“always the best!!” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hostel   |   334 Arizona Street, Hollywood, FL 33019   |
Miami Beach, Florida
“always the best!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I am a frequent to this place and recently went for a vacation. I had such an amazing experience.

Bruno from the front desk from the beginning was very eager and friendly while checking me in. He was very welcoming, advised me of some freebies included and some hot spots around. The check in process was very fast and soon I was headed to my room.

The first impression inside my room was like "wow!! Super comfort for mee, yayy!!" My bed was like laying in heaven, smelled super fresh and the decor was just breathtaking... the tv right in front my bed was a plus!! The bathroom is very well decorated.

Housekeeping team, Sup. Taimi, who would take care that my room was always ready, fresh and comfortable for me after coming back from a super fun (and exhausting) day at the beach.

I would like to also express my gratitud to Indira & Diego, from the front desk, as they would always check that everything was fine and my stay was nothing less but excellent.

The Taco Beach Shack has the best happy hour 2×1 in town. Their food is a must try, daily specials and more ;)

Kudos to the GM Pamela Garcia for such an extraordinary experience!! You have a great team :D

Room Tip: If looking for a room at a great price with great costumer services, you found it
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Good Afternoon palvarado13,

Thank you so much for providing us with your amazing 5 star feedback! I am extremely glad to read that you had such a great time while staying with us! I see that you were provided with excellent service by our staff from start to finish. Taco Beach Shack has amazing food and great specials! It's definitely a must try restaurant!!! Please come back and stay with us the next time you are in Hollywood.

Katrine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed here while apartment hunting in Miami area. Great place to return to in the evenings. Beach and boardwalk just steps away. Nice Cuban coffee in the mornings. Do not make the mistake of pulling into parking lot across the street because hotel will assign you a space near your room. Rooms decoration very nice with terrific colors. Refridge and microwave. Hotel rents beach chairs, umbrellas, bikes etc. Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Good Afternoon karla h,

We value your feedback and want to thank you for taking your time to share it with us! The location of our property is great, as we are just steps away from all the hot spots as well as the beach. All of our guests love our amenities and it makes it very easy and convenient for our guests. We would love to have you stay with us again in the future!

Hollywood
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Clean, nice decoration, had good TV, light, bathroom/shower, towels, good bedding.
There are no instructions how to check in if you arrive late, staff did not offer solutions to issues such as dining, late arrival. There is no water/sodas/ice inside the room or in vending machines, very few parking spaces, hotel doesn't offer extra beds or rooms with 2 beds (1 queen or 4 bunk beds).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Hello Andrea B,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated, thank you for taking your time to share it with us! I am glad to see that you had a nice time while staying with us! We do indeed offer rooms that offer 1 Queen and a sleeper sofa, as well as the beds that you mentioned. Unfortunately our area struggles with parking and it is very limited.
We hope that you would come back and stay with us again in the future!

Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

My sister and I stayed there for a week this May, however, we had to share our private room with a family of cockroaches. We killed one - he was a fat one, the size of a small mouse, I kid you not. That thing was terrifying. The response of staff was "we don't have this problem". They even tried to blame it on us by saying "oh, you must've left the door open".... They wouldn't even provide us with insecticide spray, so I had to actually buy 2 cans on my own money.

Mind you, if you love or generally don't mind big insects crawling around your room, bathroom, and possibly luggage and clothes, then this place is swell: it's super close to the beach, has free bike and beach chair rentals, coffee, wifi. The rooms are even nice too, but the roaches and staff's inconsiderate attitude/lack of help with this issue really made the experience rather negative. However, I do give it 2 stars, because we did have an awesome time at the beach, and biking around the area.

Another couple of notes: beach gets SUPER busy on the weekend (and I mean busy all the way from Hollywood to Dania beach). And, this area in general is mostly and older/family crowd. So, if you are looking for a more of a deserted beach or younger/surfer/hippie/drum circle crowd, then keep on looking.

There's a ton of hotels in this area, and if I were to go again I would not stay at this one.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Good Afternoon Polly_Ts,

Thank you so much for taking your time to provide us with your honest feedback! I am terribly sorry to read about the issue that you experienced with the insects. Unfortunately the only way for these critters to get in is through the door. Perhaps the door was left open for too long, or when you weren't looking they got in. Regardless of how they got in we should have accommodated you in assisting to get rid of them. If not moved you to another room where you were more comfortable. I am glad to at least see that you were able to enjoy the amenities that we offer our guests! I will definitely make sure to inform the General Manager about this. I would really love for you to give us another chance! Please let me know if you are visiting Hollywood again, and I would make sure that you would have an amazing time!

Johnston, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We loved staying here! The location is great...a half block from the beach in about the middle of the Broadwalk. The room was immaculate as well as the patio area around the hotel. They had beach chairs, towels, bikes, volleyball and ping pong equip that you could borrow from the hotel free of charge. We only stayed one night but it would be the perfect place to spend an extended vacation since it's so relaxing and laid back here.

Room Tip: If you want to avoid noise at night, get a room away from the Taco Shack restaurant that is attached...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Hello JMH79,

We are glad to read your wonderful 5 star feedback! Thank you for taking your time to share it with us! The location of our property is great and in the middle of everything. We have a lot of great amenities that are complimentary for all of our guests to enjoy! We hope to have you stay with us again soon!

Ambridge, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Hollywood Beach Suites and Hostel is a favorite of mine. It's a great value. Clean and convenient to the beach. I actually went in August '11, it was great - all adults no children! So it was very quiet! In the evenings travelers just sit out in the patio and relax. Very nice.

• Stayed June 2012
Good Afternoon StephMarie8504,

Thank you for your wonderful 5 star feedback! I am very glad to read that we are a favorite of yours! Our staff works hard to make sure that our guests are comfortable and our rooms are clean. We hope to have you stay with us again in the future!

Indian Rocks Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed one night at this hostel and hotel. We're middle aged. The room was very clean and the staff was very friendly. It's a nice to place to stay and worth the price. I would reccomend this hostel and hotel to people of all ages. Although we never ate at the restaurant, it sure did smell good! We'll return to this hostel and hotel, again, someday. Hollywood Beach is nice and this hostel and hotel blends right into it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Ernie G,

Thank you so much for your honest feedback! I see that you had a nice time with us! We do have very good and affordable prices with great quality and service to go along with it! Please come back and stay with us again soon! The next time you come dine at Taco Beach Shack, they have amazing food and drink specials!

Katrine

Been to Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel? Share your experiences!