“Nice Relaxing Meal” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Lola's on Harrison is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 491 Restaurants in Hollywood
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 21st Ave
New York City, New York
“Nice Relaxing Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

My husband and I at at Lola's earlier this week and found it to be a pleasant environment with good food. The cocktails are great, and I recommend the pear bellini. The portions are generous, and the staff is attentive. I had the baked brie with fig preserves as an appetizer, and my husband enjoyed the special duck pate with homemade red wine mustand and pickles. I had the gazpacho which was fresh and flavorful, and my husband liked the coca cola ribs. A highlight was the butterscotch pudding we had for dessert. Rich and creamy with homemade whipped cream! The service was a bit slow, but this seems to be the case in most of Florida. Overall, it was a nice relaxing meal and we wil lbe back. This is definitely a good place to go in Hollywood!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Check your receipt!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I took my wife here for her 35th Birthday last night 6/10/14. Atmosphere was nice and the service was attentive. Food was good.. not as great as the prices would indicate. We both ordered off there specials list, had an appetizer, wine & dessert. At the end of the meal the check came, I quickly scanned to make sure all the items were correct. They were. I gave my debit card, added a 23% tip and headed home. This morning I was entering the receipt into my checkbook to find that they had automatically added a 17% gratuity below the subtotal and tax line. What kind of a fine dining restaurant does this for a party of two?! So my 23% tip was on top of the extra auto-gratuity they put on there. Congrats Lola's on Harrison, you tricked me into a 37% tip! We are Hollywood residents and this is the ONE AND ONLY TIME YOU'LL EVER GET OUR BUSINESS. And I'll never, ever recommend your restaurant to any of our guests from out of town.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Audra M, Manager at Lola's on Harrison, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
I am writing in response to your review. I apologize for the gratuity being placed on the the check. It was a mistake on part of the server. The only time the gratuity is placed on the check is with 6 or more people or a voucher promotion. I am refunding you the gratuity placed on the the check by you. I only wish you would of brought this to my attention prior to writing the review.

Audra
Lola's on Harrison
Hollywood, Florida
“Excellent Food Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

This restaurant opened for us another horizon in Hollywood. We were pretty surprised about high quality of all courses and on top of that about one of the best service by waiters I ever experienced around. The "home made" special appetizer patte was totally delicious, main course perfect and not sure what more to say about key lime pie or brownie dessert. Strongly recommend.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Happy Hour with Friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

College friends and I decided to go to Lola's for dinner yet we ended up drinking Martinis and nibbling on appetizers. What a great time! Be sure to try the gnocchi appetizer, the mussels and the Camembert - delicious! Drinks were great and staff was very pleasant. This is definitely a place to go!!!

“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

the Ricotta Gnocchi is AMAZING but the bowl is enough for 3-4 people if your getting it as an appetizer. I couldn't stop eatting it... and the coca-cola ribs... if this is your first time there... get them! you won't be disappointed for sure! Go early and avoid the rush! we got there at 5:15 and there was only one other couple. An hour later it was jammed packed!

• Visited March 2014