent.

The Taco Beach Shack has the best happy hour 2×1 in town. Their food is a must try, daily specials and more ;)

Kudos to the GM Pamela Garcia for such an extraordinary experience!! You have a great team :D

Room Tip: If looking for a room at a great price with great costumer services, you found it
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Good Afternoon palvarado13,

Thank you so much for providing us with your amazing 5 star feedback! I am extremely glad to read that you had such a great time while staying with us! I see that you were provided with excellent service by our staff from start to finish. Taco Beach Shack has amazing food and great specials! It's definitely a must try restaurant!!! Please come back and stay with us the next time you are in Hollywood.

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed here while apartment hunting in Miami area. Great place to return to in the evenings. Beach and boardwalk just steps away. Nice Cuban coffee in the mornings. Do not make the mistake of pulling into parking lot across the street because hotel will assign you a space near your room. Rooms decoration very nice with terrific colors. Refridge and microwave. Hotel rents beach chairs, umbrellas, bikes etc. Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Good Afternoon karla h,

We value your feedback and want to thank you for taking your time to share it with us! The location of our property is great, as we are just steps away from all the hot spots as well as the beach. All of our guests love our amenities and it makes it very easy and convenient for our guests. We would love to have you stay with us again in the future!

Hollywood
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Clean, nice decoration, had good TV, light, bathroom/shower, towels, good bedding.
There are no instructions how to check in if you arrive late, staff did not offer solutions to issues such as dining, late arrival. There is no water/sodas/ice inside the room or in vending machines, very few parking spaces, hotel doesn't offer extra beds or rooms with 2 beds (1 queen or 4 bunk beds).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Hello Andrea B,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated, thank you for taking your time to share it with us! I am glad to see that you had a nice time while staying with us! We do indeed offer rooms that offer 1 Queen and a sleeper sofa, as well as the beds that you mentioned. Unfortunately our area struggles with parking and it is very limited.
We hope that you would come back and stay with us again in the future!

Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel? Share your experiences!