“Very good! Clean, quiet, away from the noise! I recommend it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sea Downs and the Bougainvillea

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hollywood
Sea Downs and the Bougainvillea
2900 N. Surf Rd., Hollywood, FL 33019-3704   |
Ranked #4 of 66 hotels in Hollywood
Florida
“Very good! Clean, quiet, away from the noise! I recommend it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

First, I am fussy and when it comes to Hollywood Beach, it doesn't matter if it's the Taj Mahal - I'm not going to like it. Which is why I am surprised that I DID like the Sea Downs and a lot! It's not fancy, it's not even new, but it is clean, the location is great and the owners and/or staff go out of their way to ensure that the place doesn't turn into a "hang out" for some of the "hollyweird" characters that roam the area. I rented a few nights for my parents & my son because I was away at work. They rented a 2nd floor unit which was pretty nice! It had a full kitchen, small dining, pretty large bedroom, sofa bed, TV, wireless, etc. I joined them for 2 nights and my unit was on the ground floor w direct ocean view and steps from the beach - literally. It was wonderful. My family & I sat outside enjoying the waves well into the evening. Good choice! You can't go wrong here, but note - it's for those of us that like peace & quiet. Thank goodness!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Newburyport, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

This was my first experience with a "Superior Small Lodging". Sea Downs is exactly that. It's very comfortable and a completely relaxing place. The owners and staff were all very friendly. Many of the guests were repeat visitors, and by the end of our stay we got to know some of them. The building is in a great location, and its one of the best maintained on the boardwalk. There are many great eating options nearby, and Ft Lauderdale and Miami are each only about a 20 minute ride. The only downside is that the pool is behind the building with no view.

Rivière-Beaudette Qc Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Wonderfull place to stay when you need to enjoy the sea-board.

Excellent beach conditions right across the broadwalk.

Prices a little high but what a place to live in.

Good parking for one car per room, and owners live on the site year round so they keep it quiet and clean.

Room Tip: No fitness centre & no restaurant but all rooms equipped with a kitchenette with stove, fridge a...
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I just stayed at Sea Downs for a relaxing weekend. I'm happy to report that it is an excellent value.

The hotel is a small, family-owned and operated little gem right on the Hollywood Broadwalk. The parking is free (one car per rental) and so is the wi-fi.. The location is excellent. It's just far enough away from the restaurants and bars, to offer some peace and quiet. However, it's a very short walk to places like the Marriott, or Nick's Bar when you want some good food or drinks.

Our room (really an apartment) had a living area, with a big picture window facing the ocean. The beach is only a few steps away. We also had a kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom, with plenty of closet space. The room had been recently painted and tiled. It was perfect for us.

The staff is awesome! I enjoyed meeting Trudy, in the office... and Sue (housekeeping) took good care of us.

If there was any drawback, it was the mattress.. It was actually two twin mattresses pulled together. I was told that it was brand new. It was very "basic". But overall, it wasn't a big deal.

I travel to Hollywood quite often, and Sea Downs will be my "go to" hotel from now on!

Room Tip: If you can't get a room at Sea Downs, their sister property, Bouganvilia, is steps away (but not...
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We recently returned from our stay at the Bougainvillea. We really enjoyed our vacation and love this area of the broadwalk. You can find my more detailed review of the Bougainvillea under "Specialty Lodging" ... but having stayed on site, I would like to suggest that if you have the extra cash, stay in the Sea Downs building and take advantage of the view - it's well worth the cost!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

My fiancee and I stayed here and had the most wonderful, peaceful, really great time together. Having the beach right in the front and the wonderful service was a dream come true. I can't wait to be back and visit again, everyone was so welcoming and it is just beatiful, totally stress free!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Due to the sudden death of my brother, who lived in Hollywood, Fla., our party of 4 stayed at the Bouganvillia, where employees did everything possible to accomodate us and our needs. I had stayed years ago, and it's new and improved. Tile flooring, wonderful shower, and the cleanest studios! Trudy and Debbie at the desk were very professional and respectful (with the sunniest of dispostions!!!)

Room Tip: All rooms are good. Depends on what size you need.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Sea Downs and the Bougainvillea? Share your experiences!