“Not bad... good value” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel

You added Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel to your Saves list
Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 North Ocean Drive, Hollywood, FL 33019 (Formerly Ramada Hollywood Beach Resort)   |
Ranked #54 of 63 Hotels in Hollywood
New Braunfels, Texas
“Not bad... good value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

This is the same place as the historical Hollywood beach hotel.. They have different managers. I don't know what the fuss is about this being horrible. Its got a greet pool and its on the beach. Don't get your hopes up about a free breakfast because yo will get a cold bagel and that's it..FYI

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Beware. My husband and I booked a hotel with EXPEDIA (Hollywood Beach Hotel, in Fort Lauderdale Fl.) Upon booking the hotel the EXPEDIA Rep. tells me there will be a one time accommendation fee of $10.00 due at check out.  and that the hotel provides a courtesy shuttle bus to pick us up at the airport and drop us off at the airport when checking out.  Upon arriving at the airport, I was told by the hotel to call the conceige at the hotel....well this is when the nightmare begins.  I call the hotel, spoke with the person that was to pick us up, I couldnt understand anything he was telling me, I told him I didnt know what direction I was to go.  He spoke so fast, I told him I couldnt hear him well. He was irritated, rude and harsh.  After he adruptly hung up I  began to think, omg, what did I get myself into, was every worker in that hotel the same.  When he picked me up I ask him if he was the one I spoke to on the phone...he answered yes.  I told him he was very rude, well guess what, it turned out to be that he was  "the head conceige"...I wasnt thrilled., especially after his nasty treatment over the phone.  Upon arriving at the hotel, we went to register.  Now the front desk was also very unfriendly....well I was right from the start, beginning with the head conceige.  The girl registering us says we are to pay $40.00 for the 4 nights for  hotel accomendations (I wonder what accomendations...rudeness)....I stated that EXPEDIA told me when I booked the hotel it was to be $10.00 at checkout. I argued the point but she said EXPEDIA misinformed me...now she also adds that we are to put down $100.00 for a retainment and  we will get it back at the end of our stay.  SOMETHING ELSE EXPEDIA failed to mention.  We had no choice but to pay, after all it was our first day of vacation.

So now when entering the room....it was NOTHING like the photo online at the time I booked it with EXPEDIA.  I  asked the rep. at EXPEDIA if the photo of the room I was seeing was the exact one we were getting....he said YES.  This room had no blankets or bed spread on the bed. The vertical blinds were missing quite a bit the panels AND the air conditioner was one of those with a giant hose that is installed through the window and the machine was kept between the two beds which was loud as hell.    I had to turn it off in order to sleep.  OH,  I had to put a safety pin on the curtains in order to keep them closed which by the way are regular curtains...no blackout curtains...so that no light comes in in the morning...thats a laugh because these shinsy curtains were transparent. At least they covered those horrible missing panel vertical blinds. So anyway,  I went down to the front desk and complained but they all seemed like "who cares"....It's as if we were not the first victims and they've heard it all before.  I told them I was disappointed in the room and requested another room...their  answer was thats the room I booked.  THEY WERE NOT HELPFUL AT ALL.  They never even called the manager, which if he was a real manager, he would've called me on my room phone to at least apoIogise or try to compensate for the mess. By the way this managers' name is Miguel.  I called EXPEDIA ALL DAY THAT DAY....I kept asking for a supervisor. They kept me on hold for 40 minutes 2X, the other 2X I was disconnected and no one called me back. SO BEWARE OF EXPEDIA AND THIS HORRIBLE HOTEL which reminds me of that movie "The Shining." It smells stale and of old dirty rugs and old syrup.  Doesn't smell clean AT ALL. Going out on the boardwalk at night is not a good idea, nothing but a bunch of bums hanging out.

Stayed July 2015, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

I have been staying here for over 10 years on July 4th. This year from the moment that I walked in, it was pure dissapointment.... Monica the front desk manager is by far the rudest person I have ever had to deal with in my entire life... the hotel was "overbooked" and they did not reserve my room, by the time I checked in the only option I had was to settle for a 1 bed studio and an air mattress for my children, either that or a refund. The air mattress had a hole in it, the kitchen did not work properly, the air condition was broken, and apparently has been for a while now, the rooms were dirty and had a yuckie motel feel, the pool was hot and dirty, not to mention the vallet parking rapes you even if your a guest at the hotel... $50 parking until 12am... but the worst part was the staff treating the customers very rude, unprofessional and as if any request was just a bother. From the front desk, to the maintenance crew, security, the bell boys and those damn cleaning ladies... theres no one nice there. Sad to say that I will be breaking my july 4th tradition, but I will never be going back there. To the new owners, please get rid of all the staff there and find a better management group to run the hotel correctly before they run it to the ground. $1,000 for a weekend of hell

Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I had an ocean view room, which was very nice. The room itself was very nice, but the rest of the hotel (halls, lobby and shops) are very rundown and half are deserted. The pool is well kept and the view is lovely of the ocean. The hotel is well situated and there are lots of restaurants to chose from and the trolley stops almost in front of the hotel. The breakfast offered with the room is simple and the coffee is horrible. There is a nice little cafe, privately run near the lobby and the coffee, muffins and snacks are delicious and worth paying a few dollars for I would stay there, again, as an inexpensive getaway and know that I am not expecting luxury, but a simple vacation on the beach for not a lot of money.

Room Tip: Ask for water view
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

I stood on.line 45 min for person to check in a customer only to have her bypass me and check in person online after me another 30 min. Finally i get ready to check in to find out there were 2 parts of hotel no explanation to why she ignored me or sorry. Rude to me
Then housekeeping did not come till 5p.m. when we asked them to come back because we were getting ready for dinner we were told no once again very rude.... Room was old and run down..do not recommend. Had i not prepaid would hAve went somewhere else

Stayed June 2015, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I love staying here it is the best place on the boardwalk. You can walk to everything and it has the best pool on the boardwalk as well. It is a little old but if you are looking for a nice place to stay that want break the bank this is the place.

Stayed April 2015
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Location, location and location. Average hotel on the beach and boardwalk close to Fort Lauderdale and Miami. If your on a tight budget this is the place to stay. I loved the pool, bar area and free breakfast. The rooms are average at best.....no balcony and AC is average.

Stayed June 2015, traveled with family

Been to Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel? Share your experiences!