“It was ok for the price and location...would stay there again” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel

You added Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel to your Saves list
Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 North Ocean Drive, Hollywood, FL 33019 (Formerly Ramada Hollywood Beach Resort)   |
Ranked #56 of 64 Hotels in Hollywood
Miami, Florida
“It was ok for the price and location...would stay there again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Well it was last minute we called and they had rooms available for Memorial Weekend. The Check in lobby was a little weird. But everything worked out fine. We got to the hotel at 10AM and check in is at 4PM. I was traveling with 5 children and my husband. I asked what was the earliest we can check in and they said it was available now. So thank god we were able to check in right then and there.

( We parked at the parking garage and it was 18 per NIGHT. The parking garage, which i dont think it really has nothing to do with the hotel because it was a public garage, charged us an extra 20 bucks which we had paid for 3 nights and we were only staying 2 nights. So it came out to 4 nights we ended up paying. Whatever, that garage cheated us out but nothing we can do at that point. We just wanted to leave. ) It was still cheaper than the actual Valet parking at the Hotel.

The hotel room was cleaned, the beds were comfertable and the small full kitchen worked fine with a medium size fridge. No complaints at all with the room except the A/C. The tempurature did not go lower than 76 F. It was a little stuffy however we did not spent any day at the hotel, we were at the beach, pool and resturants.

However, as we were going up the elevator, we saw a guy that worked there with a fan going into the hall. We asked how can we get one because it was stuffy in our room and he asked the room number and he will bring one up. Once we got to our room, maybe 10 mins later he came brought us the fan and said the A/C's are not the best in the hotel and there was nothing he can do about that. But we also knew about that because when we went to rent the room they guy who showed us a room, told us about it. But didnt think it was a big deal. So it was not new news to us.

Remember this is a Hystoric Hotel from back in the days, its a HILTON but it was a good hotel. It is pretty huge. I would def stay there again. The staff were nothing but friendly, the location was absolutly great and yes, there is security at the pool and the hotel, that with out a key you can't do anything but rather be safe than sorry.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I arrived with collegues from Germany, and we expected the worst, but we were super positively surprised. We were lucky to get two seaview rooms - mine was huge with 2 double beds, super clean, old but gold.
I enjoyed the view and wind and felt being taken care of by what I needed, a clean room with space and by nature. The shower was ok, a bit more water pressure would make it excellent, but all you needed was there.

I liked the amenities, like shop downstairs for your basic needs and taxis waiting outside.
Around the corner, you have Hollywood beach stretch with a lot of reasonable priced restaurants, from where you can watch the fat people eat their pizza while walking and the sportive types taking care of their body..!

I liked it. The only downside was a loud refrigerator. I turnded it off, so I could sleep. The next morning, I had the melting water on my floor, but that was all. I just wiped it away with one of the many towels.

The persons at the front desks 1 or 2 were all super friendly.

All in all I felt better there, than later in a posh hotel, where nothing affordable was around or no life going on to observe.

This hotel is old, but gold. I would definately go there again, as long as I can make sure to have a sea view room.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Jamaica
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Hotel is rundown and in need of update. Believe the other reviews. Booked off of Expedia and not told about hidden fees which include a 20.00$ parking fee and other fees. The hotel sold its parking garage and doesn't validate. Rooms dirty and a/c doesn't work. Do not stay here

Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

After reading all kinds of horrible reviews we went ahead and booked anyway. If you are high maintenance then book somewhere else. If you want a clean safe place to stay then this is it. We got a free ride to and from the arpt from a great guy named Ken! Very nice and friendly. Now...Their are two different offices but unless your legs are broke this isn't a big deal! Ken told us which office we needed and off we went. We had room 582 and it was updated and very clean. Our safe didn't work and was replaced that evening! Housekeeping was fantastic! On this note ppl tip your driver and your housekeepers! The bldg is large and older but clean and safe. You do have to swipe a card to use the elevator but it's so strangers can't wander in! Security is also extremely friendly. Alejandra H. at the front desk was beyond helpful on a daily basis. She always had a smile on her face. They do have free beach towels just make sure you return them. We spoke to other guests and i never heard anyone complain of a dirty room or problems.
Broadwalk is fantastic and so is the beach. Safe and great people watching.
We will be back soon!
-Kensi (and James)

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Cresskill, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We have been staying at this property for almost 20 years (4 yrs ago was our last time before this weekend) We arrived very early in the morning and had went to see if we could check in and were told to go 2 doors down to another office to check in, should have known something was up when we didn't use main check in office. We arrived at a very small room that looked nothing like a hotel check in area, but more like the back room of a seedy motel. Our rooms were not ready so they said if we wanted we could use the pool and offered us the locker room to change if needed until room was ready. Hesitantly we left our bags behind a desk only (they didn't have a place to secure them locked up). The handed us the key to locker room and We walked out glass door into a crumbling cement courtyard with not an ounce of vegetation, just disgusting broken slabs of concrete. Walked through glass doors into what was an ABANDONED place of metal gates, no lights what so ever, dirtier than anything I've ever seen. Had to ask what looked like a homeless person where the locker room was to change. Again walked into an abandoned room with little fitness equipment, broken, moldy lockers with doors falling off and old garbage inside. There weren't any hotel personnel in the area to monitor the room what so ever. If anyone that was "TROUBLE" was in the area they could have easily harmed or murdered someone inside and probably gotten away with it, because there was NO ONE there. Don't be deceived by the beautiful picture of the gym...it looks NOTHING like that. The pool area was almost the same. The flowing water fall in the hotel pictures were green with pond scum and the pool deck had standing black litter filled water puddles. Pool deck was NOT white concrete looking, but black and moldy. No one near the pool was there to hand out towels or check that only guests were using the pool. Anyone could easily walk in and use the pool. The shops in the building were shuttered and closed with the exception of about 4 or 5. NO ONE and really I mean NO ONE should be subjected to see this part of the hotel or be any where near these areas of the hotel. Pictures on the website are LIES, ALL LIES.
When asked why we had to use a different check in office the only reply was from the two young women was that there are 2 different management companies and some reservations get switched to them. We canceled our reservation immediately, was charged the one night cancelation fee and got the hell out of there. I have pictures of everything and I will be fighting with the credit card company to get the cancelation fee back.
DO NOT GOT THERE!!!!

Room Tip: Do NOT book a room here!! Run away as fast as you can!!
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Booked a room at this hotel for a night and here is my take on it.

Parking: First of all parking is $18 in an adjacent garage if you want to self park or $22 for Valet.

Lobby: Very confusing as the Registration desk in the lobby belongs to a different hotel. Apparently 2 hotels share the same lobby but the registration office for this hotel is 2 doors down from the outside.
You also need a card key to enter the inner lobby besides the room key to access the room.
The front desk agent was a nice guy.
You get charged a $10 resort fee upon check in.

The room: The room is a decent size since it is an older property equipped with a mini fridge, microwave and a small stove.
The AC is a portable stand alone unit that is attached to the window with a plastic duct hose. The AC is loud compared to it's size. Very loud but on the bright side it works good and makes the room cold.
There are some things that needs some attention like the bathroom sink,bath tub. There is only 1 electricity outlet available in the room.

Cleanliness: The room needs more attention as the floor is tile but needed more cleaning. One of the beds had many long strands of hair but the other bed was ok. Thankfully it was only me in the room.

All in all just to spend the night there is ok but probably won't stay there while on vacation.

The advantage is that the beach is in the backyard literally and close to the port

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First let's discuss the bad. This place is rundown and in serious need of renovation. I read an article while staying at the hotel that the Mayor has been trying to help get the hotel renovated since it is one of the oldest hotels on the beach and is a landmark for the town of Hollywood. Apparently there are major issues due to the hotel being owned by several different groups, it's not just a hotel but has condo's, timeshares, two different hotels I think and so on and so on. I guess trying to get everyone all the same page is rather diffucult. Now for the good, rooms were decent if a little warm, we walked out onto the boardwalk and the beach which was awesome. They have an awesome pool and hot tub and there is tons of shops places to eat and drink within walking distance. the water taxi is right down the street as is the tram station. They over free shuttle service from airport and to cruise port if you stay more than 2 nights and only $20 bucks if only one night very fair. I used points from my hotel card so did not pay for the room per say but I did talk to several quests who all paidf between $90.00 to $130.00 per night so all and all to stay on the beach you could do a lot worse for the money! I do suggest this place and I will stay here again myself.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Been to Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel? Share your experiences!