“perfect hostel/hotel” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hostel   |   334 Arizona Street, Hollywood, FL 33019   |
Riga, Latvia
“perfect hostel/hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

So close to the beach!!!!! Booked a double room with private bathroom. The room is nice and clean, very good for a hostel standards. For 50$ a night in hollywood beach - perfect. But if you are searching for a quiet, romantic getaway then better try somewhere else.
I recommend.

Room Tip: ask for a room closer to the beach side.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

158 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Plantation, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

This place is truly amazing! It was a small getaway from Planation, Fl. I went with my wife and kids and I can truly say that we definitely enjoyed our stay! The kids enjoyed the sand castle kits and boogie boards. My wife and I enjoyed the bikes that they have for the guest to use. It was so comfortable the kids couldn't get enough of the bunk beds and them having free wifi was a big plus cause my wife can finish her business away from home. Anyone who thinks otherwise is nuts!!! this place is definitely an excitement and the staff were more than welcome to help us. Recommend for everyone!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Coral Springs, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

BEWARE! I had a reservation for over a month. They must have run my credit card incorrectly - they sent me an email telling me it had been declined and that my reservation was canceled. I called immediately, spoke with a man who ran it again and said "No problem, you're all set."

We're headed to the beach tonight for my daughter's 13th birthday... they called just a few minutes ago to tell me that my reservation was canceled. No note that I had called two days ago and that the credit card was just fine. On top of it, they were RUDE and did nothing to try to rectify the situation.

BEWARE THESE CROOKS.... Since it's Cinco de Mayo, they probably charged someone more for the room I had booked a month ago.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I really liked staying here, I will go back
The rooms are decorated very nice, they are a little quirky,but fun.
this would be a great weekend getaway with the family

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012 via mobile

Spent a lot of time in similarly priced accommodation accross Florida and this place really stands out.
The rooms are well appointed and very clean, the wifi, parking and provision of bikes etc are fantastic and there is a really nice feel to the communal areas.
A very enjoyable and relaxing stay only steps from the beach, the adjoining mexican restaurant is also really tasty.
The only thing I would change would be having safes in the rooms,it never felt unsafe etc,but it's nice to have somewhere to put your passports and other unused valuables during your stay.

• Stayed April 2012
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

This place was great for the price. It was almost like camping by the beach, in a good way. When we first arrived, I wasn't sure what to expect. Suprisingly, the room was bigger than I thought. The queen bed was in a separate room from the kids' bunk beds. The "kitchen" was quite small, but it worked. Was perfectly fine for snacks and breakfast etc. Overall the room was ok. It's definitely not a 5 star hotel, but you're on vacation and it's not like you're there to sit in the room. It was a clean place to rest our heads and shower. The floors felt like they could've been swept and cleaned alittle better, but we were in and out with flip flops on constantly, so it didn't bother us too much. It is literally about a 1 minute walk to the boardwalk and beach. I was also suprised to find out when we arrived, that not only did they have surfboards and bikes for hotel use, they had beach towels, chairs, umbrellas, sand toys and boogie boards as well. But get to front desk early in am, otherwise you will miss out on that opportunity. There is also a $10 a day charge for parking. I was not told this when I checked in and they did waive this fee when I checked out. Also, there is 24 hr parking across the street for $5/day. So make sure you are told about parking charges. There are no safes in the room, so I wouldn't recommend bringing too much cash. As far as the boardwalk, we had an absolute blast. Was such an inexpensive vacation with the kids and would definitely do it again!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Taylor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

I was really impressed with the price and location to the beach. The room was clean, well appointed and large for one person - small table and chairs, queen bed, and sofa. I loved the bath tiles and convenient shampoo/conditioner/body wash dispenser in the shower. The staff was very friendly. I regret that I didn't have a chance to take advantage of the free bike and beach chair usage, or the coupon at the restaurant (which I thought was very pretty). I was also happy with the t.v. and internet access. If I go back to the area, I will probably stay here, rather than spend more for a name brand hotel location.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Been to Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel? Share your experiences!