“Enjoyable Meal”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 21st Ave
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.

81% Recommend
There are newer reviews for Lola's on Harrison
Coral Springs, Florida
“Enjoyable Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

The first issue with this restaurant, is that they have limited tables, and the host, indicated that they were reserved, and it would be an hour for a table. There were probably 11 tables in the restaurant, so we sat at the bar. Other then an obnoxious drunk lady, who was throwing out F bombs all night, the experience was quite good. By the way, the host was aware of the patron's behavior, and did nothing to remove her. As for the food, it was extremely good. we started with a crab cake appetizer, which was extremely fresh. Next for me, came the veal porterhouse chop cooked to the right temperature. It was presented with spinach and mushrooms. Definitely, worth the $34 cost. My friend had the Coca-Cola ribs with delicious onion rings and raved about it. For dessert, it was raspberry cheesecake, which, once again was overly fresh, and melted in your mouth. I would suggest that you make reservations before going there, due to the limited space. But, other then the female drunk, all was fine. LoLa's is only open for dinner.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Coconut Creek, Florida
“A Class Act”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Lola's reputation proceeds it self. Our dinner was lovely. The Coco-Cola Ribs were everything and more. The pork chop was so tender. The understated decor is chic and sophisticated. The staff go out of their way... every step of the way. I left my eye glass case at the restaurant. I called a few days later to see if it was found. I asked if it was possible for them to mail it to me. Et viola, a few days later I received it. Bravo!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hollywood, Florida
“Stylish and Delightful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Lola's on Harrison is a classy restaurant. With its lovely ambience, excellent food, and professional wait staff, our dining experience was a memorable one. My husband and I ordered two entrees, the hamburger and pork chop, which we shared. Although the hamburger was extremely good, the pork chop was amazing. The portion was generous and the seasoning was delicious. It was fresh, thick and juicy, and cooked to perfection.

Lola's is one of the most popular restaurants in downtown Hollywood. It is always crowded with diners who have smiles on their faces, and I can understand why. You will not only be pleased with their menu choices, but also with their exceptional service. The restaurant changed hands a few months ago, and the new owners are both personable and accommodating. I definitely recommend Lola's to anyone who appreciates fine dining in a casual, yet modern atmosphere.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Camberley, United Kingdom
“The Davinator was defeated by a plate of ribs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We loved this little American bistro in Hollywood, Florida. Decor was clean funky modern in a retail unit and managed interesting but not overwhelming. Good processes and warm welcome, we were whisked through the bar and into the restaurant, despite the function going on in the bar.

Prompt delivery of menus and ice water; innovative cocktail menu - I had a cucumber gin rickey and really enjoyed it. The Davinator had a blackberry thingy, also alcoholic, that was a bit sweet but still nice.

Small but interesting menu; the Davinator met grits for the first time in the form of 'Angry Shrimp and Grits'. A love affair was born. I had grilled portobello tacos. I had resolved to eat only half of the appetiser but found myself gobbling up the whole thing.

This greed inhibited my ability to finish the signature cheeseburger which was great beef smothered in mushrooms and onions. The Davinator had the Coca Cola Beef Ribs; succulent beefy ribs covered in a thick gooey wonderful sauce, it had a reduced the beef to a soft, sugar encrusted treat. Enormous onion rings and he could not finish the last 3 or 4 forkfuls of beef.

The wine list was eclectic and impressive for a restaurant of this size, with well priced wines; 3 genuine champagnes and whole page of reds, all under $100.

We knew we couldn't eat dessert so we got a slice of key lime pie to go and are waiting to digest enough to eat it.

Visited September 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Worst Bartender”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Our group of 4 locals showed up on Saturday night (Aug 24th) without reservations...no problems, we thought we'd pass the 1 hr wait by ordering drinks at the bar. Unfortunately after sitting there for 20min we still hadn't even been greeted by the Bartender let alone asked if we wanted drinks. Although the restaurant was busy we were the only people at the bar. At 25min our drink orders were taken, after 30min we had received 1 glass of red wine and waited for the rest. Finally after more waiting we were asked to repeat our orders on the remaining 3 drinks! Two were eventually served and tasted terrible. Certainly not worth the long wait or $$. Needless to say we opted out of staying for dinner and took our business elsewhere.
I'm on the fence as to whether or not to give them another try. Most people have great reviews however that night wasn't their night! Service behind the bar was the worst I've seen.

• Visited August 2013