“Needs some attention a” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel

You added Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel to your Saves list
Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 North Ocean Drive, Hollywood, FL 33019 (Formerly Ramada Hollywood Beach Resort)   |
Ranked #56 of 64 Hotels in Hollywood
“Needs some attention a”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

Booked a room at this hotel for a night and here is my take on it.

Parking: First of all parking is $18 in an adjacent garage if you want to self park or $22 for Valet.

Lobby: Very confusing as the Registration desk in the lobby belongs to a different hotel. Apparently 2 hotels share the same lobby but the registration office for this hotel is 2 doors down from the outside.
You also need a card key to enter the inner lobby besides the room key to access the room.
The front desk agent was a nice guy.
You get charged a $10 resort fee upon check in.

The room: The room is a decent size since it is an older property equipped with a mini fridge, microwave and a small stove.
The AC is a portable stand alone unit that is attached to the window with a plastic duct hose. The AC is loud compared to it's size. Very loud but on the bright side it works good and makes the room cold.
There are some things that needs some attention like the bathroom sink,bath tub. There is only 1 electricity outlet available in the room.

Cleanliness: The room needs more attention as the floor is tile but needed more cleaning. One of the beds had many long strands of hair but the other bed was ok. Thankfully it was only me in the room.

All in all just to spend the night there is ok but probably won't stay there while on vacation.

The advantage is that the beach is in the backyard literally and close to the port

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

First let's discuss the bad. This place is rundown and in serious need of renovation. I read an article while staying at the hotel that the Mayor has been trying to help get the hotel renovated since it is one of the oldest hotels on the beach and is a landmark for the town of Hollywood. Apparently there are major issues due to the hotel being owned by several different groups, it's not just a hotel but has condo's, timeshares, two different hotels I think and so on and so on. I guess trying to get everyone all the same page is rather diffucult. Now for the good, rooms were decent if a little warm, we walked out onto the boardwalk and the beach which was awesome. They have an awesome pool and hot tub and there is tons of shops places to eat and drink within walking distance. the water taxi is right down the street as is the tram station. They over free shuttle service from airport and to cruise port if you stay more than 2 nights and only $20 bucks if only one night very fair. I used points from my hotel card so did not pay for the room per say but I did talk to several quests who all paidf between $90.00 to $130.00 per night so all and all to stay on the beach you could do a lot worse for the money! I do suggest this place and I will stay here again myself.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We rented a small condo at this resort using Airbnb and it was a great experience. Sure the resort overall is a little dated, and individual units vary by owner, but I have to say the place is pretty good and a great value. It's right on the beach and boardwalk. The pool is huge, clean and warm. There are little shops downstairs perfect for buying whatever you forgot at home or just to get a snack/cup of coffee. It's very international - lots of Europeans staying here. We loved our time here.

Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Horrible, dirty and the pictures on the website are total fraud. This place ruined our vacation. It was so bad that I was afraid to leave my personal items in the room. The rooms are simple and ugly. the pool is a mess. The inside lobby of hotel is abandoned rental space. ICK.

Room Tip: dont stay here
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Please save your $$$ and go somewhere else. This place is beyond old, dingy, musty, dirty and very lackluster. The"lobby" looks like an abandoned place near a walking dead location. Absolutely disappointed, grossed out, out of place. Currently here on my second day packing to go to another hotel, canceled the rest of my vacation stay here, can't handle it.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Small. Tired. Dated.

I don't think I am overly snobbish when it comes to hotels but this really didn't fit the bill for our family. We were not connecting to a cruise, only looking for a stop over near Miami before a long flight with some sort of kitchen facilities.

The rooms are absolutely tiny, we could barely squeeze in with only a couple of suitcases and a stroller. We have easily fitted in double bedroom hotels before but it was just too small for our needs.

The apartment had been cleaned but I didn't feel safe leaving our baby on the tile floor. The whole hotel is incredibly dated and not particularly attractive at all. The walls are paper thin and you can hear everything going on out in the hallway.

The pool area was ok, nice and warm for the kids but paving around it incredibly hot, hardly any shaded spots to sit, the showers outside were not functioning properly so we could not wash before we left.

The good news is you can easily go for a walk out on to the boardwalk and eat dinner out, soaking up the rays on the beach and avoid being in the hotel.

We felt even for the price (cheaper than most) it still wasn't great value for money but I guess you get that in a big city and hard to get somewhere larger on a budget for a single night stay with a family.

Keri ~ BabyGlobetrotters.Net

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view but as they don't clean the windows and you overlook a roof as well you wo...
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Well to start it off we were not given the room I booked. We was suppose to have a king suite with ocean view that was not the case so I called down to front desk and he said they were booked he would see what he could find. He did put us in a bigger room but still no Oceanview. The beds were itchy we ended up sleeping on the couch. Everywhere in the hotel stinks. Our room smelled horrible. But the pros of this place you are directly on the beach and have a boardwalk filled with restaurants and shops. I will recommend Nicks. They have great burgers.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel? Share your experiences!