“Always a great stay!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sea Downs and the Bougainvillea

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hollywood
Sea Downs and the Bougainvillea
2900 N. Surf Rd., Hollywood, FL 33019-3704   |
Ranked #4 of 66 hotels in Hollywood
Florida
“Always a great stay!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

The best beach hotel in our experience, anywhere!!! Clean rooms, Claudia and Debbie very helpful and informative. This was our 3rd stay and are already making plans for next year. Close enough to restaurants to walk to, far enough away that the noise isn't a problem. The Broadwalk is always amazing, and therapeutic at the same time. Within reach of the tourist destinations, while being on a nice, reasonably quiet, beach. Safe neighborhood, too may good things to describe. If you're headed to South Florida and want a family oriented hotel, THIS IS IT!!!

Room Tip: Room 2 is an efficiency ocean view, room 5 is an efficiency with a better layout than 2. Be aware, t...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Heilbronn, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Right at the beach just across the hollywood beach broadwalk, this little gem has different rooms to offer, all equipped with a full kitchen.
I am only talking about SEA DOWNS, not the Bougainvillea, which is about 200 feet behind Sea Downs, not at the broadwalk.
Both houses are run by a German couple who are very helpful.
Everything is clean and cozy. Beach chairs and beach towels are provided. Nice patio area to sit and have a drink.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Beesley's Point
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

This place is the BEST , very clean, staff is wonderful , rooms are Great , and the view of the beach is priceless , great location .....I give it a rating of A +++++, Hollywood has changed over the years for the BEST, and I realy enjoy that part of Fla. , no rat race , just down to earth people enjoying themselfs , they have a great little pool , very clean , parking was perfect , could not get any closer . See you next year :)

Room Tip: There is not a Bad Room in the hole place.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My husband and I had booked a room at another motel in Ft. Lauderdale, which had very good reviews on tripadvisor. When we got there, it was awful. The room spelled of some horrible chemical, the place was very shabby, with cracked bathroom and floor tiles, old rusted lamps, etc. We desperately needed to get away from this place and luckily found the Bougainvillea.

Our accommodation at the Bougainvillea had a large bedroom with a king-size bed, a large living room with a pull-out sofa (as well as a folding bed in the bedroom closet), a nice size eating area and a fully stocked modern kitchen. Not only was it very clean, but everything looked new. There was central air-conditioning, as well as ceiling fans. Very modern and a 30 second walk from the beach. Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

I called for a last minute stay..the girls in the office did a great job putting something together for us..the location was great. We walked everywhere. I'm planning on taking the entire family back in june

• Stayed January 2013
Greenville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Great location. Quiet section of the beach but a two minute bike ride or a ten minute enjoyable walk, you'll be right in the middle of the hot spots. Tiki bars, sports bars ,band shell for nightly entertainment , pizza that's to die for, Sushi any many more ethnic culinary delights .

We had a ground floor apartment that was amazing. Picture windows,( that you can leave the blinds up during the day and passers by can't see in. At night use the blinds for privacy ).

Literally overlooking the Broadwalk (spelling intended ) and the beach, I couldn't ask for a better spot
The apartment was perfect . Extra large living room , kitchen and dining area , large fridg, full sink , microwave, pots pans, knives forks, you name it

My buddy and I solved the Alfa Male Senior Citizen sleeping arraignments by me using the extra large futon in the living room. Extra sheets blankets and pillows were provided. It worked out fine

The only thing we did wrong was to drive my car down from upstate New York. We drove so we could bring our bikes with us. We found out later that its cheaper to fly and to rent a bike for a week , which was inexpensive And once there, a car is not needed.
The staff respected their guests privacy but were there when needed

Hope this was helpful

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I spent 3 days here prior to a conference. I knew from previous visits to Hollywood, Florida that I wanted to stay on the Broadwalk ( spelled correctly). I found the Seadowns on the web and absolutely loved it. The beach is 10 seconds from my front door if I walk slow! The beach is pristine and the ocean is incredible. I wanted a studio but they didn't have one available so I reserved a 1 br. I am so glad I did. My apt is on the first floor and from the the large picture window in the living room I can see the beach and the ocean. The Broadwalk is a wide smooth brick area that goes for 3 miles. People enjoy walking, biking, jogging and roller blading all day. Seadowns is a 12 unit building and has a lovely patio across the front with tables, chairs umbrellas and recliners, What a place to enjoy the sound of the ocean and people watch. My unit has a nice sized living room with a futon couch that is great for a nap and 2 comfortable chairs. Nice sized TV in the LR .Small fully equiped kitchen, dining area, full bath with tub that is actually deep enought to soak in , shower and a big bedroom with a kingsized bed. I think it is 2 twins together. It was comfortable. Decorated in beach theme and is SPOTLESS! Complimentary wi-fi. This is not a fancy Ritz with oil paintings on the wall, but it was the most wonderful place to enjoy the sun and sand. Very nice and comfortable. There is a very small ( very clean) pool with just enough room for chaise loungers at the end. It would be fine for kids and to cool off in, but I never made it there because I could not leave the site of the ocean.If I was going to be here for a week or more I would get a cheap clock for the living room and a couple of bigger, softer towels. It is a 10 minute or so walk to any shops, but I was too relaxed to even read... let alone shop. There is a small store about 3 minutes from here that I could get bananas, Diet Coke and hair mouse. A restaurant that used to be a local favorite ( Ocean's 11), changed to Bistro bon Marche. It has excellent food- French fusion(?), but is very white leather, glass and crome. I have to move a "fancy" hotel for my confernce that cost over twice the amount tomorrow and I don't want to go.!! The owners of the Seadowns are delightful people and live on the premises. I am going to try to attach some photos, but this is one place where the photos on the web site look almost like mine. The patio table next tot he wal is "mine!!! Enjoy this treasure, but leave 2 weeks a year for me. I can't wait to come back!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Sea Downs and the Bougainvillea? Share your experiences!