“I Love This Place!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bougainvillea on the Beach

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hollywood
Bougainvillea on the Beach
You added Bougainvillea on the Beach to your Saves list
2813 North Surf Road, Hollywood, FL 33019   |
Ranked #3 of 28 Hollywood B&B and Inns
Sebastopol, California
“I Love This Place!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

I always stay at the Bougainvillea when I go to Florida, once or twice a year since 2005. I grew up in the Hollywood FL area, and my mother still lives near there, in Coconut Creek. I tried a few different hotels before finding the Bougainvillea, which suits me perfectly.

The Bougainvillea--and its sister hotel Sea Downs across the street where my wife and I also stayed--is a delight. It's clean, it's got character, the apartments are spacious, comfortable, light-filled. It's a "real" place, not a corporate hotel. Service is terrific. I've gotten to know the people there over the years and they always remember me. Every room/apartment has its own personality, including comfy living room furniture and full kitchen. It's like being in a sweet little Florida apartment, right on the beach. All the cleanliness and dependability of the Holiday Inn/Mariott type of place (without the elevators, horrifying hallways, and corporate environment) but with the character and ambiance of a unique, well-loved, longstanding hotel. It's a home away from home for me. Oh, and did I mention very reasonably priced??

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
RI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for a week. We totally enjoyed our studio apartment and certainly found it large enough for our needs. I was impressed at how exceptionally clean it was when we entered. The best part was that we were able to take advantage of cooking light meals and having had supermarkets near by made that quite easy. It was great to leave the beach and go back to our room for a quick meal and return to the beach if we wanted to. In addition, having the free use of beach umbrellas, lounge chairs, and beach towels (with deposit) was a welcomed addition. I would highly recommend the Bougainvillea on your next trip to Hollywood Beach.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Bougainvillea on the Beach? Share your experiences!