“BEST FLORIDA HOLIDAY” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 66 hotels in Hollywood
toronto on
“BEST FLORIDA HOLIDAY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

In the many years we have come to Hollywood Beach this is indeed a superior lodging.
The best view of the beach and ocean . The family that owns this inn make every effort to
make sure you enjoy your stay. The cleanest I have been to thanks to Gerry.
We plan to come back 2 or 3 times a year.

Thanks Donna Dwayne Thomas and Gerry

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Mantaray07, Owner at Manta Ray Inn, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
It was a delight to have you both back at your new home away from home!! Cannot wait until your return! The ocean is so calm today you would love it and I do not want to tell you how beautiful the weather is!! See you soon.

229 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Monson, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

We stayed here January 21-28 2012, and neither of us wanted to leave at the end! We had wanted a hassle-free, laid back beach stay, and this was just what we were looking for. The location is just south of the "boardwalk" in Hollywood, and tucked in amongst various condo buildings, so the beach is much more peaceful and less crowded than up near the bigger resorts. The room was great, having the full kitchen allowed us to go grocery shopping on the first day (there is a Super Walmart and several grocery stores nearby) and then prepare our own breakfast and lunch most days, saving us from having to leave the beach in the perfect weather. Parking is convenient (and free), and you'll definitely want a car staying here, as there isn't much for food or shopping in what I would call the immediate area.

The rest of the room was equally well appointed, with a large flatscreen TV in the full living room, and very comfortable beds in the separate bedroom. Also, bonus points since it was full, regular Cable TV, and not the crappy, limited channel setup you normally find in larger hotels. The HDMI ports were also open and accessible, so bring along a cable and you can pop your laptop on there to stream netflix or whatever. The wifi also worked great, and was again much faster than you normally find in larger places.

The housekeeper Gerry did a great job keeping the place spotless (he even did our dishes!), and the whole property was just generally neat and clean. A few days removed, and we're already looking forward to our next trip back!

Room Tip: Probably not worth the extra $$ for the "ocean front" rooms, especially the first floor on...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Mantaray07, Owner at Manta Ray Inn, responded to this review, February 9, 2012
Delighted that you had such a great time with us at the Manta Ray Inn!! Your comments definitely made a difference to Thomas and Gerry!!! I think they even blushed a little bit at how impressed you were with the service! As an owner, your comments are and gratitude are what have kept Dwayne and I in this business for 20 years. We have always tried to stay in each apartment at least once during the year to get a feel for what our customers need and deserve!! I am glad we were able to provide you with the well deserved holiday and comfort that you deserve!! Please stay in touch and come and see us again soon!!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012 via mobile

I wanted the beach. I wanted the ocean. I got both at the Manta Ray Inn. Not to mention an 84F pool and spacious quarters. Big screen TVs, full living room and comfortable beds. The business is run by a family that cares. Cleaned to perfection. A long walk to shops and restaurants but well worth it. In short, I'll return. I like the Manta Ray Inn. Eric Shapiro - Toronto

• Stayed January 2012
Mantaray07, Owner at Manta Ray Inn, responded to this review, January 28, 2012
it was so nice to have a fellow Canadian with us at the Manta Ray Inn and we are thrilled that you enjoyed the service that our family and staff provided for you. I certainly made sure that Gerry and Thomas read your review and I will be watching for your return to the Manta Ray!! Bring your friends and perhaps on your next visit you may want to consider renting a bike! It is convenient and I think you would love it!. Keep in touch!
Quebec City, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

I finally found it, paradise is located at 1715 S Surf Road, Hollywood, Florida! Manta Ray Inn is really a cozy place. The sea is amazing, owners are helpfull. The rooms are clean and Gerry is a great housekeeper. Thank you Dwayne, Dona and Thomas for this marvelous vacation,

Très bel endroit, Le meilleur à Hollywood/ The best in Hollywood,

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Mantaray07, Owner at Manta Ray Inn, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Sorry sorry that I missed responding to your wonderful comments!! Definitely hope that we see you again this winter!!
Sarasota, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

It's such a lovely place to stay! It's right on the beach and it has such a homey feel to it! You almost feel like you're staying with family! The service is incredible! The staff goes out of their way to make sure you have everything you need. It's also part of the Florida's Superior Small Lodging Association. You need to check this out. You'll find a list of hotels known for superior quality, excellent service and very clean rooms! I've stayed in a few SSL hotels and I always have the same wonderful experience. It's consistent which is important to me. I know what I'm getting when I book my hotel! Thank you Manta Ray for making my experience so delightful!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

I was lured in by the #2 TripAdvisor rating, and it did not disappoint. The location is awesome -- right on the beach! The staff could not have been more accommodating and even went out of their way to welcome me and make me feel right at home after a long journey and my late arrival. The housekeeper brought me seashells from the beach every day, which was great as I was in town on business and did not have much time to explore on my own. I would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Mantaray07, Owner at Manta Ray Inn, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
So glad that you were lured in and not at all disappointed. Definitely enjoyed meeting you and it is always a pleasure to make a new customer a friend. Although you were working the entire time our staff made every effort to anticipate your needs and look after you. We cannot wait to have you return when you can really enjoy the ocean!
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

We have been staying in the Manta Ray Inn for the past fifteen years. Sometimes twice a year..!! It is so relaxing and welcoming. Thomas, Gerry and the Boucher family are very welcoming. The apartments are ideal and every year when we return there is always something new to upgrade the property. We usually travel at christmastime and Thomas kindly puts a christmas tree to welcome us back. The beach is beautiful and as testament to the Inn the same families return year after year, so it is lovely to check in and see how everyone's year went. The location cannot be beaten. It is right on beautiful hollywood beach. There is also the use of the swimming pool. Car parking is provided. Use of the BBQ is really handy for a night in. It is a short walk to the broadwalk. Close by shopping in Aventura Mall and of course Sawgrass mills is a must. Nice restaurants nearby. You will not be dissapointed. We are really looking forward to returning for year 16....

Room Tip: All rooms except one have sea view, however you can still sit outside this apartment and have a sea...
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Mantaray07, Owner at Manta Ray Inn, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
It is always so rewarding to see your friends from around the world return year after year. It is a friendship that we hold dear to our hearts. The Manta Ray Inn family (Thomas, Gerry, Henry and Dwayne and I) love to make your holiday a memorable one. We cannot wait for your arrival in another month! As you stated, you will see some great improvements and we have to thank you for making some of the suggestions that we have put into place. It would not be Christmas without seeing your smiling faces!! Can't wait!
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Manta Ray Inn? Share your experiences!