“This place is wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sea Downs and the Bougainvillea

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hollywood
Prices are for rooms, adults
Sea Downs and the Bougainvillea
Save Saved
You added Sea Downs and the Bougainvillea to your Saves list
2900 N. Surf Rd., Hollywood, FL 33019-3704   |
Ranked #4 of 66 Hotels in Hollywood
Toronto, Canada
“This place is wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My husband and I had booked a room at another motel in Ft. Lauderdale, which had very good reviews on tripadvisor. When we got there, it was awful. The room spelled of some horrible chemical, the place was very shabby, with cracked bathroom and floor tiles, old rusted lamps, etc. We desperately needed to get away from this place and luckily found the Bougainvillea.

Our accommodation at the Bougainvillea had a large bedroom with a king-size bed, a large living room with a pull-out sofa (as well as a folding bed in the bedroom closet), a nice size eating area and a fully stocked modern kitchen. Not only was it very clean, but everything looked new. There was central air-conditioning, as well as ceiling fans. Very modern and a 30 second walk from the beach. Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

I called for a last minute stay..the girls in the office did a great job putting something together for us..the location was great. We walked everywhere. I'm planning on taking the entire family back in june

• Stayed January 2013
Greenville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Great location. Quiet section of the beach but a two minute bike ride or a ten minute enjoyable walk, you'll be right in the middle of the hot spots. Tiki bars, sports bars ,band shell for nightly entertainment , pizza that's to die for, Sushi any many more ethnic culinary delights .

We had a ground floor apartment that was amazing. Picture windows,( that you can leave the blinds up during the day and passers by can't see in. At night use the blinds for privacy ).

Literally overlooking the Broadwalk (spelling intended ) and the beach, I couldn't ask for a better spot
The apartment was perfect . Extra large living room , kitchen and dining area , large fridg, full sink , microwave, pots pans, knives forks, you name it

My buddy and I solved the Alfa Male Senior Citizen sleeping arraignments by me using the extra large futon in the living room. Extra sheets blankets and pillows were provided. It worked out fine

The only thing we did wrong was to drive my car down from upstate New York. We drove so we could bring our bikes with us. We found out later that its cheaper to fly and to rent a bike for a week , which was inexpensive And once there, a car is not needed.
The staff respected their guests privacy but were there when needed

Hope this was helpful

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I spent 3 days here prior to a conference. I knew from previous visits to Hollywood, Florida that I wanted to stay on the Broadwalk ( spelled correctly). I found the Seadowns on the web and absolutely loved it. The beach is 10 seconds from my front door if I walk slow! The beach is pristine and the ocean is incredible. I wanted a studio but they didn't have one available so I reserved a 1 br. I am so glad I did. My apt is on the first floor and from the the large picture window in the living room I can see the beach and the ocean. The Broadwalk is a wide smooth brick area that goes for 3 miles. People enjoy walking, biking, jogging and roller blading all day. Seadowns is a 12 unit building and has a lovely patio across the front with tables, chairs umbrellas and recliners, What a place to enjoy the sound of the ocean and people watch. My unit has a nice sized living room with a futon couch that is great for a nap and 2 comfortable chairs. Nice sized TV in the LR .Small fully equiped kitchen, dining area, full bath with tub that is actually deep enought to soak in , shower and a big bedroom with a kingsized bed. I think it is 2 twins together. It was comfortable. Decorated in beach theme and is SPOTLESS! Complimentary wi-fi. This is not a fancy Ritz with oil paintings on the wall, but it was the most wonderful place to enjoy the sun and sand. Very nice and comfortable. There is a very small ( very clean) pool with just enough room for chaise loungers at the end. It would be fine for kids and to cool off in, but I never made it there because I could not leave the site of the ocean.If I was going to be here for a week or more I would get a cheap clock for the living room and a couple of bigger, softer towels. It is a 10 minute or so walk to any shops, but I was too relaxed to even read... let alone shop. There is a small store about 3 minutes from here that I could get bananas, Diet Coke and hair mouse. A restaurant that used to be a local favorite ( Ocean's 11), changed to Bistro bon Marche. It has excellent food- French fusion(?), but is very white leather, glass and crome. I have to move a "fancy" hotel for my confernce that cost over twice the amount tomorrow and I don't want to go.!! The owners of the Seadowns are delightful people and live on the premises. I am going to try to attach some photos, but this is one place where the photos on the web site look almost like mine. The patio table next tot he wal is "mine!!! Enjoy this treasure, but leave 2 weeks a year for me. I can't wait to come back!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

First, I am fussy and when it comes to Hollywood Beach, it doesn't matter if it's the Taj Mahal - I'm not going to like it. Which is why I am surprised that I DID like the Sea Downs and a lot! It's not fancy, it's not even new, but it is clean, the location is great and the owners and/or staff go out of their way to ensure that the place doesn't turn into a "hang out" for some of the "hollyweird" characters that roam the area. I rented a few nights for my parents & my son because I was away at work. They rented a 2nd floor unit which was pretty nice! It had a full kitchen, small dining, pretty large bedroom, sofa bed, TV, wireless, etc. I joined them for 2 nights and my unit was on the ground floor w direct ocean view and steps from the beach - literally. It was wonderful. My family & I sat outside enjoying the waves well into the evening. Good choice! You can't go wrong here, but note - it's for those of us that like peace & quiet. Thank goodness!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Newburyport, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

This was my first experience with a "Superior Small Lodging". Sea Downs is exactly that. It's very comfortable and a completely relaxing place. The owners and staff were all very friendly. Many of the guests were repeat visitors, and by the end of our stay we got to know some of them. The building is in a great location, and its one of the best maintained on the boardwalk. There are many great eating options nearby, and Ft Lauderdale and Miami are each only about a 20 minute ride. The only downside is that the pool is behind the building with no view.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Rivière-Beaudette Qc Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Wonderfull place to stay when you need to enjoy the sea-board.

Excellent beach conditions right across the broadwalk.

Prices a little high but what a place to live in.

Good parking for one car per room, and owners live on the site year round so they keep it quiet and clean.

Room Tip: No fitness centre & no restaurant but all rooms equipped with a kitchenette with stove, fridge a...