“Not Bad For Money” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel

You added Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel to your Saves list
Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 North Ocean Drive, Hollywood, FL 33019 (Formerly Ramada Hollywood Beach Resort)   |
Ranked #56 of 65 Hotels in Hollywood
Buffalo, New York
“Not Bad For Money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My wife and I both thought this hotel was a decent place to stay for the money. Other reviewers are correct; if you want a posh hotel with all the amenities, this might not be for you. For travelers who are less critical and want an ocean front hotel with a huge pool and spa at a decent price, this is for you; after all, we didn't plan on living there; we were just spending the night.

The room was a little dated, but it was mostly clean and cozy. I didn't give it the white glove test; nor did we bring our own cleaning supplies. We arrived at 10:00 a.m. and check-in wasn't till 4 p.m.; the front desk tagged our luggage and held it for us while they rushed to clean our room and let us check in early. They also let us use the pool and towels until room was ready. We checked out at 11 a.m. the next day and they gave us the same courtesy until our shuttle took us to the airport at 4 p.m.. We thought that was very caring and accommodating; it sure beat sitting at the airport for 7 hours.

The staff was all friendly with exception of the pool guy; he wasn't the most outgoing man but he was "there"; The building was very secure and had onsite security to ensure our safety. Hollywood Beach seemed like it could be a little "sketchy" at times; so this was reassuring.

The boardwalk was right out the rear door of the hotel. We spent one night only but would go back for a week if we could. The price was right and the location was delightful. Truthfully, there is so much to do and see there, we only used our room to sleep.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Lake Macquarie, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This hotel should be avoided by all who require annormal standard of service and cleanliness. It appears to be managed by 2separate companies that do not cooperate with one another.
The reception area was flthy nd the rom not much better.
Even though bokoing in at night and departing early the next day, we were asked to pay a resort fee before receiving te room key. The safe wouldnt lock s after much complaint this was returned.the food available in the cafe was inedible.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Rochester, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

If you are the type of traveler that doesn't mind a basic 2 star hotel then this place is OK. The place is very dated, not much upkeep. Don't be fooled by the name...its not a resort. If you want a good location on the beach and a great pool then this place is for you. Its not the kind of place where you will want to spend a lot of time in your room or hanging out in the lobby. Its just a place to crash at the end of the day. One elevator broke the day we checked in, within the next couple days all three elevators were down. Everyone had to use the stairs. So again, be careful if thinking about this place and what you are looking for

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Scappoose, Oregon, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

While the hotel and rooms offer some charm, the staff is so incredibly rude we will Never recommend this hotel.
The pool is a nice size and you are situated right by the ocean but if you have to interact with the staff you are left with the impression that you have interrupted them and that your request is beyond their comprehension. Very rude people!

• Stayed November 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This place is cool and neat. It's very historic in feeling and I personally enjoyed staying here. If you want posh don't go here. It was clean and on the beach. I felt as if I had stepped back in time and for me a history buff, is awesome. Good service: good pool.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is the worst experience I went through at this hotel. Is supposely by the beach and thats why there is no parking. I asked to use the restroom while I checked in and they gave me the key to what they charge $10 for the gym and it smelled old and moldie. We went up to the room and the bathroom door was locked. called front desk 6 times and no one answered. By the side of the bed there was a used razor, the room was dirty of cofee marks and in the bathroom there was hair. WORST place

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Bronx, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2014

I stayed here with a friend through an amazing deal we found online. Because we booked our trips from different parts of the country and at different times (since my decision to come was last minute) we had to book two different rooms because supposedly the fee to change her reservation was almost as much as just getting my own room. But we discovered I very well could've stayed in her room for free as they simply asked her how many room keys she would like despite the fact that the reservation was for only one person. They did the same to me as I checked in and I even pointed it out to the clerk that I was staying alone, why would I need an extra key? She didn't seem to understand or think it strange to ask.

The difference in the quality of our rooms was astounding! I checked into my room first and thought I got an amazing deal for what I had paid. I had two large full sized beds (despite asking for a single), a full fridge, kitchen, updated bathroom, and flat-screen TV and even a small comfortable reading area. The room was comfortable and though not immaculate, but pretty clean. The photos are of my room.

She checked in an hour or so after I did and her room looked as though it hadn't been updated since the 70s with old carpet, also two full sized beds, a microwave, and an CRT TV that reminded me of grandparents' house. The bathroom was much smaller than mine and dingy with age. SO STRANGE that there was such a marked difference between our rooms.

The place itself has a weird sort of air to it. The downstairs mall has plenty of space for shops but most are closed or completely empty, giving a strange desolate feeling to the place.

My friend was staying on the 5th floor and I was on the 3rd, so that first night, I invited her to my room to hang out as we didn't feel up for going out after a day of traveling. Being a more active person, she decided to take the stairs down to the 3rd floor to my room. It took her over an hour to make her way to my room because she kept finding stairs that lead to locked doors, skipped floors, or simply just ended. She ended up taking the elevator down eventually, but what!?

I don't want to say the place is haunted per se, but the entire time we stayed in the hotel, we kept finding very strange things like ending hallways, locked doors, plus a random room surrounded by mattresses located off one of the stairwells my friend found trying to get to my room. Our last night there, we had stayed out very late coming back from Miami and I crawled into bed ready to pass out around 3:30 am. I did not sleep very well that night because every time I began to drift off, something kept hitting the side of my bed. It happened twice and so I decided to switch to the other full-sized bed to only have it happen on the other bed 3 more times. I have no idea what did that..I kind of don't want to know.

Besides the strangeness of this place, the people here are very helpful. The proximity to the boardwalk and the beach, plus the trolley to downtown Hollywood, make it worth it in my opinion.

Make your own decision about this place, and maybe my friend and I are crazy, but we intend on staying here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel? Share your experiences!