“Never ceases to amaze me!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bougainvillea on the Beach

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hollywood
Bougainvillea on the Beach
2813 North Surf Road, Hollywood, FL 33019   |
Ranked #4 of 25 Hollywood B&B and Inns
Miami, Florida
“Never ceases to amaze me!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

I'm back in my home-away-from home. I love the renovations...the rooms and the patio look amazing!!! The bright colors make for an invigorating and relaxing atmosphere. As always, Claudia and her staff make me feel right at home with their hospitality. Her staff is so welcoming and accommodating. Most importantly, their manners are impeccable!!! My only problem is, I don't want to leave. I so look forward to my stay every year. Thanks to the Herzog's and their staff. Love you guys!!!

• Stayed July 2013

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I recently stayed at Bougainvillea, and by far, the best, no hassle, laid back, beautiful place I have stayed. Claudia set me up in the office as a walk in, I wandered in after looking at a not so great place up the road. I stayed for three wonderful weeks on the beach. They put me in a room with a wired ethernet connection so I could set up my own WiFi, changed towels everyday, took out the trash. The staff is smiling and friendly, good international client base, made a few friends along the way. When you step out the back gate of the beautiful yard, the Hollywood Beach Boardwalk is 10 steps away, unless you stay at the Seadowns, their next door property, which is ON the boardwalk. Barbeque grills are kept in great shape, filled with gas. One of the things I thought was neat, was when guests leave beach chairs and umbrellas, instead of throwing them out, they save them, and have them in a location available to other guests. Waste not want not. I left a chair o donate to the program, hopefully someone gets the use out of it as we did others. I have to travel to the area for work often enough, and I will be staying here again, even if I have to pay the season rates, it's just too great a place, location, fantastic staff and owners to pass up for anything else. For the location, it's 5 minutes walk down the boardwalk to the excitement but just up the way enough to be quite. I managed to ride my bike most days down one end to the Dania Beach Pier and back to the other end of the board walk for about 12 miles each day. It was relaxing and a productive place to be. Thank you Claudia and her staff for everything! See y'all next time!
Andy

Room Tip: Check out the rooms available. I was walked around to the various open rooms, and they are decorated...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Litchfield, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Went looking for a place to spend a few days on the beach. Found this place and booked a 3 night stay. It is perfect. quiet. safe.
The apartment was immaculate - stocked with all the essentials for cooking in. the bed was comfy. the futon in the living area was perfect.
The managers were always accessible. polite. very hospitable.helpful
Laundry facilities on site was excellent. we certainly needed the washer and dryer.
Great place to stay. on the beach.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The Bougainvillea met all of our expectations--- the apartment was VERY clean and modern with a well equipped kitchen. The owner and staff were very friendly and accommodating. The
garden area was great too.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We recently spent two weeks at this apartment motel and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

- It's located 1 short block from the beach, so you have instant access to the beach hen you want it and yet total privacy when you need it.

- There is a very private pool, totally sheltered on windy days. It's quite small with limited sitting space, so you will need to plan ahead.

- The room we had (efficiency) was spacious enough for two people and very bright. Actually, at night we hung blankets in the windows to cover the ever present bright street lights! Lots of storage space, small sitting area and eat-in kitchen table. A modern bathroom (although no exhaust fan - just open the window). A ceiling fan and A/C unit to keep you cool when needed. We had a really noise fridge, but that's just bad luck. Towels are changed daily, but a full cleaning is done only weekly.

- It's perfectly located: walking distance to some shops and restaurants (15 minutes), but far enough away to be quiet at night. The stone boardwalk is beautiful and you can walk about 1/2 hr in each direction to reach the end. A grocery store is about 10 minutes by car and access to the highways about 20 minutes.

- The owners and housekeeping staff were very friendly, helpful and always available.

Highly recommend this establishment!
Book early, since there seem to be a lot of repeat clients!

Room Tip: Anyone coming back to their apartments in the courtyard as well as the housekeeping staff, will have...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Since we were headed to Miami for a football game, we decided to take the week off to chill out before the weather chills us. Everyone that works at this boutique style hotel was friendly and helpful especially Trudy who maintains the office on the weekends and Debbie who did our housekeeping. I really appreciated Debbie's respect towards our privacy yet always available for anything we needed. The location was perfect for us and our R&R agenda. Our small efficiency was recently redone. Mind you, there is nothing luxurious about it, but I think sometimes when you desire nothing more than R&R, simple works best. Our small efficiency was the perfect size for the two of us - a kitchen with basics, a small dining table, a sitting area (loveseat & chair) and a king size bed. I was a bit worried about the bed comfort because it's 2 twins pushed together, but we slept fine. The Sea Downs and the Bougainvillea were under renovation while we were there but only once did that impact our stay. One morning, we were shaken out of bed by a very loud banging. The mason workers were sledge hammering the exterior wall under a window which happened to be just 2 feet away from my head! I jumped out of bed startled, pulled up the blinds and asked them to stop for a little while - and they did - which we appreciated! Our room had tile throughout - a nice bathroom with a a pretty forceful shower head but there is no exhaust fan. And I couldn't see myself in the mirror because I wasn't tall enough! (5'4) The stove is free standing in the middle of the room and there is no exhaust fan there either - just a smoke alarm that I set off twice while cooking. :o) We checked out the pool and it was clean but we didn't use it. It's in an odd location and not very appealing especially when the ocean is at your door.

Improvements that we would like to see;

A separate area, away from the guest areas, for the staff to take their cigarette breaks.

We stayed at a hotel in Naples that provided bicycles, beach chairs, beach umbrellas, noodles, rafts, sand toys, all free of charge. Maybe the owners should consider providing these items via a deposit like they do with the beach towels. The chairs and umbrellas left by previous guests were limited and in awful shape; dirty, rusty, and torn because they are left outside. Bicycles with locks would be awesome for that daily broadwalk ride ... again available for use via deposit.

On a final note: we will definitely return! I researched most of the smaller hotels along the broadwalk, and the Sea Downs / Bourgainvillea property is by far, better maintained than most. We considered 2 other popular hotels/inns and honestly, we were so happy we made the right choice once we saw where we 'could have been'. This place is truly a gem and one that will only become even more polished with time, I'm sure!

Room Tip: Two suggestions: 1. We stayed in Unit 6, which is the first room as you enter the courtyard. Next...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Pennsville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

This was my first visit to the Hollywood Beach area, and, I was extremely pleased with the Bougainvillea. There were just two of us staying and the efficiency we had was brand new and beautifullly decorated. It was perfect for 2 people. The patio area was cute and had tables/chairs/grill. The hotel offers beach chairs at no cost, however, should you want beach towels you need a deposit. The staff was more than happy to assist with our airline checkin and printing of our boarding passes the day before our departure. The location doesn't provide a beach view, however, its only steps to the broadwalk and beach which was convenient. The pool is quiet and clean and had pool floats, tubes, etc for use. I really liked the fact that the hotel was located on the quieter end of the broadwalk as well. We only stayed 3 nights, and, you don't get full maid service, however, they do change towels daily and empty the trash daily. Only downside is that the wifi wasn't the greatest and if it rains don't expect many television channels. I would definitely recommend the Bougainvillea!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Bougainvillea on the Beach? Share your experiences!