“STAY THE HECK AWAY” 1 of 5 stars

348 Indiana Street, Hollywood, FL 33019   |
Ranked #18 of 25 Hollywood B&B and Inns
“STAY THE HECK AWAY”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

THIS PLACE IS DISGUSTING.
Yes, it is a two minute walk to the beach but you sure as heck pay for it. No parking, i had to park two streets over. Ants and bugs EVERYWHERE, sheets looked used upon arrival, walls were filthy, things went missing, you can hear EVERYTHING that people are doing and the list goes on and on. New tile is the only plus to this dumphole. You've been warned.

• Stayed May 2012

11 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Lawrenceville, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Instead of heeding the warnings I read on trip advisor I decided to stay here with my family. OMG this was the worst experience ever. Not only is it dirty and ragedy but it's true the owner rents to all kinds of crazy drunks and drug addicts. Every single morning we were woken up at 6am by them. My husband called them an alarm clock of bums! They were on the porch arguing and fussing loudly. They live there and they just hang out all the time. I had to go out there several times and ask them to keep it down..which of course they didn't. The Russian guy who lives on the property and manages the propety is not only missing teeth but he's missing manners. I had to ask him every day for fresh towels and fresh sheets and he would complain to me and make me bring him the dirty ones as he kept a literal count of every one of them. One day I asked him for sheets and he told me I would have to wait until he finished drying them. That night he still hadn't came so I had to call the owner. He knocks on my door without saying a word..not i'm sorry or sorry I forgot..nothing but just looked at me like he was crazy and rudely threw the towels at me. I was so ready to check out! The only reason we stayed was because my husband had paid upfront for the entire week. I would never had done this without seeing the room first. But it was storming and very late the night we checked in and my husband just wanted to get us out of the rain. Whatever you do DON'T STAY HERE!! it really is as awful as others are saying. There are much better motels on the same block for only a little more and it's worth it. Yes it is close to the beach and the location is great..but it's not worth it. Our room was full of ants and mold. I literally wouldn't walk on the floor without my shoes because it was so unsanitary. I bought cleaning supplies and tried to clean it but even that didn't help much because the room had such a bad smokey smell. I am not one to usually blog on these sites but I felt the need to let others know that this motel doesn't look anything like their website. I will post pics so u can see how raggedy it is.

Room Tip: stay away....try another motel!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Apopka, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is right on the Hollywood Boardwalk so we decided to stay there despite the trip advisor reviews. This place was visibly dirty, the furniture had been eaten away on the corners and there was mold on the bathroom floor and shower curtain. The lock to on the the door appeared to have been forced open on several occasions and the a/c unit was not adequate to cool the room. We had to call a number to be let in and the man didn't know what he was doing and quickly became angry at us for not being satisfied with the room. He then told us there were no nearby rooms and that our credit card would be charged weather we stayed or not. We had no choice but to spend the night and we were terrified.

• Stayed March 2012
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

The price was definitely right for being very close and walking distance to the beach. Motel is a half block from the beach, very accessible. Rooms appeared to be very clean. As a single male looking for quite accommodations near the beach, I was overall not disappointed. I would recommend this as a family place to stay too.Plenty of families there.Really quite place.I never heard any noise after 8 pm. During the day the boardwalk is heavily populated and appears very safe.There are a lot of small restaurants an shops around.Finally, I would say that if you want to spent few days near the beach and don't pay more than it worth is safe and clean place that i recommend.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011 via mobile

Horrible motel, management rents rooms to mostly prostitutes, drunks or drug addicts. When you leave your room thinking cause u locked the door no one will be allowed in..WRONG.. Management will unlock your door and allow the local drug addict to go through your things!!

• Stayed July 2011
Vienna, Austria
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

Fortunately stayed only for 1 night (our last before departure) and that was already enough...First thing the guy at the front desk said to us was "hello and 88 $ a night". When we entered the room the lights did not work but maybe that would have been better anyway because the furniture and the fridge are from the early last century. Cracks on the walls everywhere, stuck door, broken lights, torn towels, 1 hanger only, suspicious linen...We chose to better get some sleep on the plane than in that bed! Our tip: search for the hostel in the near neighborhood! ;-)

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Hollywood, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

I am rating this place average because I stayed here alone and can tolerate most things for short periods. However if I was with my wife of family, it would have gotten the lowest rating, here is why. You get what you pay for. Its close to the beach on a nice safe street, ,in fact this area is generally safe as its mostly visitors, not many locals.Not saying locals are scary, but in Florida, you got to be careful. If your East of Federal Highway 1, most of the time your safe down this way. The manager, a young male, was very nice. Unfortunately the room was filthy upon check-in. I dont know how any owner of any motel let anyone checkin to a room that is not clean, and it wasnt because the maid has not come yet, it was so called ready to rent. I didnt trust a thing, so i went to Walmart nearby and spent $20 for a pillow, zippered mattress cover, ,sheet a bath towels and then told cleaning person not to clean my room as I did myself to my standards. If your find yourself here, DO THIS! I traveled alone, ,but would not bring my Wife or kids here with the filth. Bathtub is nasty, blinds on most wndows are broken, had to hang bedspread up for privacy. There is air cond. in the room, but no heat, and it got cold at night, ,in the 50's. burrr.... There are many nicer places for just a little more with direct beachfront access all over the place, but are not on the internet. Side note: There is a lot of construction being done on sidestreets south of Johnson Street, ok on weekends, but noisy during the week. This street, Indiana had none, but I would ask before you book.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Been to Sun & Surf Motel? Share your experiences!