“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   1915 N Ocean Dr., Hollywood, FL 33019   |
Ranked #15 of 25 Hollywood B&B and Inns
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Room was nice, clean, reasonably priced and well located. It's actually a suite that we got! Which I didn't expect. Nice service no roaches and clean everything. Close to young circle and literally RIGHT on the water.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Good location, service, and rooms. Close to restaurants, shopping, restaurants, Close to the water taxi which is higly recomended. Few blocks at Joe's Tiki Bar and Rt A1A.. Spend the whole day touring the area and downtown Ft Lauderdale...

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor w/no 2nd floor are quieter
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

I love hotels that cater to big families and they did exactly that. Big rooms, comfy beds, great staff. I can see why people would leave bad reviews...this is not a marriott. It a nice hotel by the beach with no frills. I will come back

• Stayed October 2012
Clearwater, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I booked through hotels.com this hotel was awful the worst hotel ive ever stayed at even for a low budget hotel. Staff included was nasty. I was being "upgraded" and walking up to my room was scary with the steep stairwell and dirty floors. The room looked like it was from a horror movie. The bathroom did not lock my boyfriend almost got locked in, no towels in the bathroom or hand towels nothing at all. Dirt in the grout on shower. The living area was in the kitchen that was totally out dated and the AC was not working what so ever. Electrical cords laying around everywhere and broken tv. THAT ISNT EVEN HALF OF IT KEEP READING>> The bedroom had horrible bed spread, linen sheets with hairs on them and a the bedroom ac unit was leaking. Then the balcony the staff told me I had was just worse noisy and not a good view with a plant that was not watered, screen for window was laying on porch broken. SO UGLY! I have never been through this as a traveler and all I wanted to do was enjoy my weekend. The staff would not help me but they put me in another horrible room was still very bad but not as horrific. I had nightmares, was sick and will never go back not even if it was free! PLEASE EVERYONE TAKE MY ADVICE I STAYED THERE ON 10/12/2012. THANKS FOR READING

Room Tip: do not stay there!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Warren, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We went into our 4 day stay here with low expectations, and they were met perfectly. We had read the reviews and they were mixed to say the least, but hoped that the negative reviews were written by nit-picky bougie types and that we would enjoy our stay.

So here's the deal, you know going in you're staying at a low end place because of the price, so you shouldn't expect much anyway. And to be fair...about 75% of the hotels/motels on the beach look very similar and are of equal quality in appearance. But this place really does leave a bad taste in your mouth.

Our room was right next door to the office (pretty much the worst location on the property). The room was just dirty in general with dirt and grim on the walls and ceiling. Lucky for us there was a loud window air conditioner just inches from our heads (it helped drown our the extreme noise from the busy road). The room was furnished with the basics (fridge, toaster, microwave, few dishes and silverware) but the tv only got about 10 channels so if you wanna relax watching a movie or something after a long day in the sun...bring a laptop and dvds. The bed wasn't the worst i've ever slept in, but you will still be disappointed.

We tried switching rooms the morning after we arrived and the guy behind the counter was completely unwilling to do anything for us unless we paid another $25 a night for an upgrade. We figured why bother since I'm sure the next room would of been of equal quality. We weren't there at a peak time by any means, and we were there long enough to know the place was not full...not close.

But what really sets this place apart from other places is the horrible customer service. I mean...horrible. Seriously, it sucks. On the day we left I met who I assume is the owner. He was great. Very friendly, and more than willing to hear my complaints and was willing to try and make it right. Too bad this guy doesn't have one single employee who shares his view of trying to make customers feel welcome and comfortable. Several times during our stay while sitting on the patio area to have a smoke...taking in the breathtaking view of a noisy/busy street (tongue firmly planted in cheek) staff members would walk by without smiling, saying hello or acknowledging our existence. It became a running joke about how lovely and friendly everyone seemed.

So to sum it up...the location is good in that its close to the beach, but sucks if you get assigned a room on the main street. Sure seemed like they do that to get you to pop for an upgrade. The people suck unless you get to deal with the owner. But the bottom line is there are so many other choices in the area of better or equal quality that I can't recommend anyone stay here.

We wouldn't go back for free.

Room Tip: Just don't let them put you on the main road unless you have ear plugs
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

I'm a long distance truck driver from Chicago, and I have stayed in hundreds of hotels. This was one of the best experiences I ever had checking in. The young man at the desk took care of me quickly and efficiently, and was as polite as could be. The room was huge and in great shape. And the beach is right down the street. Can't wait to come back.

• Stayed September 2012
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

ABSOLUTELY AWFUL! We booked online, the rooms looked dated but well cared for. Since the moment our tires touched their property it was chaos. There was no parking we were asked to park in a paid spot at our expense while the FD agent called a tow truck so we could have a parking spot. Once inside the room it was a disaster. The stove did not work, there was a large hold in the foil surrounding the downgraded AC unit exposing the room to outside elements, there was a large window in the shower with no window cover. The second car of our property arrived and there were people outside who threatened them if they did not move along. Need less to say for our own safety we left asap. The FD agent Abigail attempted to get us to stay by offering us free beer, which was stored in the coolers next there where they sell pepper spray in their lobby! Were promised a full refund by their FD clerk, along with a call back once it was processed. 4 days later I still have the charge on my card. Still waiting for Abigail to call. At this point I have spoken to another person named Susan who basically told me that I will never be able to call and reach a manager because he is NEVER on property... sincerely frustrated and saddened that places like this are allowed to operate.

Room Tip: Rooms at another hotel are nicer.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hollywood Beach Hotels - Swan? Share your experiences!