“Clean. Gorgeous pool. Average plus 1.” 4 of 5 stars

Holiday Inn Hollywood Beach
2711 South Ocean Dr., Hollywood, FL 33019   |
Ranked #23 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
Freeport, Maine
“Clean. Gorgeous pool. Average plus 1.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Shuttle service. Super clean hotel. Pool area is gorgeous, especially at night, although there is a bar there is no service at the bar. ? Pool towels are available at the front desk. Internet service in the business center is super slow. Wish there was free continental breakfast, or snacks or something, only a buffet which was mediocre at best. Location is not ideal without a car, taxi ride is $16 to Hollywood Beach. Wish the restaurant was open earlier in the evening. My roommate did not like that the bed pillows are half size. No fan in the bathroom. No patio/balcony. Even though the hallways are carpeted there is a bit of noise of closing doors, but that doesn't really bother me much. Overall average plus 1. Bring a book for poolside, it's that great. Because the hotel is frequented by so many business travelers the pool area is nearly abandoned during the day.

Room Tip: Not sure room location is relevant. Poolside was helpful so you can take a quick peak at who was the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

My hjusband and I were recent guests at this hotel as we were connecting to a cruise. The hotel was highly recommended. I can see why. My husband and I were more than satisfied with our room which was very comfortable. The staff was very pleasant. If we were back in the area, we would return to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed here for one month. This hotel isn't one of the nice Holiday Inns. It's old, elevators falling apart, cracked tiles, cracked walls, rooms out of date. The sink is outside the bathroom, so that was a major issue when my husband had to be at work at 4am. He woke all of us up, including small children, at 3 in the morning shaving at the sink in front of the beds with all the lights on. The AC picks up smells from other rooms. The air smell like sewer. I had to keep the AC off as much as possible. I'm glad it's still cool enough to do that, about 80 degrees outside. The laundry room has 2 washers and 2 dryers for the hundreds of people staying here. Washing clothes is a battle, includes having to make several trips to the laundry to make sure the line is clear. The maids speak no English. They failed to change my sheets several times. The beds are typical uncomfortable Holiday Inn beds. We haven't slept a minute since we got here. The restaurant food is no good. We had dinner there once, the food was cold and inadequate. There really is no service here. The people at the desk are so busy, there is no time for any kind of service to the client. This hotel is ok if you are on a tight budget and willing to put up with all this and if you can't afford to stay anywhere else. This would have been a place I probably would have stayed at during my single college days when I was broke. I just don't think it's appropriate if you have a family.

Room Tip: I would try looking for a suite if you can afford it.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Stayed here for a night before boarding a cruise ship. Safe, clean and well appointed rooms await room. There's a Denny's across the street but not much else. There is also a convenience store at the service station (next to the hotel).

Free transfers to the Fort Lauderdale piers every 30 minutes from 9 to 1 pm.

Room Tip: Pool side would be better
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel prior to my cruise its lovely! Rooms were very nice. Staff was professional and helpful. Location is not to favorable but overall I enjoyed
My stay.

• Stayed December 2011

Been to Holiday Inn Hollywood Beach? Share your experiences!