“Sweet Suite and Loving Hollywood!” 4 of 5 stars

You added Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel to your Saves list
Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hostel   |   334 Arizona Street, Hollywood, FL 33019   |
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
“Sweet Suite and Loving Hollywood!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Friends- I love to travel and go where the road takes me, and I was so thankful the road ended here. I had to take a travel break and decided this was the town and my iphone led me to a priceline deal at this hotel. The attached taco bar and band sort of turned me off, but I was being cheap and decided it was a decent rate and the place was clean. What a pleasant suprise the room turned out to be! It was great, nicer than most hotels- only complaint was my knees hit the wall when I used the bathroom. It had great decor, nice touch amenities, excellent staff and sooo close to the beach you could taste it! The kids and i have decided this place was a bargain bonanza and a real gem of a find.

Room Tip: Tell the staff you need a quiet room, away from the music!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Hello Leigh E,

Your honest feedback is greatly appreciated, and we are glad that you chose to share it with us! I am glad that you were content with the cleanliness of our hotel, and how great your room was. Our amenities are loved by all of our guests, and we are glad that you liked them as well! Our staff is always eager to serve you and I see that is the kind of service that you were given! Please come back soon, we can't wait to have you stay with us for a second time around!

176 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

VEry skeptical at first when we pulled up. The office is small, but they do offer coffee and internet to use. Very well priced. What I liked about it is you get a bike to ride on the beach if you wanted to, these rooms actually had a microwave and a refrigerator (a nice sized one, one about the size u'd stick in a dorm room). U have to pay extra to have that type of amenity in your room at a big swanky hotel.When I go on vaca i do like to go out and eat but not all the time. I like to check out the local food markets, buy food like fruits, veggies, foods I can snack on and be able to store in refrigerator or heat in microwave if I needed to. I was glad it a refrigerator and microwave. The room was clean, it had a nice tv with cable. It was down the street from the famous taco shack and also from a well known seafood and stone crab restaurant in Hollywood FL. I stayed at the Loews hotel in Miami and they didn't even have a fridge or a microwave. they did have an in-room Keurig coffee maker.

Room Tip: Rooms are a little small.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Ashlee2012,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! We do offer great amenities for all of our guests to enjoy! You are able to rent our bikes- at no charge, sip on delicious coffee from our lobby area, etc. I see that you were content that the room that you rented had a microwave and a refrigerator, and that you were also content with the cleanliness of it. Taco Beach Shack has great food!! Their Chicken Tacos are absolutely amazing!! We hope to have you stay with us again!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

With the reviews and the value i thought id take a chance. Really decent place. We actually tear it up with the best of them. Always give people the benifit of the doubt because we don't want people complaining about our noise. We're beyond flexible. However. The room adjacent to us easily had 20 plus people staying in it. Huge families blaring music and pounding the walls all night. We asked the front desk a couple minutes before 11pm to ask them to quiet it down. They said that group has stayed with them before and at 11 they would shut it down. The only thing that shut down was the front desk. The front desk went home. End of story. Boom boxes wide open. Party of 20+ pounding off the walls all night. These weren't spring breakers. They were huge families of people from 8 years old to 50. That's all I'm saying, you fill in the blanks. It seemed like every unit was the same way. I'm writing this at 2am and its so loud I can't even hear my TV. I really don't think this is a one time occurrence. These families just go wide open all night and just could care less about any one else in the complex. I never write these reviews, but I'm just praying one less person stays at this place because of what I'm writing in the middle of the night wide awake right now as kids bounce off my walls and Salsa music blares at 10+. Please, please don't stay hear as its now quarter to 3am.

• Stayed March 2013
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Hello Moccc,

Your honest feedback is greatly appreciated and we are very glad that you chose to share it with us! I am terribly sorry to read that you experienced such noise from the room that was adjacent to yours. The front desk asked them several times to quiet down. For a brief moment the volume was down and when the front desk left to go home, they bumped it up again- knowing that the staff was not around anymore. We don't have these issues often but when we do we handle them as professional as possible.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights on March Break for a mother/daughter get away in a Two Peas in a Pod room which served us well. Cute room decor with fresh yellow and blue seaside decor and newer Ikea furniture. Clean room and everything worked well. Bathroom was small but had everything we needed. Brand new flat screen wall mounted t.v and furnishings gives this place a modern feel although the outside of the hotel matches the date of the majority of the hotels in the area. Free wifi and it worked well. We stayed in D2 and found this location to be quiet even though a large group of teens from Europe were staying there. We could never hear them from our room.
Location is great because you are steps from the beach where you can take the free beach towels and chairs with umbrellas. There are larger sun huts with long lay down type lounge chairs for rent from a guy on a golf cart and they are $26 for the day I think. The broadwalk is right there also and you can ride the free bikes from the hotel or walk and jog up and down the ocean. We spent quite a bit of time outside enjoying the view of the ocean either from the beach or the long broadwalk. Its quite a hub of activity along there and there are many active people enjoying the outdoors. The ocean is a lovely colour of turquoise and the sand is a light colour. The area of the beach nearest to the hotel is nice and wide but not too congested with people.
There are lots of places to eat and drink ocean side. It's not far from the band shell where music plays and a park for kids nearby too. The canal is on the other side and has many good restaurants as well. We preferred the canal side for our meals because it was not as windy there and the newer restaurants were much nicer than the smaller broadwalk older touristy places on the ocean side. Great sunset views from the canal and there are huge expensive boats that cruise along there. We went to Giorgios Bakery for breakfast, lunch and dinner because it was so good and well priced. We also enjoyed GG's Waterfront dining for happy hour at the bar and dinner. Snooky Polizzi had been there earlier that week so that was pretty cool. It looks very expensive but if you choose wisely on the happy hour menu ($4 wine and $6 apps) or the regular dinner menu there are well priced items...for instance salmon fillet on salad for $15 or Angel hair vegetarian pasta for $15. Their key lime pie is amazing. Those prices are typical for restaurants at home and you sure can't get a million dollar sunset views at home that are as nice as this place! We also went to a really fun restaurant called Opa Taverna which is a Greek place with excellent food and a dancer in costume that comes out at 9 pm to liven the place up. Great music and everyone has a blast. Don't forget to eat at the Taco Beach Shack right adjacent to the hotel and it has a really cool vibe with outdoor lounge areas, big screen t.v, friendly staff, ping pong tables, excellent drink specials ($1 margarita Mondays) and big portion Mexican food. We never ate there once with out having to bring home the food we couldn't finish because we were too full. In our hotel room we had a fridge, microwave and table and chairs for eating so there was no problem eating our leftovers the next day. There are also patio chairs and tables outside for sitting and eating at in the courtyard of the hotel.
We would definitely return to this place. It's smarter to stay at this hotel rather than the pricier chain hotels which are double or triple the price and use the $ savings for fine dining and fun daytime activities.
We went on the trolly for $1 and also took the water taxi tour for approx $20 and the stops are really close to the hotel. It's safe to walk at night near there because it is well lit and the restaurants are so close.
Front desk staff are very helpful and there is an office area with computers. There is a lounge area with flat screen t.v plus a communal kitchen that is clean and well maintained right beside the office staff. You can buy bottles of water for $1 there but we just drank the tap water and it was fine. The large stainless steel fridge in the kitchen has a water dispenser too.
We took a taxi there from the airport but the driver was clueless how to get there but lucky I had researched on line before our trip and knew where to go and was able to direct him. In this age of technology I have no idea why he didn't have a GPS. He overcharged us too for the ride in his beat up ghetto car! At the end of our vacation on our return trip to the airport I asked for a recommended taxi driver from the hotel and got a way better driver, brand new vehicle and he was much cheaper. Will call him from the start next time. I have his card if anyone needs his name just private message me. He charges only $25 to the Fort Lauderdale airport.
Overall I'd give this place 4 and a half out of 5. A real gem in Hollywood Beach. We booked directly with the hotel on their website rather than using Expedia or other hotel websites.
If you have any questions please feel free to message me.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Good Afternoon Adanac55,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post your honest extensive feedback on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! It seems to me like you had a great time while staying with us! I am glad that you were content with the cleanliness of the room, and that everything worked perfectly fine. Our location is great as we are just steps away from the beach and many bars and restaurants on the strip. I am very glad that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary bikes. It's a perfect way to get around and see the town. I am glad that you ate at Taco Beach Shack. They have excellent food and amazing drink specials! Especially the $1 Margarita Mondays! :) We hope that you come back and stay with us again soon!

White Oak, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

This place is how a beach hotel should be. Cute decor, feels like you are at the ocean. Free bike rentals (bikes are a little old but still useable). You can also use beach umbrellas and boogie boards for free which I thought was great. So many other places charge for use of those things. Now I do have to say, when we were there, it wasn't that crowded. Since free items are given on a first-come, first-served basis, they might not have one for you if busy. There's only so many available. Everyone here is laid back. You can use their computer and print out your boarding passes.

Room was smaller but comfortable and nice colors. Bathroom was small but shower was fine. The only complaint I had was that the towels were paper thin. You might want to bring your own if room in your suitcase. But for the price, you can't go wrong. A hop, skip and jump to the beach. Hollywood Beach is nice - love the nice long Boardwalk that you can ride your bike on. And up a few blocks on the boardwalk, they have free outdoor concerts. Pretty good too.

Room Tip: We had a queen room; not much extra space but adequate.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Good Afternoon Travelpup55,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post your honest feedback on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! I am glad to read that you had a great time while staying with us! I see that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary bike rentals, and the umbrellas and all of the other great amenities that we offer. We are indeed a boutique hotel/hostel therefore our rooms are a bit smaller then your average hotel. We hope to have you stay with us again in the future!

Denver, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed here for a few night pre cruise and it was a nice place to stay. It is not far from the beach and this is nice. We did take the free bikes out for a ride and that was fun. They did have other stuff you could use for free. We stayed in the family room and it was a cute room and had modern decor. The bunk beds were HORRIBLE to sleep on though. The mattresses were not comfortable at all and the beds squeaked so much when anyone on the top moved. Over all the stay was nice and I would stay there again and try a normal room and not the family room. It seemed the adults bed in this room was a little nicer than the bunk beds. For the price though it can not be beat. The food next door was only ok. Not bad but not that great either...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Good Afternoon Rob O,

Thank you for your honest feedback! Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us prior to your cruise. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the complimentary bicycles. They are great to take around and cruise the beach. I am sorry that you were not content with the mattresses that we use for the bunk beds. Can you please provide me with the number to the room that you were staying in. I am very content to read that you would stay with us again and try out a private room. We can't wait to have you stay with us again!

seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

This is in a convenient location, but more of a hostel than a hotel/motel. The toilet didn't flush and the bathroom sink faucet handle was about to fall off. The toilet is about half the height of a normal one, don't know where they found such a strange unit.

It is close to the boardwalk, but other than that doesn't have much going for it.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Hello Ceattle,

Your feedback on Trip Advisor is greatly appreciated! Thank you for taking your time to share it with us! I am glad that you were content with the location of our property! We are centrally located and this is a favorite of all of our guests! Were you able to mention your minor issues to the front desk agent or to the operator? They would have definitely sent a maintenance personal to take resolve this!

Katrine

Been to Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel? Share your experiences!