“Cozy Rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hostel   |   334 Arizona Street, Hollywood, FL 33019   |
“Cozy Rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend just recently stayed there and I was shocked on how clean the rooms were. The front desk agent walked us to our room and told us about the free bikes and beach chairs we can use. YOU CAN'T BEAT THAT! Beds felt super comfortable and it was a good experience. I would definitely come back again :)

• Stayed December 2012
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Hello Eneal,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated! I am very glad to read that you had a 5 star stay while staying with us!!! From your room to the service that you were given and to our amenities- it seemed like you and your boyfriend had a great time. Come back and let us host your getaway again!

We hope to see you soon!

158 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Hamburg, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

This hostel was actually a nightmare. Except that it's close to the beach it hasn't got anything I can recommend. I faced very unfriendly staff, a 12 bed dorm with just one bathroom (couldn't manage to See it from inside, since it was always blocked, what is actually not a wonder, if 12 folks are using one bathroom together), no pillow on my bed, additional 10 Dollar for parking my car (without guarantee for any space), just cold coffee in the morning and finale the social area is just a floor, but not really a place where you can meet other people.
Wouldn't go back again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Hello Jens,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post your honest feedback on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! I am extremely sorry that you didn't have an amazing time while staying with us! I apologize that you were not given A+ service! Do you remember the name of the employee that was attending you? The style of Hollywood is very hostel like. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I am always concerned with the cleanliness of the hotel I stay, so I had read all the reviews about this place and didn't find anything that stops me from booking a private room ( two peas in a pod). But I didn't have the happiest experience:

1. Found some dark spots on the bed sheets + hair so I used my own backup bedding that I had with me.

2. screamed to find a not completely dead cockroach when I opened the fridge (pic attached). When I advised the service desk, the lady just said : "ok, I'll send someone to clean it up" !! and I was like, : is that it? no apologies, no compensation, no way to make up for it? and she said " your booking is prepaid by Expedia" [ I suggest you don't do so, cause if something goes wrong, you can't do anything!], and she continued " I don't understand why you are upset, I said I'll send someone to clean it" !!!...

3. The hostel/hotel asks for a 100$ deposit for possible damage to the appliances in the room. I didn't have a 100$ cash with me so they made a COPY OF MY CREDIT CARD & made me sign a preauthorized withdrawal in case something happens. When I wanted to check out, I asked them to give me the copy they had made from my credit card. But they said " it is necessary that the copy remains in our files for the record". I asked them to at least give me a paper confirmation that my authorization is cancelled, but the lady looked so surprised for such a request, played with the computer for more than half an hour to give me a computer print of the cancellation and finally ( when she couldn't) wrote something on a piece of paper saying that "this credit card will not be charged"...( I am waiting to see what happens on my e-statement)

4. I was in Hollywood to attend a conference. When I checked out, I forgot to take the poster I had presented at the conference with me ( I guess I just wanted to get out of there). I went back a few hours later to get it, but they said there was nothing in your room! (except the conference book that they had kept for me). So they had either threw it away or didn't want to give it to me. Luckily, I didn't need the poster anymore and I was tired to get into another argument with them. so I just said "FINE!"

The location of this place is great, close to beach and easy access to a trolley that takes you to downtown Hollywood for 1$. If you can ignore the cleanliness and poor service, this place might be a good option for a short stay. I wouldn't want to repeat the experience though. Goodluck

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Good Afternoon A S,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we are glad that you chose to share it with us! I am extremely sorry to hear about the spot on the bed. Would you happen to remember the name of the lady that was at the service desk? If not, what she looked like? I would like to make sure that she is well aware of how to give outstanding customer service. In regards to the hold on your card- it is mandatory that we keep a file of your card with us until everything has been released. Your card will not be charged but she as well should have presented you with better service. Was this the same agent that was at the service desk that you spoke with in regards to the roach? I would love for you to give us a second chance if coming to Hollywood again! Please contact me directly and I would love to personally handle your reservation.

Luck, Wi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

It's a great place to stay for adults, but there's nothing for kids...except the beach 1 block away. The location is awesome, being a block away from the beach. The Taco Shack next door has great food. Free bikes, umbrellas, chairs, boogie boards for guests. The bikes aren't the best looking, but their free for guest use. They don't have kids bikes, which I think they should have at least one or two.

I would definitely stay there again. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Don't stay in Room E3 if it's gonna rain. The gutters must've been full because the wate...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Good Afternoon,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated for all of our future guests to read! I am glad that you were able to dine at Taco Beach Shack. They sure whip up some good Mex food there!!! Were you able to use the bikes, umbrellas and the great stuff that we have to rent out- free of charge? I will definitely let our maintenance team know about room E3! Come back and stay with us again!

Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Clean room, renovated, pretty good condition, great price, good service, fun extras like free use of bikes and beach toys. Cool atmosphere. Right near beach. Could hear some traffic but not enough to keep me awake. Towels not abundant or thick. Shampoo etc in pump-style dispensers in shower. Guess you won't run out that way! Would definitely stay again! Parking an extra $10 a night. They say they won't guarantee a spot so you might want to call ahead and verify they will 'save' you one or something.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Good Afternoon,

Your feedback is greatly appreciated! From reading your review it seems like you enjoyed everything about Holly Beach Suites! :) From the room, to the great price, to the good service and fun extras- seems like you had a great time while staying with us! We are conveniently located steps from the beach.
We hope you come back and stay with us again sometime soon!

UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Don't let the word hostel put you off. I booked a single room to myself and it was very good indeed.

A fantastic price with all the services you could hope for. Great location just a stone's throw from the beach. Great sized room. Only issue was a slightly small bathroom.

For an area where location normally only comes with a hefty price tag, this is somewhere you really should consider. Clean, comfortable and affordable. Nice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Good Day,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! It is very much appreciated! I am glad that the single room was great for your fit! I am happy to read that you thought the price was fantastic and that the services were good! We are a walk away from the beach. Were you able to cruise around on the bikes that we rent out complimentary?
Come back to sunny South Florida and stay with us again! We hope to see you soon!

Katrine

Been to Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel? Share your experiences!