“Good place to stay for a great price! (Jan. 2012)” 5 of 5 stars

You added Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel to your Saves list
Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hostel   |   334 Arizona Street, Hollywood, FL 33019   |
Sedalia, CO
“Good place to stay for a great price! (Jan. 2012)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed in the smaller room and I can say we really liked it. It wasn't right on the boardwalk, which is good, because there can be alot of noise there. We were about 2 small blocks from the beach and all the rooms are ground level, so you can just open your door and drag your cooler to the beach and relax! There is a Mexican restaurant attached with a very big screen TV, so you can eat outdoors there if you don't feel like going out. You can also ask for ice at the restaurant for your cooler, after 9 in the morning. Parking is tight, and they do charge $10, but we never were left without a spot. People are always coming and going so if you don't find a spot, wait an hour or so and you will probably get one. There are free bike rentals, beach towels, boogie boards and chairs, just sign them out in the office. Even charcoal grills if you want to cook and eat at the outdoor tables. They have thought of everything. The room itself was very clean, and the maid came everyday to straighten up. They don't always give enough towels, but just ask and they are more than happy to help. The bathroom is TINY, no problem for us, but some people may not be comfortable with that. The kitchenette is small also, but comes with a very nice fridge and small microwave, dish towel, and Ajax to wash dishes. No hot plate, toaster or coffee maker. Free coffee is in the lobby, definitely dark and thick--bring your own. The flat screen TV with DishNetwork is a bonus. The bed was a queen, stiff but comfortable for us (4 pillows). Closet had room to hang clothes, bring your own hangers. There is an iron and hair dryer as well. The dresser holds a couple of week's worth of clothes. The floor is marble tile, so bring flip-flops or slippers. Decor is blue/yellow/white, easy on the eyes and beachy. The A/C and heat worked great. There is NO POOL, however, and the ocean in Jan. is chilly. So if you must have more luxury, then this is not the place for you. But if you want a nice, clean place to rest your head at night, this is definitely a great bargain! We had a wonderful trip here and no complaints!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Steve_Sbg_Vibe_Mgr, Manager at Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2012
We are happy that you and your husband had a great time in our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We hope to have you stay with us again in the future.

Vibe Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Berkeley, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

I was excited to stay here and made reservations 3 months in advance BUT 3 days before my trip, the hotel unexpectedly cancelled my reservations without explanation and now they say they are already full to book. Beware before making reservations here. They are unreliable!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Christina,

I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced while booking your reservation. We hope to be able to have you stay with us regardless of the experience you had. Please let me know if I can personally help you book your reservation.

Hialeah, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

I recently stopped in to hollywood beach suites just looking for a place to crash for the night, and let me tell you this hotel was great ! The price was not bad for a night in the middle of december and I've got to say I really was impressed with everything that was provided for us. I believe we had free use of bikes and beach accessories like chairs and towels, free wifi, and parking was only 10 dollars for the night ( they even let us park after we checked out so we could get a bite to eat at the beach before we left ). The hotel was very clean and about a minute from the beach, what more could you ask for. I recommend this place to anyone, it was worth every penny...!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Joseph,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are glad that we were able to provide you with exceptional service during your stay in December. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Pointe Claire, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed 2 nights at end of November 2011 and were very pleasantly surprised by how nice everything turned out. The hotel is in a great location, 1 block from Hollywood boardwalk and beach. Our room was very clean and spacious and came equipped with AC, a small fridge and microwave. The staff was really amazing - very friendly and helpful. They definitely made our stay most enjoyable! Thank you!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again in the future.

Pembroke Pines, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

I absolutely loved this place, the hotel staff were extremely friendly and very helpful. I came to Hollywood Beach Suites about a month ago and my stay was nothing short of amazing. Rooms are very nice and very comfortable, it was like a home away from home. I was very surprised at how they treat all the guest and just the plain good hospitality from the staff was great. They have this nice little Taco Beach Shack thats connected to the hotel and I must say it was delicious. I have never had such good burritos in my life and I wish there was that kind of good eats around my neighborhood. I must say if you plan on staying in Hollywood Beach you MUST stop here. The prices are extremely reasonable and the hotel is half a block from the hollywood boardwalk. I welcome anyone to stop off at this hotel and stay a couple night, believe me, you will not want to go home !!! I was very appreciative for all the help received from the hotels front desk staff and the whole team in general. Not to mention you get free bike rentals, free beach chairs / umbrellas and very cheap parking for it being a beach property. The only thing I can think of off the top of my head that I didnt like was the shortage of linen, you pretty much just have to wait till they get to your service for the day. Other than that check this place out !!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay in November. We are glad to hear that our staff was friendly and helpful during your stay. Thank you for staying with us we hope to see you again.

Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

We have been fighting charges with these people since this summer! We (4 teenage kids/2 adults) arrived very late at night. Got the key and unloaded car. Started settling in and daughter noticed hair, a stain & sand in bed. I went in the bedroom and saw gross stain on floor. I called the office which was still open at that time and the guy brought clean sheets over, but didn't bother to put them on...dumped them on the couch/futon style bed. We then debated whether to stay for 1 night (due to the time & having to find another hotel) or just leave. Also noticed top bunk was loose...screw was not all the way in. We then went to pull out the couch/futon and noticed sand in that too. My son went into the bathroom and noticed hair on the soap dispenser and in the shower. We decided to just leave. All of us were grossed out. (Have pix of all of this that I'm about to post). We called the office which was closed by then & left a message saying we were leaving because the room had obviously not been cleaned. The next day we received a call apologizing for the "dirty room" and saying they would "only charge us for one day!" We disputed the charge w/credit card co. Staff told credit card co. we used the beds and bathroom...LIE! Our bill shows that we checked in the SAME NIGHT at Embassy Suites! Staff also lied and said they offered us another room...yet, when I called to discuss this point, I spoke to Joseph, who said "We would have offered you another room if we had one available that night!" This room was the most disgusting room I've ever seen!!! Parking is also terrible...we had to drive around the block several times before we found a spot.

Room Tip: Before you give them credit card, check your beds, room and bathroom thoroughly!!!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
pamgarhollywood, General Manager at Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2011
I am so sorry that you had a bad experience with us and that the room was not well suited for you.
I check every room myself to make sure everything is ok and I actually checked your room twice since you were a late arrival.
Your reservation was for 10 days and we just charged you for one night only because you actually did use the room, but since you were not glad with our premises we did an exemption and DID NOT charge you for the cancellation fee.
Please accept my apologies, we tried our best to accomodate you even after you checked out offering you to come back and choose another room, unfortunately you refused it.
I hope you give us another opportunity to stay with us!
Best regards.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

I have just come back from staying a week in is lovely place stayed in a two peas in a pod room and i have to say it was great staff was was on hand to help with every need Reception was close to my room and it has all the stuff u need free chairs use of bikes and computers behind the desk to use.
A must is to go to the taco shack and the front of the hotel met some locals who said this place place is going to give a shock to the broadwalk with it's great food and prices and the staff was great.
Just remember the broadwalk is over 2 miles long and i should know i walked it people

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
pamgarhollywood, General Manager at Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel and the area. We welcome your feedback and comments. We strive to provide a great experience for all of our guests and find ways to improve our accomodations and service! We hope you can came back soon.
Best regards.

Been to Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel? Share your experiences!