“DONT LISTEN TO BAD REVIEWS” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel

You added Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel to your Saves list
Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 North Ocean Drive, Hollywood, FL 33019 (Formerly Ramada Hollywood Beach Resort)   |
Ranked #57 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“DONT LISTEN TO BAD REVIEWS”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Loved the hotel. Loved our room and our rate.
wonderful staff. Lou was great at check in. And Joe helped at check out and with our port departure. Thanks guys.
Would definately come back.
Our room was clean and freshly painted. New bed and bedding and mattress.

Room Tip: I got this hotel for a great price. Was a great deal and cannot complain about a thing. Check in a...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Manchester, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Older style hotel; stayed a few days before and after we went on a 7 day cruise. Window blinds were damaged with a good size 'square' of missing flats, safe was broken, fan in bathroom made a horrible noise when turned on.

Had to pay extra $10 nightly for resort fees. Resort? We had to use a separate entrance, away from the check-in area, and there were no spots to sit in the pool chairs any of the 4 days we were there!

However, they did have van service that brought you to the airport and cruise port for $9 each. We took a cab from the cruise port back to the hotel on the way back, for $35 one way.

Room Tip: We stayed in two different rooms and neither of them would have been acceptable if I stayed any long...
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This review will be a little longer then most.
I booked a studio room for my wife and myself. This was not a good room
We were given room # 731 There was no dresser to put your clothing
The carpet in the room was smelly and sticky., there was no stove in the room.
This was something that I requested in the booking process. We ended up being
moved to another room; which was much better then 731. We spent about $1100 for
A nine day stay.. Plus parking which was another $18 per day. = $162
For a grand ttl of $1262. There are positives to this hotel. It is centrally located on the
Broadwalk and there is a great pool onsite. The maid service was daily but I found inconsistencies
With how the room was kept up . IE one day the bed was made but the trash was not picked up
One day the trash was picked up but the towels were not changed . one day nothing was done.
This part is important for anyone wishing to stay. Before I go any further I want to say the
Staff generally tries to help you and are nice. The rooms in the building are managed by to
Companies which lease out owner units. One is the historical Hollywood beach resort Phone: (954) 921-0990 they manage condos and have owner units that they rent out. Then there is SG resorts . they are the hotel that used to be Ramada anyways there phone # is 954 272 2095 and their web page is http://www.hollywoodbeach-resort.com/ . SG offers free shuttle to and from the airport. Where as the historical Hollywood beach resort does not. ( There are two checkin desks at the building ) What I found is that room quality varies from owner To owner , as well as , the pricing. I spoke with one Gentleman from Canada. He was able to Rent his studio for $2300 plus $165 parking for the month. Please recall what I told you I paid earlier.
My rating would be a 1.5 out of five that is for the infrastructure and maid services. Regarding the front desk 5 they are all nice and have to deal with condo owners who do not maintain their units. Be kind to them and they will be nice to you … Also the location is 5 you are on the beach and have a great pool.
Tips don’t smoke in the room there is a $250 for that. And don’t loose your beach towels there is a fee for those as well. Remember I booked with the Historical Hollywood beach resort not SG resorts or an individual condo owner on trip advisor or VRBO … I hope I didn’t confuse you. There is much information here and it took me a while to figure it all out. If you have any questions email.
My suggestion would be to use trip advisor vrbo and use the web sites and phone numbers to research and get the best price for booking this hotel Everyone who I spoke with that used trip advisors service were happy with the room they got. Also if you can negotiate
The parking with the owner that would be a plus . ok Here is one more saving tip for you regarding parking. No one seamed to be able to figure out how to get around the $18 parking lot fee .. Guess what I did. You can go to the City off Hollywood’s website and request a weekly parking permit which costs a whopping $21.20 for a week and $53 for a month you can sign up at http://www.hollywoodfl.org/index.aspx?nid=284 or call 954 764 4357 option #4 to speak with the parking department to understand the restrictions.
That’s pretty much it … I wish someone had this information for me. Please let me know if this review helped you. I want to know if I am wasting my time or actually helping someone .. Good luck to you and all the best

Room Tip: ask if there is a stove or full refrig in the room also make sure the room you get does not have car...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
St. Catharines, ON
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I booked this as I needed to pick someone up from Fort Lauderdale airport. Location to airport - great. And that's it. I got the "best" room when booking - oceanview suite. I tried to check in at the desk, but I was told I needed to check in at a different desk, outside the entrance. It was hard enough to bring my bags all the way there, I also had to bring them back. The checkin desk I was supposed to be at is not even located at the entrance to the hotel (side note, check in desk gives you a feeling about what sort of rooms you will be getting). My room smelled strongly of food cooking (from other rooms nearby). The secondary lock was broken off the door and missing. I did not feel safe. The sheets did not fit the mattress. (other smaller details that I could have lived with - noisy fridge, tube tv, extremely outdated decor and bathroom). I called down and explained the situation and the staff gave me a new room. This one was no longer a straight view to the ocean, rather a side view, if you craned your neck. I was happy to see I had a functional door, sheets that fit, and the room looked to be semi-updated. The bathroom had newer fixtures and the tv was flat panel. I would never stay here again, for memory of the awful room and for the risk of getting an absolutely awful room again. I was happy that they let me change rooms, but I would never recommend staying here.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Hollywood, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Pull into the entrance leave your car with the valet for $22 a night to park;' I've never understood how dare a hotel make you pay to park when you already paid to stay at the hotel. Well we lugged all your luggage to the check in counter to be rudely told you have to exit walk to two doors down to another check in counter. Bad start. Lug luggage to entirely different entrance and get the room cards to be told about another fee $10 a night "resort" fee on top of what we already paid the travel site. Then to be told to go back to the other entrance we just came from to enter hotel. Why in hell did they set it up that way immediately starts you vacation off on the wrong foot so strike 1,2, 3 right? Did not get better. The hotel lobby is dated old and not visually appealing. We head up the elevator to look for our room; which feels like miles away. Walk to the end of the longest hall way I've ever seen in a Florida hotel then right turn to another long hallway to the second to last room on floor wow maybe we're annoyed about the ridiculous check in set up then fee after fee so now more annoyed & now kind of tired. Well the room look helped change our attitude; the room was clean, a nice size, the kitchen was a pleasant surprise, the beds were comfy, & radio so cool turned it on to loosen us up. Well then thing go bad again; the bathroom had mold on the walls ceiling and soap bar holder. We were so exhausted we just decided showered only try not to touch walls or use soap holder. Another problem was there was some machine running (sounded like a washer or dryer thumping away) that did not allow us to have a pleasant night sleep and you can hear everything clearly in the hallway from other guests. The beach steps from the exit is beautiful. So if I had to give a 1to10 rate I'd give it a 4 by no means is it a good hotel but not completly terrible.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the elevator.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This place is awful from check in to check out! Do NOT stay here! The place is badly in need of an update and the service is horrible! I would NOT stay here again if they were giving me a room! I also feel like Florida residents are very rude!

Room Tip: This place is horrible and the service is really bad. We were charged $200 plus per night while oth...
Largs
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Now I am not a fan of dissing a place just for the fun of it. I have to think long and hard and sound as diplomatic as I can here so bear with me. Let's start with the positives. Well it is as the name suggests, on the beach, right next to the boardwalk great for daytime strolls.
Now on the minus side let me begin with the price, at over $140 a night it was shockingly expensive, in addition there was a ridiculous resort fee of $10 and I understand a parking charge applied as well. Trying to find reception in the first place was an expedition in itself, the complex has about three front desks but the hotel one is actually in an adjoining building.There was no Wi-Fi in the room (inexcusable nowadays), though it was available in the lobby which looked liked a doctors reception area. The room itself had a distinctly musty aroma, and the base of the shower was scattered with sand kindly left by the previous guests. The room safe did not work which meant carrying our money with us. And if you like us, ventured out onto the boardwalk at night in the futile attempt to find a decent restaurant, you would be dodging in and out of poorly lit alcoves complete with a resident drunk and a pocket stuffed with banknotes (us not the drunk). The coffee shop across the lobby whilst offering a good breakfast (included in the price) did take over 40 minutes to deliver ours as they served it to another table first.
I felt as if I'd walked onto the set of Cocoon, dodging spritely retirees with their walking sticks and mobility scooters and to be honest the hotel would be better suited to the 80's. Not so much faded grandeur and lost it completely am afraid. A revamp is an immediate requirement. Thankfully we only had one night here. Sorry, for us anyway this was the last resort cruise port hotel.

Room Tip: This stretch of Hollywood is a little downtrodden. I'd try Fort Lauderdale itself or wait for th...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel? Share your experiences!