“next to the beach” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel

You added Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel to your Saves list
Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 North Ocean Drive, Hollywood, FL 33019 (Formerly Ramada Hollywood Beach Resort)   |
Ranked #56 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
“next to the beach”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

when the weather is good, this place is perfect for beach access.

expect to pay a minimum of $15 per day for parking and i think there's a moderate resort fee which doesn't always feel great to pay.

wifi was not accessible from the room i was given, but it was available in the tiny lobby with two couches.

all the staff were very nice though. there seem to be multiple companies that rent rooms or timeshares in the same huge building. the building seems super old but it is not completely uncharming. i was impressed with the AC unit in the room and the fridge and stove and size and cleanliness.

Room Tip: ask for a room with good wifi access and not too close or far from the elevators
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel is old but we had very clean rooms and good service with a smile in room coffee machine soft towels fridge. A lift to all floors. Wifi in the lobby very good, coffee shop and cafe in the lobby one shop that sells most everything you may need,also a rental bike shop, Our rooms overlooked the front of hotel city view, could see road bridge rise and fall. Hotel right on the broad walk 2/half miles of pedestrian walkway so safe for kids, cafés restaurants overlooking the beach lovely views all around. Lovely place to people watch while dining.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Yes the hotel is old, 1926, and some of the public areas still show signs of that era.
It is a little tired and could do with modernising, but whilst it retains private condos that won't happen.
The only part of the public areas that we could fault was the toilets in the lobby area. The whole two weeks we were there some of the 'facilities' were out of order and certainly the cleanliness of the gents left a lot to be desired.
The condo that we booked, 424, was adequate for our needs. It was certainly not the worst condo there, but probably a long way from the best.
If you book here be aware that wi fi is NOT available in rooms as some owners may advertise. Available in the lobby area only..
The outside of the hotel was generally clean and tidy. The pool area was great. All the staff we had dealings with were both polite and helpful.
All in all the room was just OK, the hotel fine and the beach and pool great.
Shuttle from Fort Lauderdale airport is available, after 7am, for $9 per person (taxi about $28). Contact the hotel and they will let you know who to phone to arrange.

Room Tip: Sea view if you can get one
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I have stayed at many hotels in the past and I can honestly say that this was the worst hotel experience I've ever had. I've never taken the time to write a review but this time I felt absolutely necessary. Everything about this hotel was terrible. It was rundown, dirty, old and the staff was rude. This may have been a resort when it was initially built many many years ago however this is not a resort. The first floor of the hotel which should be shops and restaurants are all boarded up windows and cheapo touristy style clothing that looks like its been sitting in the window for 20 years. What used to be water features throughout the lobby are now dirty and empty. The air-quality in our room was terrible. A strong smell of musty mold. We had a two night stay and each morning I woke up with swollen eyes from the poor air quality. The tub and sink in our bathroom drain so slowly that we were standing ankle deep in our shower water while taking showers. I can't explain how rude the staff was at the elevator security station. We felt more like prisoners then guests. I can't tell you how upset we were with the price that we paid for these rooms to be treated the way that we were and to stay in a place as dumpy as this. There's no way this place should be calling themselves a resort. It was more like a dumpy 8 story motel. The beds were hard and very uncomfortable. The hallways stink of smoke and must. I have nothing good to say about this hotel. It is a rundown, dingy, stinky, dirty, old and overpriced.

• Stayed January 2015
Sarasota, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I will echo many of the same comments that I have just read recently in regard to this dump and that's exactly what it is. You'd never know from the street because as your driving you can either go left to the beach or bear right, make a U-Turn as you most always have to here in Florida and that will get you to the lovely Hollywood Beach Resort a sorry, sorry excuse for a hotel if you want to even call it that. I believe it used to be a Ramada property several years but they couldn't pass inspection and it's no wonder why once you get there, take a look and get to your lovely room. Boy are u in for a surprise!!!
Pictures of this property in its heyday adorn the walls. Looks like they haven't done anything since and want to retain that mystique. Walking into these rooms it's as if you did step back in time to the 50's. Look at some pictures your Mom or Dad may have after they were first married, perhaps purchased their first house and I'm sure as it was with my folks may bring back some memories. Then fast forward to this place circa 2015 but the property still looks like its back in the 50's straight out of the Twilight Zone with Rod Serling. This would have been a great episode for him: Remember the opening went something like; 'you've entered another dimension in space and time". Real bizarre indeed.
I feel bad for anyone who actually has to work there and try and defend the property. But wait. There's more. You have to pay $15/day to park and they give you these flimsy things they call towels for the pool that I never bothered to check out. Why even have a pool when Hollywood Beach is right there, the only saving grace to this cesspool. But then again, I've stayed at the Ramada downtown and in ten minutes you're at the beach so beachfront is a moot point and you're going to pay thru the nose for a place on the beach.
And if you don't return those things they call towels(they're better suited to dry off your car after it's just been washed) they will charge you. That almost happened to me because my car needed repairs while I was there and the towels happened to be in my car. I returned those "luxurious" towels to the desk when I got my car back. And finally, this being 2015 and all in the 21st century, there is no internet access in the rooms. Who does not have room WI-FI these days. I'll tell you one. It's this dump. If you trust the reviews you read here you'll stay away from this place. And like I said, save yourself some money. You don't need to be at the beaches doorstep when in a matter of minutes you're there. Well, unless you're in Ft. Lauderdale or something. Buyer Beware. Don't say we didn't warn you. They should be paying the guests for staying there and not the other way around.

Room Tip: Yah, I have a tip. Don't bother staying there. That's the best tip I can offer.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Wilmington, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We have to say that from the front desk to the cleaning lady's this were great! Close beach, restaurants, lots to do! Hotel, was nothing special, it's run down but the beds were cozy and everything worked! Clearing ladys need to do a lot better, but other wise it was great time!

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms are not worth paying extra! Better rooms looking other way!
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

DO BOOK THIS HOTEL it is probably for homeless people which is a shame as it is a health and safety risk!! Myself and three friends were booked here for nights before a cruise we did were unable to stay at the hotel for more than twenty minutes. My friends petite studio was engulfed with the smell of gas but no one seemed bothered. The studios are small pokey dirty health and safety risk with full size cookers by the bed two kitchen units half falling of the wall a giant fridge freezer and I was not in the room long enough to see if there was a tv. Assistance from security was poor no one to hep with our suitcases, reception was poor the receptionist was un I informative and looked as if we had waken her from her bed. The best person was the man we had to see on the second reception who tried to assist us in finding a better room, but it was actually just a bigger version of the terrible studio we were allocated earlier. At this point Fter flying for ten hours and spending two hours in the airport customs queue we decided we desperately needed some sleep as it was now 1am US time we therefore called a taxi which took us to the nearest Martiot Oceans street where we had a warm welcome and were able to book two luxurious rooms.

Room Tip: Don't book there. Ratings unmarkable
Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel? Share your experiences!