“My Favorite place to stay, ever!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sea Downs and the Bougainvillea

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hollywood
Sea Downs and the Bougainvillea
You added Sea Downs and the Bougainvillea to your Saves list
2900 N. Surf Rd., Hollywood, FL 33019-3704   |
Ranked #4 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
Seattle
“My Favorite place to stay, ever!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I spent 3 days here prior to a conference. I knew from previous visits to Hollywood, Florida that I wanted to stay on the Broadwalk ( spelled correctly). I found the Seadowns on the web and absolutely loved it. The beach is 10 seconds from my front door if I walk slow! The beach is pristine and the ocean is incredible. I wanted a studio but they didn't have one available so I reserved a 1 br. I am so glad I did. My apt is on the first floor and from the the large picture window in the living room I can see the beach and the ocean. The Broadwalk is a wide smooth brick area that goes for 3 miles. People enjoy walking, biking, jogging and roller blading all day. Seadowns is a 12 unit building and has a lovely patio across the front with tables, chairs umbrellas and recliners, What a place to enjoy the sound of the ocean and people watch. My unit has a nice sized living room with a futon couch that is great for a nap and 2 comfortable chairs. Nice sized TV in the LR .Small fully equiped kitchen, dining area, full bath with tub that is actually deep enought to soak in , shower and a big bedroom with a kingsized bed. I think it is 2 twins together. It was comfortable. Decorated in beach theme and is SPOTLESS! Complimentary wi-fi. This is not a fancy Ritz with oil paintings on the wall, but it was the most wonderful place to enjoy the sun and sand. Very nice and comfortable. There is a very small ( very clean) pool with just enough room for chaise loungers at the end. It would be fine for kids and to cool off in, but I never made it there because I could not leave the site of the ocean.If I was going to be here for a week or more I would get a cheap clock for the living room and a couple of bigger, softer towels. It is a 10 minute or so walk to any shops, but I was too relaxed to even read... let alone shop. There is a small store about 3 minutes from here that I could get bananas, Diet Coke and hair mouse. A restaurant that used to be a local favorite ( Ocean's 11), changed to Bistro bon Marche. It has excellent food- French fusion(?), but is very white leather, glass and crome. I have to move a "fancy" hotel for my confernce that cost over twice the amount tomorrow and I don't want to go.!! The owners of the Seadowns are delightful people and live on the premises. I am going to try to attach some photos, but this is one place where the photos on the web site look almost like mine. The patio table next tot he wal is "mine!!! Enjoy this treasure, but leave 2 weeks a year for me. I can't wait to come back!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

First, I am fussy and when it comes to Hollywood Beach, it doesn't matter if it's the Taj Mahal - I'm not going to like it. Which is why I am surprised that I DID like the Sea Downs and a lot! It's not fancy, it's not even new, but it is clean, the location is great and the owners and/or staff go out of their way to ensure that the place doesn't turn into a "hang out" for some of the "hollyweird" characters that roam the area. I rented a few nights for my parents & my son because I was away at work. They rented a 2nd floor unit which was pretty nice! It had a full kitchen, small dining, pretty large bedroom, sofa bed, TV, wireless, etc. I joined them for 2 nights and my unit was on the ground floor w direct ocean view and steps from the beach - literally. It was wonderful. My family & I sat outside enjoying the waves well into the evening. Good choice! You can't go wrong here, but note - it's for those of us that like peace & quiet. Thank goodness!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Newburyport, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

This was my first experience with a "Superior Small Lodging". Sea Downs is exactly that. It's very comfortable and a completely relaxing place. The owners and staff were all very friendly. Many of the guests were repeat visitors, and by the end of our stay we got to know some of them. The building is in a great location, and its one of the best maintained on the boardwalk. There are many great eating options nearby, and Ft Lauderdale and Miami are each only about a 20 minute ride. The only downside is that the pool is behind the building with no view.

Rivière-Beaudette Qc Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Wonderfull place to stay when you need to enjoy the sea-board.

Excellent beach conditions right across the broadwalk.

Prices a little high but what a place to live in.

Good parking for one car per room, and owners live on the site year round so they keep it quiet and clean.

Room Tip: No fitness centre & no restaurant but all rooms equipped with a kitchenette with stove, fridge a...
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I just stayed at Sea Downs for a relaxing weekend. I'm happy to report that it is an excellent value.

The hotel is a small, family-owned and operated little gem right on the Hollywood Broadwalk. The parking is free (one car per rental) and so is the wi-fi.. The location is excellent. It's just far enough away from the restaurants and bars, to offer some peace and quiet. However, it's a very short walk to places like the Marriott, or Nick's Bar when you want some good food or drinks.

Our room (really an apartment) had a living area, with a big picture window facing the ocean. The beach is only a few steps away. We also had a kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom, with plenty of closet space. The room had been recently painted and tiled. It was perfect for us.

The staff is awesome! I enjoyed meeting Trudy, in the office... and Sue (housekeeping) took good care of us.

If there was any drawback, it was the mattress.. It was actually two twin mattresses pulled together. I was told that it was brand new. It was very "basic". But overall, it wasn't a big deal.

I travel to Hollywood quite often, and Sea Downs will be my "go to" hotel from now on!

Room Tip: If you can't get a room at Sea Downs, their sister property, Bouganvilia, is steps away (but not...
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We recently returned from our stay at the Bougainvillea. We really enjoyed our vacation and love this area of the broadwalk. You can find my more detailed review of the Bougainvillea under "Specialty Lodging" ... but having stayed on site, I would like to suggest that if you have the extra cash, stay in the Sea Downs building and take advantage of the view - it's well worth the cost!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

My fiancee and I stayed here and had the most wonderful, peaceful, really great time together. Having the beach right in the front and the wonderful service was a dream come true. I can't wait to be back and visit again, everyone was so welcoming and it is just beatiful, totally stress free!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sea Downs and the Bougainvillea? Share your experiences!