“So great a place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sea Downs and the Bougainvillea

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hollywood
Sea Downs and the Bougainvillea
Save Saved
You added Sea Downs and the Bougainvillea to your Saves list
2900 N. Surf Rd., Hollywood, FL 33019-3704   |
Ranked #4 of 66 Hotels in Hollywood
Rivière-Beaudette Qc Canada
“So great a place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Wonderfull place to stay when you need to enjoy the sea-board.

Excellent beach conditions right across the broadwalk.

Prices a little high but what a place to live in.

Good parking for one car per room, and owners live on the site year round so they keep it quiet and clean.

Room Tip: No fitness centre & no restaurant but all rooms equipped with a kitchenette with stove, fridge a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I just stayed at Sea Downs for a relaxing weekend. I'm happy to report that it is an excellent value.

The hotel is a small, family-owned and operated little gem right on the Hollywood Broadwalk. The parking is free (one car per rental) and so is the wi-fi.. The location is excellent. It's just far enough away from the restaurants and bars, to offer some peace and quiet. However, it's a very short walk to places like the Marriott, or Nick's Bar when you want some good food or drinks.

Our room (really an apartment) had a living area, with a big picture window facing the ocean. The beach is only a few steps away. We also had a kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom, with plenty of closet space. The room had been recently painted and tiled. It was perfect for us.

The staff is awesome! I enjoyed meeting Trudy, in the office... and Sue (housekeeping) took good care of us.

If there was any drawback, it was the mattress.. It was actually two twin mattresses pulled together. I was told that it was brand new. It was very "basic". But overall, it wasn't a big deal.

I travel to Hollywood quite often, and Sea Downs will be my "go to" hotel from now on!

Room Tip: If you can't get a room at Sea Downs, their sister property, Bouganvilia, is steps away (but not...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We recently returned from our stay at the Bougainvillea. We really enjoyed our vacation and love this area of the broadwalk. You can find my more detailed review of the Bougainvillea under "Specialty Lodging" ... but having stayed on site, I would like to suggest that if you have the extra cash, stay in the Sea Downs building and take advantage of the view - it's well worth the cost!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

My fiancee and I stayed here and had the most wonderful, peaceful, really great time together. Having the beach right in the front and the wonderful service was a dream come true. I can't wait to be back and visit again, everyone was so welcoming and it is just beatiful, totally stress free!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Due to the sudden death of my brother, who lived in Hollywood, Fla., our party of 4 stayed at the Bouganvillia, where employees did everything possible to accomodate us and our needs. I had stayed years ago, and it's new and improved. Tile flooring, wonderful shower, and the cleanest studios! Trudy and Debbie at the desk were very professional and respectful (with the sunniest of dispostions!!!)

Room Tip: All rooms are good. Depends on what size you need.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Recently spent a week at the Bougainvillea in a two bedroom until with my family (me, my husband, and two kids--5 & 2) and some friends (husband, wife, & 7 year old) and really enjoyed our stay. Not beachfront (that's Sea Downs) but steps from the beach and Broadwalk without all the noise. The unit was a duplex, so it as actually perfect--one family got the upstairs, one the downstairs and we shared a living room and full kitchen. The unit was clean (bedroom carpets were worn but the housekeeper said they were installing tile soon) and totally fit our needs. The housekeeper was very friendly and accommodating as was the nice woman who showed us our room. They provided beach chairs, umbrellas, and buckets and shovels for the kids--a super nice touch. The price was right too--very affordable.
I'd have probably given 5 stars and sang its praises even more had it not been for our encounter with a very rude employee on our last day there. She knocked on our door at lunch and asked to "speak with someone" then proceeded to tell me that my car was parked too far back and our guest was parked in the wrong spot. (Despite the fact that I had parked in the same spot for the previous 7 days, exactly where the woman who showed us to our room had directed me to park, and had been told by her that this was "our area" and that others from our group could park there as well.) I went to grab a towel to sit on in my car (black leather interior, Florida sun, and swimsuits don't mix!) and she knocked again, saying she'd like us to "hurry up." When I did move my car (three entire feet forward!) I got out to speak with her and clear up the confusion, explaining how we had been told to park where we did by others on staff, but she never toned down her attitude nor offered any apology whatsoever for a) her attitude or b) her staff's obvious lack of communication. I might look like a teenager, but this 30+ year old professional expects to be addressed as "ma'am" and given appropriate respect when she is the paying customer. Aside from this incident, it was a great trip and the majority of the staff went out of their way to see that we had a great time.

Room Tip: If you're wanting beachfront, go w/Sea Downs. If you want more than 1 bedroom, it's the Bou...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Lorain, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

......or any beach!........ Mere words could never describe how happy my daughter, 2 grandkids and I were with our 8-night stay at the Sea Downs!...... ..I discovered Sea Downs in April 2012 while walking the boardwalk with my husband. It was away from the loud hotels........with bars, blaring music and people yelling from balconies to others on the premisis....(so, if this is your scene, Sea Downs is definitely NOT the place for you!)........ It was a no-brainer to book our stay at the Sea Downs for our June vacation.....
The staff went out of their way to make our stay absolutely perfect! Sue, our housekeeper went above and beyond her duty to accomodate us with anything we needed! Debby and the other delightful woman at the office (I apologize for forgetting her name)......and Claudia.........made us feel like family!
We had a corner-unit that was impeccable in cleanliness!....The furnishings were beach-oriented and in good taste....and the huge windows in the living room (2)...and bedroom gave breath-taking views of the ocean!.....
The internet service was awesome!....a rare find for hotels these days....and NO extra fee! (I've stayed at hotels where I paid $10.95 a day....for a poor connection!)........
The kids loved the pool!........if you're looking for an Olympic-sized pool, I suggest staying at an over-priced resort........The Sea Downs provides beach chairs and umbrellas.....which is an additional daily/weekly expense elsewhere.....and no streets to cross to get to the beach!.......
The Sea Downs is an easy walk to the center of Hollywood Beach......0.62 miles!.......we walked it several times a day.......and particularly enjoyed the nightly concerts at the Hollywood Boardwalk Amphitheater!
.........our family looks forward to YEARS of stays at the "Crown Jewel" of Hollywood Beach.....Sea Downs!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Sea Downs and the Bougainvillea? Share your experiences!