“Great price, good food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Takeout, Buffet
Weston, Florida
“Great price, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

The cleanliness and atmosphere may not be the best, but with this type of food at this price you can't complain. We had great customer service and our food came out so fast. I had the bistec de empanizada and it was delicious! My husband had the fried fish, definitely big enough for two. Or someone that eats as much as my husband ;) will definitely be coming back here again

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

81% Recommend
Baltimore, Maryland
“If the Cubans are eating here, you should be too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

My friend found this place the last time she visited Hollywood. It looked like about everyone who works or eats at Senor Cafe is Cuban (a good sign that the food's good).

Not fancy, and you seat yourself, but the waiters/waitresses are quick and attentive, and they speak English if you don't speak Spanish. For lunch one day, my friend had a Cuban sandwich which she enjoyed and I had a BLT. Let me tell you, this is not your regular BLT. On a toasted roll, the sandwich was piled high with bacon! I'm not kidding. And when we had breakfast a few days earlier, the scrambled eggs filled half the plate and the bacon the other half. I guess I should have known what to expect.

If you're worried about cholesterol, don't even bother! But that BLT was the best I've ever tasted, and I'm sure anything you order from the menu will satisfy. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Oh, and like many restaurants in Florida, you can get fresh squeezed OJ (not as bad for your arteries as the ham and bacon). Enjoy!!!!

Visited April 2013
Miami, Florida
“NEVER AGAIN”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

First time there based on Yelp reviews. 6:40pm on a Saturday night. Not busy at all. We seated ourselves and waited almost 10 minutes for our waitress to show up. We asked some questions about different dishes and she seemed not to know much about them. For an appetizer, I ordered plantain chips with garlic and oil (Mariquitas). My wife ordered Filetill Pollo Ajillo (Garlic Chicken). I ordered Chicken Milanesa (Chicken cutlet covered with ham and cheese). Both came with 2 sides. 15 minutes later, and no chips, I reminded the waitress they were supposed to come out BEFORE the main dishes and she acted like she had forgotten them. Still not busy. These should be served warm but had sat waiting for her to pick them up so they were cold. Even though we took our time eating them the main courses came out just as we were finishing them. What did she bring?? 2 of MY dishes! So we had to send one back and wait for my Wife's to finally come out correctly which turned out to be very bland with hardly no garlic flavor. Mine turned out to be a flattened chicken breast heavily breaded and deep fried. No flavor. We both have had these dishes at other restaurants which were much better than here. The portions were large and the price was fine. $20.20 less tax, no drinks. After waiting 15 minutes for our check, my wife went to find our waitress and she was behind a divider wall eating. We will NOT be back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Ft Lauderdale
“Went twice in two days!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I had stopped at this place in a previous visit to Florida and in my very last trip I had to go twice in two days because I could not have enough of it. From the tasty food to the friendly attendants, and from the interesting patrons sitting at the counter to the characters stopping at the window for coffee, it's all good, fun and satisfying. In my next trip I'm planning to go again and try their buffet and try all those delicious plates that make me... oh... so hungry now!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Rustic and fresh Cuban food in a humble pathmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Had limited time before a commitment and cruising by we noticed Señor Cafe.
Sit your self the sign read. We did and a attractive server came to our table. I ordered a Corona beer and my husband the house Pinot Noir. For Entree I ordered the grilled snapper which it was
Accompanied with onions and red peppers, black beans on the side and broccoli. Very tasty and fresh. My husband ordered fry shrimp with to stones. He found it tasty.

• Visited January 2013