“Nasty! Don't stay! WARNING!!! Bloody sheets!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel

You added Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel to your Saves list
Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 North Ocean Drive, Hollywood, FL 33019 (Formerly Ramada Hollywood Beach Resort)   |
Ranked #56 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Nasty! Don't stay! WARNING!!! Bloody sheets!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I have never been grossed out in my life with such a place. Let me first start off with the negatives.
When we checked into our hotel, we were going to take a quick nap since had a long day. We pulled the sheets back only to find that they had body fluid stains on them!!!!! Disgusting! My wife was mortified. So I quickly notified the front desk and they had housekeeping come up immediately to change our bedsheets. So as housekeeping was changing out the bedsheets, we then noticed that the too comforter had BLOOD STAINS on it!!!! I pointed it out to her snd told her that those need to be thrown in the trash! This was a bad sign that I should have packed up and left.

The a/c unit was a portable unit that had a flex pipe duct taped from the unit to the window (see photo). The room had lots of unfamiliar stains on the walls (see photo). The safe did not work (see photo). The TV looked like it could fall off the wall at anytime; had wires hanging down (see photo). The bathroom floor was disgusting (see photo). The front door looked unsecured (see photo). The "beach front" view was a view of the roof with HVAC units (see photo). The hallways had a dirty, mildew, cigarette smell throughout the whole building. It looked as iff this hotel was abandoned. Don't let your kids or wife walk alone in the hallways. Looks unsafe.

We booked 3 night at this "resort" and we packed up and checked out at 8am after our first night and forfeited our money. This is a slum place. This is NOT a resort. This is more like a MOTEL.

Parking onsite in the garage (which is the only option) is $15 a day! We also forfeited $30 of prepaid parking simce we checked out 2 days earlier and they do not issue refunds for unused days.

We checked in on December 19th amd checked out on the 21st asap!
Please please please please! Do not stay at this place as you will disappointed. If you would like to personally contact me for any questions the email me at jeremieisaiah@yahoo.com. I have never left my email on a review but I do not want you to be disappointed like we were.

The only positive thing about this place was the friendliness of the staff during my check-in & check-out.

If I could rate this hotel, I would give it a negative 5 rating. It was that bad.

Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Sarasota, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We booked a room, but did not stay. Avoid this at all cost. It is not a hotel, it is all condos. Outside entrance falling down, littered with trash, dog poop, and not safe. There were 8 cop cars out front. Two different companies manage this, they don't cooperate with each other. The lobby was filthy, had homeless people sitting around, strange people walking in and around property. We looked at the room before deciding whether to stay. It was facing a wall, was filthy, smelled, everything was worn and outdated. We gave back the key to the reception desk and told them this room and entire facility inside and out was dirty and awful. We did not stay here, we lost our room deposit for the one night stay, but we felt it was worth it. We went to the Hampton Inn by the Convention Center, which was fabulous. Word of Warning - don't book here, save your money and go to another hotel.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here for one night during an AirBnB stay. Stayed in a one bedroom studio. Decent view of the ocean, 7/10 for the room being clean. Can't really complain about the room. Was simply average. The room did what we needed it to do for one night while in-between additional lodging. I would not stay here again. And probably would not recommend it... Right on the boardwalk, and a good amount of restaurants and bars around. There are better places to stay.

Room Tip: Ocean View
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I enjoyed my stay here, but when we got a cold front, the room had no heating system and the front desk would not give us a portable heater. the pool was perfect, nice and warm, even with the cold front it was still nice and warm and we enjoyed going there in the mornings for a swim. the Jacuzzi was nice and hot, except the jets did not bubble like they should. the beds were nice and soft and room was very clean, but it was hard to get supplies when we ran out. may or may not stay here again. although it was very clean and well maintained, sometimes the staff seemed confused, although very kind to us.

Room Tip: get a room with carpet instead of the cold, hard tile!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were in town the day before we were to catch a cruise. Our room had an ocean view. After that, the room quality fell off although I hasten to add that it was clean. The telephone did not work and the refrigerator sounded like a jet taking off. I ended up turning it off. There was a small kitchen area in this room as well so cooking is possible but keep it simple. I also was nervous about the electrical outlets. They might have been up to 1920s code but not now.

The location is fantastic. It is right on the boardwalk toward the southern end. There are a number of bars and restaurants within easy walking distance. There is also a fairly large pool on the premises with plenty of lounge chairs. There is some shopping in the hotel as well as a bike rental shop. One thing that is very clear however is that this seems to be part of a failed shopping mall. There were several empty store fronts.

There is a Margaritaville being built just a bit north. These guys will need to pick up their game if they want to compete. We also heard one guest complain that the wifi was not free and that it only worked in the lobby.

We got lucky. The night we were in town, there was a Christmas parade on the Boardwalk. It was a lot of fun.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Hollywood, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I'll give it one just for the employees of this hideous hell hole. The hotel employees do the best they can. I booked through "Bookit" so that may have something to do with the section of the hotel I occupied. Don't know. I do know that I will never return. The grounds are filthy. Most of the hotel is abandon and the hallways reek of cigarette smoke. There was coffee and cups but no coffee pot. Beds are uncomfortable. It was 43 degrees outside and no heat inside. I was told to turn off the air and fan and the result = "heat" - seriously? One of the units across the hall from my room had a Sheriff's Notice of Eviction on the door - see pic. Parking $15 per night plus a $10 resort fee. There are many hotels much closer to the cruise port than this one and a million hotels with better accommodations. I'd rather sleep in my car.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great room with mini kitchenette and full size fridge. Beach Right behind hotel. Lots of restaurants within close walking distance. Pool also behind hotel..lots of lounge chairs. ................

...............

• Stayed November 2014

Been to Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel? Share your experiences!