“Horrible and overpriced” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Horrible and overpriced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

The windows couldn't be locked. The door didn't have a striker plate. If you pulled hard enough, it would open. Not dirty but not clean either. Had roaches. Beds were uncomfortable.

Room Tip: Don't get room 10.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Perrine, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

My Family & I booked 5 rooms for my mothers 79th birthday. where to start, arrival, they had nothing ready. we got the rooms, they were not toghether as we had asked for in advance. The rooms were not clean, one of the rooms(my Moms) had no airconditioning, the other rooms had very poor airconditioning, and my sisters room had a gas leak which the office ignored and we had to call the fire department and they capped off the gas lines and no one was available to respond in the office emergency number, so my sister and her 2 grandchildren had to bunk with the rest of us. next day spoke to manager and he basically said sorry about our luck. we asked for a discount which he refused to do. really if you want a good time with your family DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

I stayed at this hotel and i found it to be quite comfortable. Yes the a/c might be a little loud, but i found it to be quite normal. This was a great location, loved the fact that as soon as i walked out of the room you could just stare at a beautiful ocean and its amazing beaches. This beach so far has been the most beautiful i been to. The rooms were clean, and if there was anything wrong the costumer service was outstanding, if i ever needed to get anything taken care of, they were more than happy to accommodate me.

Room Tip: I stayed in a catercorner room, i feel that this were the best rooms to select from. they gave lots...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Berlin, Berlin, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

We were a week ago for three days in this motel and the only one I can say: NEVER AGAIN! It was terrible. The apartment was dirty, so first we cleaned the wash-basin in kitchen and bathroom, cleaned the toilet and only dared to shower with flip flops. The tableware and silverware were disgusting too. Not to mention the drawers the stuff was inside. Our good mood was more than over

The aircondition (or what ever this should be) seems to be from 1922 or older and was so loud, so you thought your bed stands next to a truck. We tried to sleep the first night with the aircondition on, but didn't close one eye despite earplugs and pillow ON the head! So we tried the next week with silence and sweat. Oh, nearly I had forgotten to tell, so we didn't hear the thunderstorms because of the a/c ! Awesome, isn't it !?!

The staircase to the apartments leads directly to rubbish containers, where we were greeted by cockroaches and a sickening stench like vomited. A bug sais IN the apartment also HELLO.

We like Florida and we travel from Germany every year to Florida, but this never happend before! The first time we were happy, to fly back home!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011 via mobile

i stayed there for 2 weeks and had a great time, I loved it! The rooms are nice sized and as clean as you could keep a motel on the beach, the guys in the t-shirt store were very helpful whenever I needed something (&very attractive) hopefully I could go there next year.

• Stayed June 2011
hh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I can agree on all points with Joshua, so to keep it short: At La Terrace, we stayed in a fairly clean (I didn't mind killing two bugs on arrival) but run down apartment room with some kitchen appliances in them. The AC is noisy and if you turn off yours in order to get some sleep, you still hear the one next door. The location is perfect right by the shore and 2 out of 4 free parking spaces were avaiable. WIFI and one of the lamps did not work. There's no breakfast and the owner wasn't helpful. A really nice Italian breakfast place is in walking distance though.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

Every so often, you run across a situation where the people in responsible charge are either totally clueless or complete idiots about knowing what their occupation is all about. So with that in mind I am going to talk about La Terrace in Hollywood.

The location is perfect. Its just a few blocks down from the bandshell and is located above a restaurant, an ice cream stand, and a tee-shirt store which also happens to be owned by the same fellow as the hotel. The hotel is about 15 rooms on the second floor. There is a large concrete terrace in front of the rooms that looks out over the beach. There are plenty of chairs and tables for the guest to enjoy the weather and to mingle with others. Very nice setting.

I never had any trouble finding a parking space in one of the designated hotel spaces.

Our room was fairly clean, and we decided to say in this review that it was "clean enough." Certainly better than the cruddy room at The Riptide that we stayed at in 2009. There was a bit of mold in the crevices in the bathroom, the door jamb was rotted out near the tub from years of showers with low quality shower curtains, but in general I didn't feel like I had cooties crawling up my legs whenever I walked barefoot around the room.

The entry door to the unit was so old, the steel was rotting out from under the 15 coats of sickly blue paint on it. Our deadbolt wasn't lined up properly in the jamb because of years of sagging, so no deadbolt security for us. Walls were paper thin between units, or, our next door neighbor was the loudest snorer on the face of the planet.

I think the innkeeper's goal was to do the bare minimum regarding amenities. The wireless internet was useless, luckily he had a cat-5 hardwired outlet in our room. (Must have gotten tired of everyone complaining.) The tv was a 19" oldie-but-goodie. The remote didn't work, but he gave us another that partially worked. I couldn't adjust the volume, nor turn the tv on and off using the remote. An annoyance, yes, but why does the remote always work when you go to one of them thar luxury places like a Motel 6? The "fully stocked" kitchenette consisted of a dirty handful of mismatched flatware, a couple (no exaggeration) of glasses, two rusty and worn away skillets that had grease on them, no dishwashing soap, no sponge, no scouring pad, no paper towels, a refrigerator that leaked a good sized puddle of water on the floor every morning, cupboards that hadn't been cleaned in a year, etc., etc., ad nauseum.

Within an hour of us checking in, we went to the Publix and bought dishsoap and handiwipes and gave the kitchennette a good wipe-down. But we still refused to use the skillets for anything. They were just too gross for us.

Daily linens consisted of two rust-stained, threadbare, and holy hand towels per day. How inconsiderate of me to expect an oversupply of fluffy bath towels, hand towels, facecloths that smelled fresh and new!

So whats the bottom line here? If you go to Hollywood, expect to pay around $200 a night for something that is civilized. Below that, you are in bargain basement land that isn't worth the grief. I think this innkeeper would be better suited to running a boarding house than an oceanfront hotel. What a waste of potential.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to La Terrace 600 Plaza Motel? Share your experiences!