“The Price Was Right” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bougainvillea on the Beach

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hollywood
Bougainvillea on the Beach
2813 North Surf Road, Hollywood, FL 33019   |
Ranked #3 of 25 Hollywood B&B and Inns
New Jersey
“The Price Was Right”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Since we were headed to Miami for a football game, we decided to take the week off to chill out before the weather chills us. Everyone that works at this boutique style hotel was friendly and helpful especially Trudy who maintains the office on the weekends and Debbie who did our housekeeping. I really appreciated Debbie's respect towards our privacy yet always available for anything we needed. The location was perfect for us and our R&R agenda. Our small efficiency was recently redone. Mind you, there is nothing luxurious about it, but I think sometimes when you desire nothing more than R&R, simple works best. Our small efficiency was the perfect size for the two of us - a kitchen with basics, a small dining table, a sitting area (loveseat & chair) and a king size bed. I was a bit worried about the bed comfort because it's 2 twins pushed together, but we slept fine. The Sea Downs and the Bougainvillea were under renovation while we were there but only once did that impact our stay. One morning, we were shaken out of bed by a very loud banging. The mason workers were sledge hammering the exterior wall under a window which happened to be just 2 feet away from my head! I jumped out of bed startled, pulled up the blinds and asked them to stop for a little while - and they did - which we appreciated! Our room had tile throughout - a nice bathroom with a a pretty forceful shower head but there is no exhaust fan. And I couldn't see myself in the mirror because I wasn't tall enough! (5'4) The stove is free standing in the middle of the room and there is no exhaust fan there either - just a smoke alarm that I set off twice while cooking. :o) We checked out the pool and it was clean but we didn't use it. It's in an odd location and not very appealing especially when the ocean is at your door.

Improvements that we would like to see;

A separate area, away from the guest areas, for the staff to take their cigarette breaks.

We stayed at a hotel in Naples that provided bicycles, beach chairs, beach umbrellas, noodles, rafts, sand toys, all free of charge. Maybe the owners should consider providing these items via a deposit like they do with the beach towels. The chairs and umbrellas left by previous guests were limited and in awful shape; dirty, rusty, and torn because they are left outside. Bicycles with locks would be awesome for that daily broadwalk ride ... again available for use via deposit.

On a final note: we will definitely return! I researched most of the smaller hotels along the broadwalk, and the Sea Downs / Bourgainvillea property is by far, better maintained than most. We considered 2 other popular hotels/inns and honestly, we were so happy we made the right choice once we saw where we 'could have been'. This place is truly a gem and one that will only become even more polished with time, I'm sure!

Room Tip: Two suggestions: 1. We stayed in Unit 6, which is the first room as you enter the courtyard. Next...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Pennsville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

This was my first visit to the Hollywood Beach area, and, I was extremely pleased with the Bougainvillea. There were just two of us staying and the efficiency we had was brand new and beautifullly decorated. It was perfect for 2 people. The patio area was cute and had tables/chairs/grill. The hotel offers beach chairs at no cost, however, should you want beach towels you need a deposit. The staff was more than happy to assist with our airline checkin and printing of our boarding passes the day before our departure. The location doesn't provide a beach view, however, its only steps to the broadwalk and beach which was convenient. The pool is quiet and clean and had pool floats, tubes, etc for use. I really liked the fact that the hotel was located on the quieter end of the broadwalk as well. We only stayed 3 nights, and, you don't get full maid service, however, they do change towels daily and empty the trash daily. Only downside is that the wifi wasn't the greatest and if it rains don't expect many television channels. I would definitely recommend the Bougainvillea!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

This was the first time in Hollywood Florida and I would definately go back to this apartment. It was very clean and Debbie couldn't have been more helpful. It's just about 20 yards from the ocean and boardwalk. It even had 2 chairs and an umbella to use during my time there. I would definately recommend this place to all my friends if they would go to Hollywood Florida. I know I will be back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

My family rented 3 rooms here for a week visit to Hollywood Beach Fl. ( 2- one bedroom and
1 - two bedroom ) the rooms have all been updated very nicely. Every evening my family would find it's way to the courtyard to sit and chat. We really enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Englewood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

My stay at the Bougainvillea was just as I expected. It was clean, comfortable and reasonably priced. The management and staff actually cares about their property...a rare find in lodging these days, and I was treated very well. Just steps from the beach my recently remodeled room was just great. Without question my visits to Hollywood will have me staying at the Bougainvillea.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I'm back in my "home away from home". Thank you Claudia. As always you and your staff welcome me with open arms and really make me feel like I'm a part of the family. Thank you for keeping my Rm. 1 spotless and beautiful as always. When I come here, all I have to do is bring myself because you always provide me with all the amenities a guest needs...from beach chairs to umbrellas to keep me cool under the beautiful sun. Congratulations on your purchase of the next door building. I saw the rooms and they are beautiful. Opening up the patio area has made this place even better and more beautiful than ever. Every time I come back, I see more improvements. This place is like vintage wine, it just gets better with time. It feels good to be "home" again!

Room Tip: I really like rm. 1 at the Bougainvillea because you have a beautiful view of the ocean right from y...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012 via mobile

This is our first stay at the Bougainvillea. What a nice place to stay close to the beach but 'away from the energy' once the day is over. We have rented a one bedroom appartment which was beautifully renovated with a great looking kitchen and a very nice and clean bathroom. Loved the big shower.
We arrived pretty late due to flight delays and Debbie had made herself available to accomodate our late arrival. Thank you Debbie, it was very nie of you.
This room was clean, great looking and equiped with everything you need, fridg, oven, coffee machine, toaster, microwave and a Lcd tv.
Stepping out of the room into a nice private backyard with a beautifull surrounding offering us chairs, tables and a bbq where we cooked almost every evening. For me this backyard was the highlight of the place.
We loved the fact that we could stay on the beach all day, have lunch in our room (taking a break from the hot sun) and back on the beach for the rest of the afternoon.
Denise was very helpfull with advise on what to visit during our stay. Very friendly staff.

Overall we felt right at home and would definately recommend this place even for long stays.
We will come back no questions there.

Stayed April 2012

Been to Bougainvillea on the Beach? Share your experiences!